It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sherrif Begins Taking Away Concealed Weapons Permits

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Anyone remember what happened in Canada just a few years ago? Mid 90's I believe when they had all the firearm owners register their weapons, then two years later went door to door and collected them for destruction. It's gonna happen here is the liberal demecrats get their way!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Were the liberal Democrats in charge when New Orleans had their guns confiscated ?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am glad you reload, but my point was that TPTB would have a lot less problems if they confiscate the ammo during a long weekend before declaring marshall law and the fact that few Americans reload, compared to the 1950-1970 period of time.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jlyrojer

Maybe I'm naive, but this is the Information Age and the minute the first gun is collected, the country will know about it and not all, but enough will resist to the point that it would be very costly. "...cold dead hands" and all.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Oh, I understand that completely (and agree with you!). But it was a good way to work in the fact that everyone who is serious about gun ownership should at least consider doing their own reloading. You save time, money, hassle, and get better and more accurate shells. Plus, you can get inexpensive molds for remelting used wadcutters (lead bullets) into new ones. That in itself would throw a major monkey wrench into the plans of the PTB when they do decide to try and outlaw/confiscate ammunition.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Do you know of any good links that teaches the art of reloading your own ammo? I would love to learn

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So now the people who had their concealed gun permit revoked must wear their guns on the outside, completely ruining their fashion statements. this looks like a job for the fashion police.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Actualy yes, Democrats where in charge of New Orleans at that time and they still are trying to stop the return of any illegaly seized arms to the rightfull owners.

Zindo

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So your saying that Homeland Security are Democrats ?

Did you watch that Video someone posted where the reporter asked to talk to whoever was in Charge at the Dome during Katrina and the Army guy told him HOMELAND SECURITY was in charge ..It was the ARMY who came in to that ladies house and TOOK her gun ...or am I mistaken ?
Was Nagin in charge of Homeland Security ?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Wowzers!

Thank you much for those links! I will check them out when I get home!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It really IS that pathetic over here in Britain, no hand guns at all (licenced that is, the criminals still have them) no rifles unless you're a member of a gun club and use a range, and to get a licence for a shotgun you have to have written permission from a farmer or landowner saying you can shoot on their land. You can't even carry a knife unless it's a folding penknife (not even a lock knife) with a blade of less than three inches. We Brits are too scary for our government to allow us weapons, even a catapult will get you arrested

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Zindo beat me to it.
Thanks Zindo!

But I also think that this little tidbit of information, while it may be off-topic here, deserves to be discussed. So I am removing this post here and starting a new thread with the same post at www.abovetopsecret.com... This is really something that everyone who uses guns needs to know.

TheRedneck

[edit on 13-10-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I do not believe we are in any danger of loosing our right to carry weapons anytime soon. We just might have to wear a holster. I dont agree with this and Im not all that much into guns. I do , However support the 2nd amandment as I have read it and supporters of it several times.

The founding fathers werent as much concerned about protecting ourselves from each other as they were protecting us from a government gone mad. Thats the conclusion I have drawn.
Bury a few guns and ammo somewhere just in case, then come protect me, I dont own any. I will feed you.

TRB

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

The order came directly from Mayor Nagins office to those LEO's who where assigned to security. Fema and HS where not in charge till after the order from Nagin.
Nowhere in any of the reports was HS mentioned. That Soldier was very mistaken. Heres a link to the story at the time it was happening:

newsgroups.derkeiler.com...

and this is the repercussions from Democrat Nagin's illegal acts:

xavierthoughts.blogspot.com...
admits-to-gun-confiscation.html
Zindo

edit to mention that is was National Guard, not regular Army!

[edit on 10/13/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supes

Maybe I'm naive, but this is the Information Age and the minute the first gun is collected,

Perhaps a little yes...

Seems THEY are aware of this and are taking steps to solve that problem as well

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".

SOURCE

Also look up Bill HR 1955... there is a thread on it here at ATS

See how THAT effects issues

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I guess they could DOS all the ISP's shut down the Cellular and POTS systems, EMP all the electronics in computers, phones and cars and shoot all the horses
But unless everyone is all talk, there will be resistance and it will most likely be costly. Another thing to think about is; will the military personnel all follow those orders blindly. I doubt the local governments will be able to handle such a disarming. On top of all that a handful of states passed into law protections from weapon seizure in "emergencies" so the local government can't do the deed.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

... and don't give me any 2nd amendment BS.

BS? I take it then that you consider freedom of speech to be BS? How about freedom of assembly? How about freedom to be secure in one's own home? Oh, wait, maybe giving women the right to vote is BS. Or making slavery illegal; that would be BS too, right?
TheRedneck

lol.

This is funny,

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard

It really IS that pathetic over here in Britain, no hand guns at all (licenced that is, the criminals still have them) no rifles unless you're a member of a gun club and use a range, and to get a licence for a shotgun you have to have written permission from a farmer or landowner saying you can shoot on their land. You can't even carry a knife unless it's a folding penknife (not even a lock knife) with a blade of less than three inches. We Brits are too scary for our government to allow us weapons, even a catapult will get you arrested

Yeah, right, cause the last thing I want is an easier supply of guns for the chavs to keep shooting people with. When they are widely available it will be so much easier to get them. At least with a knife you can try and run away.

Ultimately I can't see this being a bad thing. It's like the Yanks are afraid that King George is going to come back and get them, or something. That precious "but what if we are invaded!" line gets me every time.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Mind posting a quote where someone has said the words "what if we are invaded" in relation to the 2nd Amendment?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join