It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severed Dog Head Kept Alive

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This disturbing film records the successful experiments in the resuscitation of life to dead animals (dogs), as conducted by Dr. S.S. Bryukhonenko at the Institute of Experimental Physiology and Therapy, Voronezh, U.S.S.R. Director: D.I. Yashin. Camera: E.V. Kashina. Narrator: Professor Walter B. Cannon. Introduced by Professor J.B.S. Haldane.

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

www.archive.org...

There were a series of experiments, in the early half of the 20th century that delved into Frankenstienian experiments...

Some involved the animation of severed dog heads...

Transplanting a monkey's head onto another monkey...

Transplanting a dog's head onto another dog....

(shivers)

[edit on 11-10-2008 by SirPaulMuaddib]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't need to see that video.

I was already disgusted by that mouse with a human ear on it's back some time ago.

I heard of this stuff before, it makes Dr Moreau jealous I guess

Sad that some people are willing to go this far.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've seen that somewhere before and can't look. But.

I think that the implications for transferring a parapalegics head on say a comaed person's body so that the parapalegic might walk-is interesting.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib

That is one of the creepiest things
that I have ever seen.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Makes you think about the possible unknown secret "human" experiments..

"Shivers".....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
the video is not so bad.

its not the one with the monkey head, that was a later experiment.

this one was a soviet experiment specifically on dogs.

all they show is a heart beating on its own attached to this machine, lungs breathing on their own attached to this machine, a severed dog head acting normal and reacting to stimuli when attached to a machine that artificially circulates and arterializes its blood, etc.

then, they allow a dog to die for 10 minutes by pumping out its' blood. they let it sit dead for 10 minutes, then re-circulate the blood back into the dogs' body. it comes back to life and begins having a normal heartrate and breathing rate. after 10 to 12 days it has totally normal functions, 1 to 2 days after the expirement it is still bed ridden. pretty amazing.

i wonder why they can't do this to human beings? if you've been dead for less than 15 minutes, attempt a blood recirculation?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There is a photo, if you google for it, of the transplanted dog head...

Rather creepy.

It was attached to the shoulder of another dog. If you "fed it" it would try to eat.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
I've seen that somewhere before and can't look. But.

I think that the implications for transferring a parapalegics head on say a comaed person's body so that the parapalegic might walk-is interesting.

What!!!!A person who is COMATOSE still has a chance of recovery!Some people have come out af a coma after years of being out cold.

This kind of research is scary.It reminds me of the experiments the robot
Erasmus carried out in the "Dune" Series.

[edit on 083131p://2517 by daeoeste]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If you ever feel like floundering to a theatre, the new X-Files movie visited this concept, except with humans. They even had pictures of the dog scenario. I found it very disturbing.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Makes you think about the possible unknown secret "human" experiments..

"Shivers".....

Yeah no kidding.Like the radiation experiments carried out on Sephardic Jews by their European Jew counterparts,or the tests done on American soldiers by their own government,Hitlers experiments on prisoners of all kinds not to mention the Chinese experiments on dissidents after taking their organs and selling them to the highest bidder on the black market....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I remember back when the guillotine was still popular in France they tried an experiment where they hooked a recently decapitated convict's head up to a dogs vein system.
The dog bled out, but the head became active again. It's impossible to know to what extent he was revived, since it took several minutes for the head to be transported to the lab, but it reacted to stimuli.
Sounds like something out of a horror movie, but it was attempted.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This was mentioned in the new X Files movie, shows in the movie how they had a multi headed dog, and also a human. I don't want to ruin the movie for any one who hasn't seen it, but it is a bit frankinstienish.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That is EXTREMELY disturbing if you put yourself in the perspective of the dog. Imagine waking up and feeling extreme pain from the nerves at the severed part of your neck and laying there being bugged by scientists and then OPENING YOUR EYES? omfg scary. That or looking into the blank eyes of this dog as it reacts to testing.. *shutters* i am gonna have nightmares

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If that video was for real, and it was made in the USSR, I have to wonder a couple of things.
One...the bottle of citric acid they swabbed the dogs nose with, the bottle was labled "citric acid" as in english. Shouldn't it have been labled in Russian? (maybe they're the same I don't know).
Two...I would think that would have been some top secret eyes only classified government stuff..especially if it was russian.
Just makes me wonder if it was real.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Double post....sorry.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by texas thinker]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
speechless

and yet today we still havent mastered life

i bet if we focused spending a little bit better we couldve achieved a type of immortality

too bad we're fighting over the stupid stuff

700 billion

i bet one could live forever for that price if they used the money right

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Mmmmm yummy. Severed dog heads kept fresh. Nothing better.

Eyeballs are the best part, you know?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker
If that video was for real, and it was made in the USSR, I have to wonder a couple of things.
One...the bottle of citric acid they swabbed the dogs nose with, the bottle was labled "citric acid" as in english. Shouldn't it have been labled in Russian? (maybe they're the same I don't know).
Two...I would think that would have been some top secret eyes only classified government stuff..especially if it was russian.

This was visually "dubbed" over bottle, for english audience

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've seen this video before. I thought it was completely mind blowing (and disturbing) all at the same time. However, I read somewhere (Not sure where) that this wasn't actually true, but rather Soviet Propaganda. Apparently the scientist (Sergei Brukhonenko) had connections to the Communist Party.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker

I might be wrong but I thought the video said the lab was a joint USA-Russia lab located in new york.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by NateNute]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join