It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this be Black Friday? - 10/10/08

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:
JSR

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
it just doesn't seem to want to go beyond that 8000 mark. maybe the investors are happy for that?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone in here for doing a terrific job at keeping us all updated and informed of this crazy situation. Im sitting here just refreshing cnbc watching this roller coaster of a ride. This last hour should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The last 45 minutes are the most dangerous. In the past seven days of lows, it's always dropped the most during the last hour, specifically the last 45 mins.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
When news headlines announce that the IMF is stepping in to help the USA out, do you think the sheeple will realize that we just became an Argentina?

As long as Survivor and Big Brother and Desperate Housewives stay on TV and their favorite sports team is still playing, do you think they will even notice?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Another historical fact:

The Friday before Black Monday saw the Dow drop 5% - which added to a week on continuous losses.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Why is Italy refusing to sign?

Anyone?

[edit on 10/10/08 by BlackOps719]

I'd guess it's because Berlusconi is a multi-billionaire and needs a bit more time to find safe havens for all his loot and that of his stinking-rich crony friends before he'll agree to anything.

PS

Dow -457. This is sickening. I'm not in the USA but the effects are global. Got some of my cash out of the bank today and praying they'll still be in business next week. Our "Government" here is still saying everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about and all our money is safe.

If I feel sick, omg how you in the US must be feeling I cannot imagine... Who would you want to lynch first?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix
has anyone looked at precious metal prices...

holy #!!!

gold down 7.75%

silver down 20%

BUY NOW PEOPLE!!!

WOW!!! That is unreal! i just looked at the live market and silver has gone from

$12.30 all the way to $9.50

This is bizarre! i would have figured people would have been buying gold and silver at this point but i guess the market is crashing so fast people are jsut trying to get to their cash first. But with the banks unable to make cash were having a cash crunch

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

If the market keeps dropping we may all be starring in Survivor before long.

It has no imapct saying it right here and now, but we are all in pretty deep s***.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Tremonti says the statement is too weak.

"Officials have been considering a statement saying that no systemically important bank would be allowed to fail, two European officials said."

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It rebounding well so far, currently at -200, but I don't want to bank on anything yet. We still havent hit that 30 minute final stretch.

link   
PPT in action. Market moving up.

link   
Whats this?

-277 and rising? Could we see a rebound?

link   

Originally posted by redhatty
When news headlines announce that the IMF is stepping in to help the USA out, do you think the sheeple will realize that we just became an Argentina?

As long as Survivor and Big Brother and Desperate Housewives stay on TV and their favorite sports team is still playing, do you think they will even notice?

They'll notice when their local 711 closes down or its shelves are emptying because there's no credit to stock them up again... or when their plastic cards get spit back by the ATM's because there's no cash left, or their cable provider goes bust and they can't get their favourite shows. Till then, I guess they won't. It's the same here right now, except we watch your US series dubbed into Czech...

link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Perhaps, but hey on a good note, look at that dow's steady climb since we hit 3:00, Might even see a gain out of the day, at least thats my prediction.

JSR

link   
when a bunch of people who are short the market start to unload the position, that will make the market bounce a bit right? at least for a little bit.

and then every will sell into the close.

does this sound right?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

A rally????

We're up to only being down a buck sixty five.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JSR

Volatility is far too high. I haven't a clue where the stock are headed. Things are jumping up and down so fast, for literally NO reason.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
3:00 pm.
Not enough speculators left for a nice dip. They made money in the morning. Banks came back a bit and so things should hold stable for the last hour. -150 at best, I mean worse -- it depends.

link   
PPT are in action.

Not letting the market correct itself properly isn't a wise move, we might see a nasty bite in the last 30 minutes.

link   
JSR I'd tell you, but I really don't have a clue...

It's going up now but this market is so volatile nothing is set in stone.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join