It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this be Black Friday? - 10/10/08

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So I dont post here to often, however I've spent the last week watching a mixture of various channels from here in the UK. Ive also been closely watching all sorts of threads in this forum. Like most here I am guessing, I have tripled my knowledge in how the financial markets around the world work.

I have spent all day today watching people both here and in the Main Stream Media making all sorts of predictions including the market crashing in the last 45mins to an hour (like it has all week).

As im writing this post the DJ Industrial price has fluctuated from -40 to -200. So what im now thinking is this.

Nobody, not even the best experts in the world has a clue whats happening now or whats going to happen. Hell i suspect theres only a few people around who actually understand what has happened over the last few days/weeks/months. By this I mean a complete understanding of all the factors that are contributing to what is happening as we sit here and watch.

Would this be a fair assessment?

Secondly, am i wrong in thinking that what is happening in Iceland right now is at least as important as what is happening everywhere else and why does it not seem to be making the headlines as much?

PS DJ just gone to the plus side apparently

link   
+23!!! The dow is up

not a one liner.

link   
+57.18 WTF is going on here??? I'm almost optimistic again!

Anyone have a clue what is causing this super-fast rollercoaster effect right now?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by maus80]

link   
Back up again!!!!

-35.....this is just wacky!!

link   
WE'RE IN THE GREEN! +32.17

Sorry bout the one liner

link   
+28! +47! I don't care who's doing it, keep doing it! Buy!

link   
Going up!

+47.86 as I type this

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Last half hour coming up.....

link   

Originally posted by anachryon
By the way, for those wondering what PPT is:
Plunge Protection Team

I really wonder with an upswing like this, if there is not some funny business going on. I cannot see why there is a + today. News is still bad.

link   
reply to post by JustMike

This one is fron cnbc and is not on their main page. And click on the streaming chart at the bottem.

CNBC web stock ticker

[edit on 10-10-2008 by scaicoscracker]

[edit on 10-10-2008 by scaicoscracker]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
and the VIX is back down to 70 (from 75+) WTF???

What is causing this? who's buying?

link   
It seems the market is being manipulated...

From the looks of it I speculate that the market will go down in the last 10 minutes before it closes. Don't get your hopes up guys...

Then again I could be wrong

[edit on 10-10-2008 by ThePowerOfOne]

link   

Originally posted by Mainer

By the way, for those wondering what PPT is:
Plunge Protection Team

I really wonder with an upswing like this, if there is not some funny business going on. I cannot see why there is a + today. News is still bad.

Maybe the G7 finally cut a deal and it hasnt been announced to the public yet???

link   
reply to post by b4christ15

Many thanks for the link. Most kind of you and much appreciated!

Hmmm... Just watching the live feed and I thought:"Why's the number in that funny green color?? It's normally red..."

Honestly... Sign of the times, I guess.

Will it hold? Still half an hour to go and that's a lonnnng time on Wall St...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer

I agree, but I can't help but wonder if this won't give a psychological boost to Monday's trading. I hate that I'm even thinking that, being okay with funny business, but I think it's desperately NEEDED right now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
3:30 EST on the dot.

30 minutes to go.

Come on baby.....daddy needs shoes!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am not making predictions one way or another.
This is insane...the market dropped 150 pts at closing bell yesterday, emphasis on AT.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

But here in the US there is no "normal"Monday trading - Federal Holiday

This could be setting us up to be severely tanked by the rest of the world monday

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I agree, but I can't help but wonder if this won't give a psychological boost to Monday's trading. I hate that I'm even thinking that, being okay with funny business, but I think it's desperately NEEDED right now.

No No No. That is part of the problem. How can you trust a market when it is being manipulated! It is one thing if we are all subject to randomness, but if the market is being manipulated someone else knows the future. That is what kills the fairness of the market i.e. trust!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I see fields of "Green" ... green arrows pointing up.

How much longer until it closes?

new topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join