It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin pre-empts state report, clears self in probe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Something else that has come out of all this is the use of her husband to do the dirty work, hopefully insulating herself from any impropriety.

The report is also expected to focus on Palin's husband, Todd, who had extraordinary access to the governor's office and her top aides. Todd acknowledges calling and meeting over the course of many months with numerous senior government officials about Wooten, whom he described as a dangerous and unstable man who had threatened his family. One of those meetings, Monegan said, occurred in the governor's office. Green said that raised questions of impropriety and that, ultimately, the governor is responsible. "He shouldn't be sitting in the governor's office and making phone calls if he's going to be pushing his agenda," she said. "Everything's on her."

news.yahoo.com...

I'm not sure I remember the last time my Governor's wife used his office to hold meetings and use the phone.

oops, forgot the link

[edit on 10-10-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Nowhere in the news article did I read that the Alaska State assembly has found "no abuse" of office. The article is about a report written by Sen. McCain's campaign committee.

Where does it say that Gov. Palin has been exonerated by either herself, or the assembly?

The state trooper should have been fired by his superior, before the divorce. I see no documentation that the superior tried to do the firing prior to said divorce. IF there had been attempts to fire this scumbag trooper before, and was countermanded by the Gov., I could see a problem. If no attempts were made to fire his butt, the superior should have been released.

However, the case revolves around budgetary considerations, and a re-assignment to another position, which Monegan choose not to accept. His choice... no harm, no foul.

The slant in the news article gives me the impression that Todd Palin was alone while making phone calls from the Gov.'s office. It was written with that slant to impress upon the reader that something sinister was happening.

I would suggest a wait and see approach to THIS case before we allow OJ and Bundy a free pass due to one's inability to read with comprehension.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

This was PALIN'S own judge and jury, being her the judge and jury, finding herself innocent. Not the board who found her guilty as sin.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday. The politically charged inquiry imperiled her reputation as a reformer on John McCain's Republican ticket. news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

"Today's report shows that the Governor acted within her proper and lawful authority in the reassignment of Walt Monegan," said Palin spokeswoman Meg Stapelton. "The report also illustrates what we've known all along: this was a partisan led inquiry run by Obama supporters

Of course they have throw the "partisan" line in.

However, we know that:

The report, which was commissioned and released by a bipartisan state legislative panel made up of 10 Republicans and 4 Democrats

Oops!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

I believe that a tennis term would best sum up your post and this debate.

Game, Set and Match!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And how will this affect her?

Report stings Palin over Troopergate flap

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The politically charged investigation into Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is over, and its conclusions are stinging. But the fallout, if any, might not come until Election Day.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I think what is really happening is that it is far from over but they are getting away with pushing any revelations back until after she fails to take office.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join