It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin pre-empts state report, clears self in probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Trying to head off a potentially embarrassing state ethics report on GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, campaign officials released their own report Thursday that clears her of any wrongdoing.

news.yahoo.com...
Yep. Palin is judge and jury and found herself innocent. Hell why can't we all do this? Why couldn't O.J. be his own judge and jury? I bet he would have found himself innocent. Why couldn't Ted Bundy find himself not guilty after playing judge and jury? This is bogus and I can't believe the Republicans thought this would work. Sorry forgot the link oops kinda new at this and stuff.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Trying to head off a potentially embarrassing state ethics report on GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, campaign officials released their own report Thursday that clears her of any wrongdoing.

link please...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Here is the linky poo:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Palin's critics say that shows she used her office to settle family affairs.

"When you're the governor, you leave your household hat at home and you become governor," said state Senate President Lyda Green, a Republican who has frequently clashed with Palin.

Palin pre-empts state report, clears self in probe

Emphasis mine. I think it prudent to add a little perspective here. These are not accusations of misconduct coming strictly from the liberal side of the fence. It is apparent that Palin is the subject of criticism from inside her own party.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
thank you for the link plucky.

i don't find anything wrong with the campaign releasing a public statement on this. how many has obama released on his many conflicts?

wright,
ayers,
acorn,
....i know i am forgetting a few..

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm interested in seeing what comes of this tomorrow. Although i will say this, the guy she originally wanted fired was a bad guy. A policeman who drank on the job and tasered his own son. What a hero!!

Anyway, lets see what comes out and take it from there.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A report implies more than an official press release. It is the findings of their personal investigation. Huge difference.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Except it wasn't a press release. It was Palin being Jugde and Jury declaring herself innocent after trying herself.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's not enough for them to investigate her. There already was an investigation going on. No matter how the non-GOP investigation turns out, I think it shouldn't be accepted. When reports of sex abuse in the Catholic Church started coming up, and the Church said "We'll do our own investigations," rational, realistic people said "No." That's because an investigation by an involved party just doesn't work. Like the 9/11 Commission. No matter what your beliefs on that, the evidence is staggering that the Commission ignored important witnesses, including FBI Agents who wanted to speak about their knowledge of impending attacks. It's not hard to only investigate the evidence that supports what you want to say.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Lol...yeah...because declaring herself guilty would make much more sense right?

Hello?? edit??

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Or don't lie and don't have a fake investigation. Duh.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
thank you for the link plucky.

i don't find anything wrong with the campaign releasing a public statement on this. how many has obama released on his many conflicts?

wright,
ayers,
acorn,
....i know i am forgetting a few..

So when we can't defend....we justify?

Thats why they get away with so much.

/.02

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by GamerGal

Lol...yeah...because declaring herself guilty would make much more sense right?

Hello?? McFly??

I love this logic as if it were just those options. She could always NOT have the fake investigation and just keep her mouth shut couldn't she? Would you seriously let someone walk out of court after declaring themself innocent?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Ah, the fine art of deflection.

This thread has nothing to do with Obama, and everything to do with the fact that Palin has already gone into damage control mode. It seems to me that she's expecting a scathing report that will further sully her already tarnished image.

Apparently, Palin comes with more baggage than the McCain campaign anticipated. This should serve as a reminder the importance of properly vetting your vice presidential contenders less they track mud through the campaign's door.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy Wabbit

But how are we supposed to make McSame/Pallid look good if we do not talk about Obama? He is all Fox news has talked about for two straight days now so they must be better.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fuzzy Wabbit
reply to post by Fathom

Ah, the fine art of deflection.

This thread has nothing to do with Obama, and everything to do with the fact that Palin has already gone into damage control mode. It seems to me that she's expecting a scathing report that will further sully her already tarnished image.

Apparently, Palin comes with more baggage than the McCain campaign anticipated. This should serve as a reminder the importance of properly vetting your vice presidential contenders less they track mud through the campaign's door.

and you also deflect. do you think obama was properly vetted?
now think about it before you answer...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

and you also deflect. do you think obama was properly vetted?
now think about it before you answer...

thread title Palin pre-empts state report, clears self in probe .

Start a thread about vetting Obama to talk about that.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

More deflection. And again how much would O.J. have spent to be his own judge and jury? How much would Dahmer have paid to be his own judge and jury? Wow, O.J. finds himself innocent just like Palin did!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
OK, let's put this in perspective. This is a report released by the McCain/Palin Campaign and in no way is an official report. Yesterday, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that the investigation can continue and a report on the Legislature initiated investigation is expected to be issued tomorrow.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- An investigation into Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's firing of her public safety commissioner can proceed, Alaska's Supreme Court ruled Thursday, clearing the way for a Friday report to the state Legislature on the issue.

Allies of Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, had sued to halt the Legislature-initiated investigation, saying the investigation is an attempt by Democrats to sabotage the GOP ticket.

The justices unanimously upheld an Anchorage judge's ruling last week that dismissed the Republican lawsuit and upheld subpoenas for top Palin associates.

Source.

This Campaign sponsored report is just a ploy to deflect any attention away from the official report.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Oct. 10) - Sworn to secrecy, Alaska lawmakers have begun reviewing a lengthy and politically sensitive investigative report focusing on whether Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her authority as governor.

news.aol.com...

So now the same people who started this are deciding whether or not to release their findings. I hope they do. It is total corruption. When he was her brother in law he could drink on the job, run over schoolkids with his car, shoot babies, anything. But the second he divorced her sister suddenly he was unfit to be a state trooper. If they had fired him before no big deal but they didn't until the divorce.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join