It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zeitgeist Movement, Stop the Revolution, Start a Coup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
@RiotComing

How do you handle the nature of labour?

Technically, there would be a decrease in the number of “lazy bums” because as part of the Venus Project, everyone would be educated in a “overall” view, which would imply that once you get a general education on everything there is to learn as part of the new society and world, you would choose something you yourself are interested in pursuing then proceeding to contributing to society with that specific field you go into. The society would revolve around EVERYONE working, though the load of work needed to be executed would be significantly less with the help of automated processes. This means that the remaining work, essentially, would even have the likes of lazy bums be able to do some sort of job for the society, though those who are not so lazy and pursue into a field deep enough to do R&D would help speed the process which the society grows and adapts new technologies for the overall well being of the human race. Everyone would have something to do, no matter how lazy. Not perfect and still needs to be fleshed out, but nevertheless plausible.

The “nice house, nice car” approach will not exist, that is just your materialistic view which has been grown into both you and all the rest of us. If one was born into the Venus Project society, there would be no “better” of anything, but rather, efficient and productive usage of all materials and resources for the betterment of mankind. The “nice” aspects, in general, would only apply to “what can we do for human society?”. There will be no such thing as the nice car, the nice house, etc. Instead, there is more emphasis on merely each individual’s personal taste, meaning more entitlement to ones opinion and further appreciation for the arts and the creativity behind them. If a piece of work is made, it will be available to all which includes new car designs, new building designs, art, etc. Every person would have their required needs, sure, but in exchange they (as I mentioned in the first paragraph) would have to contribute to society and ensure its development and maintenance. Food would have to be produced, materials used would have to use the least amount of Earth’s material resources but create the most out of the least amount aka finding new materials to create things out of or better methods to create materials, etc etc etc. This resource-based economy would be entirely dependant on utilizing resources available and only building an society that can utilize these resources the most efficient and long lasting method possible so that human beings can buy enough of a time frame to find other alternates to expand human kind.

As for the “utopian” comment here is their answer directly from their site:

Is The Venus Project a Utopian society?

A: The Venus Project is not a Utopian concept. We do not believe in the erroneous notion of a utopian society. There is no such thing. Societies are always in a state of transition. We propose an alternative direction, which addresses the causes of many of our
problems. There are no final frontiers for human and technological achievement - it will always undergo change. Even if we can design a society having all of the modifications to improve the lives of people and protect the environment we will still be at the beginning of the next phase.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yes, There will be a better condition of life and understanding in individuals if a project like the Venus project gets through, but The problem is how will people react and take action to go onto transitioning into this resource based society? How would this happen? Of course people must change their way of thinking and broaden their perspective but how will people become willing to do this when they already so used to this monetary system?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think the Coup just happened tonight. This is a great little read

www.amazon.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy Ramirez

What bothers me is that the Movement site is not being updated properly. I know they have a lot of work..( hope as they say, it comes out on 20 languages ).

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy Ramirez

I agree with pretty much everything said here. Many people are taking the revolution into a more tangible view, like taking up arms against the oppressors. If you're invincible, then go for it... what? No one here is immortal? Sucks to be you then, put the gun down and listen...

The revolution is one within yourself. The revolution is realizing that we are constantly changing just like nature intended. Established societies are nothing more than a roadblock for our progression as a species. Those of us here realize this and have been hard at work trying to correct ourselves in our thinking. The real challenge, however, is getting those who are not like us to understand. Many of them have been so corrupted that it is almost impossible for them to truly understand what it is we are talking about, simply cutting us off and abruptly ending the subject. Seriously, what is so good about drinking poison when we're offering you help?

The site isn't completed yet and I often wonder when it will. In the mean time, shouldn't we be working on some way for all of us to collaborate our efforts and help each other out? There are plenty of resources out there right now that we can make our own forums. Why should we wait for someone when the one thing he kept stressing is that we need to do things for ourselves? If I knew what I was doing with those forum dealies, I'd make one myself...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
what's wrong with organizing and recruiting? Is it illegal? And wouldn't it depend on WHAT we are organizing and recruiting?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The Zeitgeist movie really makes one think about reality, what is it really? We get so caught up with the rat race of everyday life that we don't see beyond the systems created by religions, financial institutions, the governments. However nobody has an answer to what is beyond these walls of development and beliefs. Who dares to break those walls risk everything material that he/she has achieved, is it worth finding out the 'Truth' as suggested by the Zeitgeist?

Maybe it is, I would think so (IMHO). And I plan to do so. Here is something similar to the Zeitgeist movie, but shorter - Youmankind au.youtube.com.... There is some truth in both the movie and clip. The situation the world is in couldn't be much worse, how to change all this is beyond what we know. We know only capitalism, wars, greed and self concern.

If these videos are telling the truth, then maybe everyone should watch them. From there maybe some light will shine through the dark and we as mankind, as creatures ranked highest in the hierarchy of animals, will be able to find our true purpose in this world and universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join