It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Through the looking glass (10-14-08 related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You know those weird cloud formations that we've been seeing on satellite images (eg. Google Earth) this month? Well it turns out NATO is hiding something from us. The following is a post from 10-14-08.blogspot.com user "lilrose" in response to today's "A satelite glitch...Are you sure?" article.

"Brad, thanks, for this I know someone who worked for NATO and defense department... they told me that The Department of Defense gets first dibs on what goes out on all satellite images and if there is anything there that they do not want us to see, they are blocked out 'for security reasons'. So no matter where the images are coming from... whatever it is they do not want us to see is blocked off. It has nothing to do with putting together 'snapshots' from previous days, or angles of the satellite images... these shapes were not there previously and they take photos daily and they have the technology to cover the whole globe. There is a coverup."

How far does this rabbit hole go?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So, they cover it up by cutting out a triangle or pentagon or whatever...without filling it in, so that any moron can see that somethings missing? Makes tons of sense.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

That is not true. It depends who owns the satellite. Government satellites that is true, but not public or privately owned satellites.

Supreme Court ruled on this years ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have to give this one a C- minus as it cant be substantiated. The OP got an email from a girl who knows a guy that worked for NATO who says there's a coverup. eh....just smells a bit fishy, sorry.

My suggestion going forward is to skip all these middle men and post a thread involving the person at the end of the chain. This will make for a more enriching discussion.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthernSoul
So, they cover it up by cutting out a triangle or pentagon or whatever...without filling it in, so that any moron can see that somethings missing? Makes tons of sense.

Not that I believe in what the OP is saying, but what about when government documents are released? They don't replace the sentences, they just black them out, don't they?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow_Lord
reply to post by genma

That is not true. It depends who owns the satellite. Government satellites that is true, but not public or privately owned satellites.

Supreme Court ruled on this years ago.

seems hard to believe..so we can go on public sites and track down top secret locations because their not allowed to block? yea..hard to swallow.. I tend to believe the first post~ just sayin

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Didn't Oz already make a thread about how they were anomalies caused by Google Earth, and showed that they did not appear on the original footage?

How is that explained then?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
it seems to me that the person being quoted by the OP is no better informed than the rest of, hands up who doesn't believe someone is doctoring information to hide the truth from us.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed.

GFL spaceship to appear Oct. 14th

Thread closed.

top topics

join