It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight the FCC - sign here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I hope this is allowed ;

Are you tired of being told what to watch and listen to :

here is a petetion to help fight the FCC :

www.stopfcc.com...

Go Sign it today !

MODs : sorry If I wasn't supposed to do this, meant no harm, just trying to fight for our rights.

thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
===

Edit to remove abusive crap.

This member has received some kind advice via U2U.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i agree with the cause though, just not the lack of backbone

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hey, nice find!

While we realize that the government has an obligation to protect our children, surely there needs to be a limit to what is regulated. Adults and parents are capable of making decisions about what to watch, read or listen to and are certainly capable of turning off or putting down anything that may offend them or their children.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eth0rupt
you f*****g p***y! if youre gonna fight for something, grow some f*****g b***S and do it with a little courage and conviction!

Dude, dont flame the guy it was a good post. Speaking of growing balls- who fights on the internet? seriously, grow up. I signed it.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You can also contact your www.senate.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">senator about the Broadcast Indecency act. I did.

Don't think that it won't be noticed.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eth0rupt
you f*****g p***y! if youre gonna fight for something, grow some f*****g b***S and do it with a little courage and conviction!

you know, I was going to reply to your post and give it right back to you, but I'm bigger than that and have more respect for this board and it's members.

If you want to sign the petition then do it, if not then just go away.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah, that totally pisses me off. The government is here to help us and protect us, not tell us what to do. grrr

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I get upset about all these new laws to protect ourselves too.
The only good thing I read was that Senator Hollings was going to retire.

The bad thing is we have an elected official trying to justify increased restrictions on what we can see and hear because other parents and technology don't seem to be working to block kids from viewing things on TV. Duh, if the parents really wanted to control every single thing that their kids saw on TV, then take away the TV or only allow certain channels to be seen. There are channel locks on satellite and parents don't have to allow tv's in kid's bedrooms. I say NO Thanks Senator Hollings, I'm a grown adult and I don't need you to be a parent to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
HI guys,

how about a show of hands of all of you, who have signed the petition and those of you who have not signed it and why ?

just curious !

thanks

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Very good topic, just signed.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'd sign, but I'm not American...
I totally agree though, people shouldn't be told what they can and cannot see. It's the governments dream isn't it? To be able to completly control the media, god help us if that ever happens.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Very nice post, this is a good thing.

Let me ask you a question, You trust giving out info, like address, name.... stuff like that? That is the only thing stopping me from signing it. And it not that I am scared of them, Just personal info that can be used against me.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I signed it. Ever since 9/11 the government has been in a state of paranoia with the PATRIOT act... which is an acronym for something... Protection Against Terrorisim... I don't know the rest but that law's bull#.
Oh yeah and eth0rupt needs to chill out, see a therapist or something dude.
Good post!

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i signed it too!! awesome find!!! im gonna email it to all of my friends and family.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
thanks for signing everyone, I hope it's not a lost cause

someone asked if I wasn't affriad of signing with my personal information ? Nah, not really. If someone is going to get me they'll do it one way or another I guess.

Please keep this message going, let's get this signed as much as possible.

thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
just an update from the fight the FCC site ;

There are currently 166,591 signatures.

keep it rolling people !!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There are currently 168,611 signatures.

Come on guys, make sure you get over there and sign this thing, don't let it die !

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hey elevatedone, great job on finding this... you're getting my last vote for this month... *sigh*

let's hope that this petition stops the monster that is out of control here. the FCC was a fascist organization before the more recent events, and this policeware business is just amazingly authoritarian. BLOODY FASCISTS!!!!

I wonder how many signatures will it take to put a stop to this terror machine of media?

PLEASE mods consider my request to allow for more than 3 votes a month. Please?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I signed it. I hate all these regulations, it's mostly those parents that don't want their kids being like them that are complaining. well atleast, that's how i figured it. I'm not really sure how much this petition is supposed to accomplish, but it's worth a try.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join