It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam and the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Okay before I start, I have to admit i'm neutral in regards to tolerating peoples beliefs and social attitudes, I believe the UK is a very tolerant place and has formed many interesting and diverse cultures across the land.

But unfortunately, it seems one of two things are taking place...

It seems in the last few years, it has become a hotspot for Islamic extremists in certain areas to preach their evils and disregard their own religion in the shape of an aggresive, merciless tactic that is the attempted bombings and suicide bombings across Britain.

Remember the airport attack in Glasgow, the 7/7 bombings and the attempted bombings on 21/7?

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now it seems that despite our kindness in letting many of these people come and study and live in our country, these fanatic idiots can't seem to recognise the difference between our government and our people.

If our Government has gone to war in the middle east and innocents have been killed in the process, surely that does NOT warrant attacks against our people, our innocents.

Some of the more hard faced Islamic preachers are criticising our country, accusing us of being devils for 'letting' our women wear skirts and giving them equal opportunities, and criticising everything that is 'anti-muslim' about our country....

But, doesn't the killing of innocents, go against everything that is mentioned in the Koran? Supposedly so...

So, in that case, why does Islam act as though it is bigger than our country? If i was to go to Pakistan with say my girlfriend, wouldn't she have to wear specified clothes and act accordingly to Pakistani rules?

Then, why come to our country and tell us what to do? If we are that bad, if we are the devil... then why not go back to the land of your ancestors? I say this, because only a fool would believe that most muslims have just arrived on a boat, obviously many, many muslims are UK citizens and live happy lives in the UK.

But, I speak to the common muslim also, ifyou love our country so much, then what exactly are you doing to prevent your good names being tarnished by the fundamental scum that believe the killing of innocents is right?

It sickens me to believe that your religion comes before your morals... Obviously many people don't accept the fundamentalism, but why aren't you doing anything to prevent it?

This is the problem i'm referring to... Our country is NOT a playground.... Make up your minds... Live here in peace and not allow the fanatics to tarnish your names and prevent them from becoming a problem, OR turn a blind eye and pretend you cannot see what is happening and deny to yourselves what it is exactly to be British.

You cannot have it both ways....

Our grand parents fought to prevent fanaticism from reaching our shores in whatever form, so respect that....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think the vast majority DO respect that.

There are extremists in every religion - the media would have us believe that the evil Muslims are the only ones.

I agree, if you come to this country you should integrate, I did.

I have no problem with Muslims. I do have a problem with criminals and if you perpetuate acts of violence towatds others then you are a criminal.

Criminals come from every religion and race.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Absolutely...

But since the IRA, which other group have either planted bombs or attempted to plant bombs in main land britain?

Angry chinese? Buddists? Hindu's? Fundamental christians?

No...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Lets be realistic here, and toss sensitivity out the window:

Muslims cause problems wherever they go en masse. Europe is suffering the effects of large scale immigration from Islamic nations as we speak. Unfortunately Europe is more concerned about being politically correct and not hurting anyones feelings than they are about their own future.

This is not an anti-muslim rant, it is fact.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yes, I know, that always come up when I make this argument damnit! *grins*

I just think that the media overplays the actual activity. The IRA has killed many more people in the decades that they were active then the "evil" Muslims have.

I wasn't in the UK then, but I can imagine it would have been even scarier as the bloke who looks just like you AND celebrates Christmas could have been the bomber.

I don't have the answer, hell I swing wildly from "kick em all out" to change their minds with flowers and hugs.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm not so sure it's a problem with Islam per se but rather how people articulate and express the religion of Islam. Islamic literature is no different than other religious literature, including the Bible. There's parts in both that have positive message and there's other parts where it's a case of 'woah! back-up! Is that right?'

Ultimately it's how those words are interpreted and acted upon within the context of Britain as a developed Western society in 2008. Unfortunately, fundamentalists of every domination have no understanding of context because they believe in literal interpretations of text or selective understandings of what's being said. It's at that point that things always fall apart.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Then, why come to our country and tell us what to do? If we are that bad, if we are the devil... then why not go back to the land of your ancestors?

Because, despite what 'moderate Muslims' say, Islam is a religion of conversion which believes that the entire world should follow Allah. Christianity and Judaism have grown out of their conversionist tendencies but Islam has not. And when the Muslim homelands are already converted, what's the next step? To spread out and establish Islam worldwide.

I'm not gonna go further than that cos I've been involved in so many 'Islam' threads on ATS.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I cant tell you how pleased i am to find someone finnaly not afraid of telling it how it is.

Respect to you sir, flag from me

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

You're right it IS insenstive.
Care to share what "problems" they are causing?

The majority of the immigrants into the UK are NOT muslim, they're Christians.

Contrary to what the Daily Mail might have you believe the majority of crime in the UK is perpetuated by the British.

I've also lived in Switzerland and guess what? The majority of the crimes ( What little of it there is ) were perpetuated by the Swiss.

When I walk down the street at night I feel at risk not from the evil Muslims, but from garden variety WHITE BRITISH YOB.

I don't deny that Islam has problems with its followers misinterperting and manipulating its tenets for POLITICAL reasons. EVERY religion has a fringe element.

Maybe the problem isn't Islam. Maybe the problem is Religion.

I suspect what you really wanted to say was: "Brown people cause problems wherever they go en masse"

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It's not like i have anything at all against muslims, but i'd respect them a little more if they reported the fanatics and prevented these idiots from blighting our country and their own religion.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

You're right it IS insenstive.
Care to share what "problems" they are causing?

The majority of the immigrants into the UK are NOT muslim, they're Christians.

Contrary to what the Daily Mail might have you believe the majority of crime in the UK is perpetuated by the British.

I've also lived in Switzerland and guess what? The majority of the crimes ( What little of it there is ) were perpetuated by the Swiss.

When I walk down the street at night I feel at risk not from the evil Muslims, but from garden variety WHITE BRITISH YOB.

I don't deny that Islam has problems with its followers misinterperting and manipulating its tenets for POLITICAL reasons. EVERY religion has a fringe element.

Maybe the problem isn't Islam. Maybe the problem is Religion.

I suspect what you really wanted to say was: "Brown people cause problems wherever they go en masse"

Nice try at turning into a race issue, but you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

There are countless examples of the harm done to modern, civilized nations when large amounts of muslims (regardless of race) move in.

Let me ask you this: What benefit other than "diversity" do muslims bring to Europe?
Should I post pics from the muslims rioting in France?

Whatched the video Fitna?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Look, I concede that there are problems with immigrants in any country the issue I have with your opinion is that you think the problem is with Muslims and not with ANY group of people which find themselves a minorty in a society that is VERY different from their own.

I fight that feeling because I just feel somehow it is wrong, Not saying that you are wrong but I personally struggle with feelings of prejudice against people whom are different to me.

I don't consider myself to be prejudicued but I AM human.

I don't really think diversity is a benefit. It causes too much damn confilct.

As for pics of French riots, how about pics of atrocities commited by Christians or Hindus or "insert religion here"?

It isn't JUST Muslims! Thats the only point I am trying to make.

The longer I live the more I don't like any religion. It's about time we evolved out of it.

As for the jab which insinuated you were racist, I'm sorry. I'm Feeling a bit emotional today. *smiles*

top topics

join