It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mum's unhappy. The house is so big and she doesn't like cleaning'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I hear what you're saying! when I was a student a nigerian in my class kept questioning me on why the government 'pays us'. I asked him to clarify - apparently everyone in Africa thinks the UK government pays its citizens a wage for doing nothing i.e. benefits.
I tried to clear it up for him but he couldn't get his mind passed the 'money for nothing' concept. It's no wonder people exploit the UK when its seen as the land of milk and honey for so many.

Meanwhile our roads and infrastructure are falling apart around us due to lack of funding.

Edit - n-word has been automatically edited and referred to a country in Africa, which was by no means a racist remark

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Including the rent, Toorpakai and her family receive £170,000 a year in assorted benefits.

This is the reason that I have to fork over thousands of pounds a year in tax, while working 60 hour weeks?

Thanks New Labour, and thank you to all those morons who voted them in and continue to support them.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Just a quick point, but isn't 12 grand a month in rent actually therefore 144 grand a year in rent, not 149 as someone else said? Which leaves quite a bit more than 21k for everything else.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That is absolutely sickening. It's a testament to most of the things that are so wrong with this country. I have always classed myself a patriot to this LAND as I belong to it and it alone, and not the system or regime that abuses it. However there is a bit more to this story than just them coming over, getting a massive hand-out for nothing and sitting pretty. For a start there is the ridiculous amount of rent that is being paid:

They did not have one big enough on their books and so turned to a private landlord, Mr Panesar. He fixed a price for his Acton property under the Local Housing Allowance rule — which the council checked with the Rent Service, an executive agency of the Department for Work and Pensions. They then advised the council what they should pay. It turned out to be £12,458 a month — partly because under boundary changes implemented in April, Acton is lumped in with mega-rich Westminster.

So there you have it - some despicable, greedy little pointless man has exploited a loophole in the falling apart housing benefit system and is reaping the rewards. The property is no where near worth that much - hence the enormous amount of money apparently afforded to the residents. But true to Sun sensationalism fashion they jump at the chance to get this out as the key point to this story and get everyone's backs up.

Something else to consider - what if one of the kids that is getting this lifestyle turns out to be a brilliant doctor and directly / indirectly saves a life close to your own - or maybe even your own? Highly improbable I know, but probability is a strange and mysterious force. Colour, religion whatever - these are people too, would there have been such a story if a citizen was given this?

Two things are certain when you're dealing with your typical off-the-shelf human and that is arrogance and greed.

EDIT - fixed quote from code... moron

[edit on 10/10/2008 by Terric]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Remember this may be one example, but there is probably another side where hundreds can't get a home, and struggling with a job, and having a VERY hard time.

When my father came to this country from Morocco around 24 years ago, he looked for a job everywhere, he got jobs anywhere he could, he worked very hard, it was hard for him, but he never gave up hope, he was even homeless for some time, living in the streets, that's how hard it was coming to this country for him. (even thou back in Morocco he had a nice big home, big family, beautiful weather, friends, comfortable life there, he worked hard to get here) So there are two sides to this kind of story.

Now he's succesfully become comfortable and had a family, I would call that a success.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
it would be easier to load them back on a plane and fly them back.....

Why go to the bother of hiring an aircraft? if the back of a lorry if good enough to come to this country on then why isn't it good enough to send them back on?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
i have a wonderful letter from the `borders agency` about why they wont repatriate `kosovon asylum seekers` now they have a brand new country to go back to that need the skilled workforce returning to them.....

A lot of the Immigrants that came to this country when the Yugoslav war started reputedly weren't even from Yugoslavia in the first place a lot of them were reputedly from countries like Romania and Albania but they destroyed their paperwork before entering this country and our so called border police couldn't prove who they really were so let a large number of them stay

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with legitimate refugees seeking solice in the UK - that's fair enough, but when our gov't can't sensibly allocate resources (or fairly allocate!) that's a different matter altogether. Especially when the recipients complain about it!
Although this article is from the Sun - hardly a reputable journal, the main points are still apparent!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Its not just the people coming here doing it though, its our own useless lazy scroungers too. I guess labour just looks at these people as potential votes rather than leeches on everyone else dailymail< br />
[edit on 14-10-2008 by onetruesaxon]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join