It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mum's unhappy. The house is so big and she doesn't like cleaning'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Mum's unhappy. The house is so big and she doesn't like cleaning'

www.thesun.co.uk

AN Afghan mother does not like the £1.2million house she and her family are living in for free — because it is too big to clean.

The Sun told yesterday how Toorpakai Saindi and her seven children were moved in by the local council — which is paying the £12,000-a-month rent.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
An Afghanistani immigrant family is claiming £170,000 ($340,000) a year in state benefits in the UK. They were given a £1.2 million ($2.4 Million) house to live in with the council paying £12,000+ a month in rent! They are all receiving free education and the mother doesn't work! Ignoring the trivial 'Sun' headline about the family complaining that the house is too big to clean, WTF is going on!???

When I was made redundant after working and paying taxes for 6 years I was given £60 ($120) a fortnight to live off. I then went to Uni which I had to fund myself by working at nights while the foreign students were given 'social inclusion' grants to buy widescreen tv's and paid return flights to Africa while I was barely struggling to afford food!

Seriously, where is the justice in this!?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to put them in a hotel?

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
it would be easier to load them back on a plane and fly them back.....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In my opinion they have to dump her into a tent and let her find a job. These people make me feel sick

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
it would be easier to load them back on a plane and fly them back.....

It would be a lot cheaper too! I can't understand the logic of the UK government sometimes. We get taxed left right and centre and they go throwing money away like that?!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway
In my opinion they have to dump her into a tent and let her find a job. These people make me feel sick

There is no incentive for her to go find a job just now, £170K a year? I know i'd be quite happy sitting at home. She's got the cheek to complain its too big to clean? She's not working! She'd got plenty time to clean it.

I've got an old canvas tent i'll rent to the council for £50 a week....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
i have a wonderful letter from the `borders agency` about why they wont repatriate `kosovon asylum seekers` now they have a brand new country to go back to that need the skilled workforce returning to them.....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The people in this article that make me sick are -the sun,cos that's standard. Sensationalising the story to make it look like this woman is getting 170g a year for herself (149 grand goes to the landlord of the property,which leaves this woman with 21 grand to feed,cloth her 7 kids for a year.

the landlord of the property who is charging double the going rate for rent.

The council,for not realising what utter muppets they are. And also for not realising that some of her kids are in their 20s,and they could quite easily get smaller flats. Erradicating the need for the council to pay rent on a large house like that.

and edit to add-knee jerk reactions like the above.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm disgusted at this, lost for words even. I know it's the Sun, but the story still highlights a blatant problem in this country.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
i have a wonderful letter from the `borders agency` about why they wont repatriate `kosovon asylum seekers` now they have a brand new country to go back to that need the skilled workforce returning to them.....

Do you have a link for that?

Don't think this would fly for Afghan's at the moment though - not got much to go back to.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
The people in this article that make me sick are -the sun,cos that's standard. Sensationalising the story to make it look like this woman is getting 170g a year for herself (149 grand goes to the landlord of the property,which leaves this woman with 21 grand to feed,cloth her 7 kids for a year.

21,000 is a lot of money, even for 7 kids when you don't have rent or tax to pay. And I can bet she'll ahve clothing / high street vouchers and food tokens.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
can't believe it , after all the article is from a tabliod the sun , which has credibility comparable to fox news

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I agree the sun makes it worse than it is, but I hate there are so many people getting money from our governments and still complain, or abuse the loyalty of countries they live in

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

she won`t be getting benefit for the children over 16 and not in education - we know of at least 1 , and by the numbers i would say at least 1 more is over 16 (likely 18) so whilst they are being housed they are not all recieving benefit(s)

the reason the house rent is so much (apparntly) is because it is in the borough of westminster - which , having been there , does seem rather affluent.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

21,000 is a lot of money, even for 7 kids when you don't have rent or tax to pay. And I can bet she'll ahve clothing / high street vouchers and food tokens.
21 grand ain' that much for feeding 7 kids on. Ok,no rent or council tax,but kids grow fast,and eat alot.

i earn close the 30 (with bonuses before tax),and I wouldn't have enough to feed 7 kids on!! I barely have enough for myself.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway

I agree the sun makes it worse than it is, but I hate there are so many people getting money from our governments and still complain, or abuse the loyalty of countries they live in

this I'll happily agree on. people should count their blessings.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

£21,000 isn`t actually that much - that is ALL she gets , nothing extra no clothe or food tokens , thats around £400 a week ($800 usd or so)

BUT then again all she has to spend it on is water bill(s) electricity, gas (all likely on prepayment meter) and with a large house she`ll be burning all of those...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
c'mon this whole story makes me feel sick!!

Maybe the Sun can bring some positive news about hrad working people who don't complain and are happy with what they have instead of what they have not!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I have to agree with you 100%, these people arrive here and allowed to stay because we feel sorry for them, they seem to forget that if they stayed where they came from, the chances are by now all they would have is a tent in a camp somewhere.

There is just no pleasing some people, and for them to be assessed to be entitled to those huge amounts of money IMO is an injustice to the citizens of this country.

Here i am fighting to find a home which can be converted with enough room to have a separate bedroom so i don't have to spend the last days i have in Hospital, a wish to die at home is all i want, but can't get nothing, because im being unrealistic.

I've never asked for special treatment, I don't want to jump to the top of lists, there are many others in the same situation, but when people like this start complaining, it really pisses me off i swear.

We see it every day in this country, I was in the Doctors waiting room not so long ago, when a guy from somewhere in the middle east came in, because he was told he had to have an appointment, he started screaming accusing people of being racists etc.

They hear stories about how Britain will give them anything, and they come running, I admit it is getting better, and they do seem to be clamping down on the fraud that had become common.

This country needs a big rethink on its immigration policy, and the stupid pathetic unbelievable handouts need to stop, they need to get in the bleedin line like everyone else.

If it sounds out of order forgive me, the feeling i get, TPB seem to think, if they dont bend over backwards for them, they are going to blow them up or something, tell me who is really being unrealistic?

EDIT Never mind, it makes me feel and look like im looking for sympathy which i assure you i dont need, life is pretty good and as long as i can smile all is good.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yeah the Sun is hardly a credible source but i think the main point is the council's blatant misuse of resources. They should be looking for the best available option rather than throwing money away on such an expensive house.

Why not locate them to some of the many abandoned houses in Manchester where property values are so low many entire streets lie empty?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join