It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 7, did I miss it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Web Bot Project said that something would begin on the 7th and continue through the spring. Did I miss it?

The economy is no worse than yesterday.

The debate was a waste of my time.

Perhaps it was something subtle, something that needs time to become obvious. Russia bailing out Iceland could be the tip of a sinister iceberg. But that's all I got.

I was praying for an anti-climatic day. Perhaps my prayer was answered. I hope so. If not, feel free to shout.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have two hours left to go of Oct. 7th (fingers crossed)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mean Red Spider
The Web Bot Project said that something would begin on the 7th and continue through the spring. Did I miss it?

The economy is no worse than yesterday.

The debate was a waste of my time.

Perhaps it was something subtle, something that needs time to become obvious. Russia bailing out Iceland could be the tip of a sinister iceberg. But that's all I got.

I was praying for an anti-climatic day. Perhaps my prayer was answered. I hope so. If not, feel free to shout.

Economy no worse than it was yesterday? DOW closing down yet another 5%, accounting for losses in the hundreds if not thousands of billions. OH and then this...

www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

We have 'pegged' several circumstances which were ongoing at the time of the shift. These are not necessarily proximate causes, but they do provide the flavor of the moment, and may be guides for the continuing release language that will wash over all of us these next few month.

Russia Buys Iceland 1) the major banks in Iceland had failed. The Icelandic government had rather foolishly, but out of necessity, guarantee *ALL* bank deposits. This had developed prior to this morning. What occurred this morning was the announcement that the banks in question had deposits that ran several times the Icelandic GDP. 1.a) Subsequently, *after* being informed that the EU will not/cannot help them, the Icelandic gov't has turned to Russia for assistance. Russia has agreed to provide the Icelandic gov't with necessary funds of sufficient amount to help them out 'for a few days'. The language around the Icelandic currency failure went from 'worry' into expressions of 'dire' and 'calamitous' very rapidly early this morning.

EU Splinters 2) a meeting in France this morning of the EU official 'finance ministers' was a dud. It was such a dud as to produce a sudden, precipitous change in language around the whole of the EU as a context within our modelspace. This single meeting may be the actual pivotal point for the EU as an organization of nation states. Basically what happened is that the EU politicians in the meeting agreed to take actions which are /were meaningless, such as a 'deposit guarantee' that is now raised, but still is far less than any of the member countries individual deposit guarantees. Thus effectively taking no action at all. Further it is rumored that the attendees of the meeting expressed agreement with the idea of *not* coordinating rate cuts with the Federal Reserve Bank of the USofA. This likely will be seen in the future as *the* moment that the EU began to only crumble back into Europe. (rather than the spectactular Irish vote to kick the EU elite in the crotch). BBC reportedly saying that the "EU is in the #ter...can someone please flush". Other reports have the attendees of the meeting actually running with their aides in tow to avoid having to face any press.

RBS Clearinghouse 'failing' 3) The Royal Bank of Scotland reportedly, this morning, begun seeking a 'recapitalization' so that they may continue their clearinghouse functions. The story coming out via rumors is that RBS is/has run into liquidity issues regarding their ability to handle transactions from other banks. This is also, according to rumor, affecting the currency trades globally. There is now some small substantiation that several of the governmental agencies approached have 'kicked the problem upstairs' as being beyond their ability to accept. The language within the articles and rumors of the RBS capitalization issues is decidedly in the release category.

........ It continues on for several other points as well, to sum it up for those who wish not to read, not only is the American economy teetering on collapse but so is alot of other countries.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mean Red Spider

Just wait till the 14th....will be like today, a whole lot of NOTHING will happen then too.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
not other october 7 thread

jeeez

link   

Originally posted by Gateway
reply to post by Mean Red Spider

Just wait till the 14th....will be like today, a whole lot of NOTHING will happen then too.

Beautiful bubble you live in, do you mind if I ask how much ignorance it cost?

link   
I still have 4 hours left of the 7th. But no, you didn't miss anything major.

Please keep in mind though that the web bot at urbansurvival.com:

1. Can be wrong
2. Can also be off by a couple days
3. Said that this would be start of a release- that was the key word, if memory serves me. They interpreted it origianlly to be a release of the pent up tension, but early today said it could have been the release of more money into the economy which will lead to further collapse of the economy and devaluing the dollar.

Spelling correction edit.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

That animal in your avatar looks like Yoda. Is that a real animal?

It looks too human to be an actual animal.

King brought up some good points qabout why today MAY have been significant. I suspect that something to precipitate a global catastrophe of some kind would be triggered without much fanfare. We'd probably only witness the after effects, especially with this crap media and all the secrecy behind events of the world.

It doesn't have to be a giant terror attack. It can be a silent deal in a tiny room between two corrupt world leaders.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think you missed "the" devastating global event. This is bigger than 9-11 and it was stopped, by accident! Here's the link, posted today.

www.tbrnews.org...

The thread pg. 6, has excerpts and links. After extensive research, this is the most frightening thing I've come accross on the web. I recommend going over the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is also a new syrian thread breaking that is a new, possibly additional reaction. Syria is mustering more troops at the border. I tried to access/reply to the thread, but it wasn't accessable.

Here is a link to the article that another member of ats posted. They deserve the credit. I think it's a matter of a double posting or something.

www.debka.com...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
yes you missed somthig big. You didn't see our new currency???

lol.

jk... I have heard bush was supposed to call marital law today... hmmm well I only saw bush talking in a warehouse to small business owners about the bail out plan today.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What? You didn't notice? The world totally ended. Just poof...
And it's going to do it again on the 14th, when the aliens come to take us away.

Once you've been around here long enough, you start to disregard everything. If it happens, it happens. Sitting around on the computer and fretting aren't going to help any.

I'm making an official prediction that no super awesome event is going to happen. Now a prediction will finally come true

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Wow...so the economy going down the toilet since 2007, has escaped you. And you only noticed what happened the 7th.

Talk about living in bubbles, guy?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
pffft......

-asteroid penetrates earth's atmosphere
-iceland's bank freeze causing "dire" circumstances said by their newspapers (most likely the emotional release imo)
-dow and nasdaq dip large, s&p lowest since 1935
- germany tries to amend laws to mobilize troops within country
- uk announces recession with overnight plans to be announced before their market opens
-pakistan claims potentiality to be bankrupt (they could sell nukes to Iran to get out of their economic problems
-asian markets are currently dumping big

yeah you're right...typical day around the globe

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The only true predictions ever made about October were by the web-bot guys - there would be a shift in global emotions around the economic crisis. Everything else was speculation.

One major point was the U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke admitted this turmoil would continue through next year. This admission solidified the situation for a lot of people waiting for 'wrod from the top' so to speak.

U.S. Fed chief says effects of crisis will be felt well into 2009

edition.cnn.com...

The emotional turning point was felt around the world. Even here in Australia, my workmates actually started speaking about it openly yesterday - one guy noticed a run on the banks and had to wait in line for an hour just to withdraw money. I spoke with my parents in the US, and they said they had decided to start stockpiling and making 'emergency plans.' All this happened on the day the data pointed to.

Likewise, Timewave Zero graphed this very day back in the early 90's for a sharp turn in emotion. What is the likelyhood that a graph would pick this day, let alone this week for big change? The program itself is based on the I-Ching which was derived in Ancient China.

These predictive techniques are definitely worth looking into. They do not exist to provide specifics, they provide a framework over which reality gradually takes shape.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
-pakistan claims potentiality to be bankrupt (they could sell nukes to Iran to get out of their economic problems
How come Iran aren't bankrupt?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Guess what...the market was not good on the 6th the 5th the 4th either, in fact things have not been good since August 2007. Tomorrow the 8th, guess what...the market in all likelihood will also be down. I'm not Deagal...and it doesn't take a genius or a crystal ball to know that the economy was on its way down since 2007.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I told you...

We're going to have a plague, and it starts today.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The seventh is not over just yet, at least in several time zones. I check the world Indices and they are way down. Could be start of real tumble, we shall see.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
just another have.

it's interesting to note the web-botters seemed to have seized on various typical and/or predictable, news reports of the day and made a big deal of it.

nothing "extra" ordinary happened today. nothing that gets the whole worlds attention like 9-11 or even hurricane katrina did. the stock market and world economy issues are non events to most. you only need to check your own local 'general' message boards to see the proof of this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join