It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN raided in Nevada vote fraud probe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Source

www.upi.com...

Nevada authorities said Tuesday they raided the Las Vegas offices of the controversial voter-registration activist group, ACORN.

The Secretary of State's Office confirmed to the Las Vegas Review-Journal that a search warrant was served at the ACORN office as part of a probe into suspected voter registration fraud.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, has been under withering attack from the Republican Party for allegedly signing up unqualified voters in order to boost Democratic presidential candidate Barrack Obama.

Stop the fraud!!!!

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Doh - I was just going to post it.

In addition to using the Dallas Cowboy's names I guess some where other false names, false addresses, etc.

I guess it isn't the first time this has happened.

In 2006, ACORN committed what Washington Secretary of State Sam Reed called the "worse case of election fraud" in the state's history.

In the case, ACORN submitted just over 1,800 new voter registration forms, and all but six of the 1,800 names were fake.

From.. Fox source

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Frogs]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
**edit to remove traces of my ignorance**

[edit on 7-10-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
[edit on 7-10-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
All but 6 were fake? That's amazing. You'd have to really put forth some effort to fake so many names and be exceptionally stupid not to think anyone wouldn't notice.

The worst part is I'm sure as they were doing it they believed the end would justify the means. It's completely fine to cast 1,794 fake votes as long as it's for the candidate we've decided you need.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'd be nice to have more perspective on this. What percentage of the vote does this swing? Is this all the impact it had? The issue I have with Fox News is the whole "making a mountain out of a molehill", it's hard to tell what is and is not significant as a viewer. I know they made a huge rant about the debate moderator who seemed 'moderate' from my viewer standpoint.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure that voter fraud is making a mountain out of a molehill. This is a serious offense as far as I'm concerned. This was explicit in nature and a slap in the face to every serious voter in this country.

The practices of ACORN are well documented, so this doesn't come as a big shock for me. The sheer audacity of the act coupled with the fact they thought they could get away with it is astounding though.

P.S.

Intrepid, you're right. My apologies.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I would love to see anyone somehow link this to Obama. I'm sure I'll hear Rush Limbaugh try... so I guess I'll just wait for that.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I'm not sure that voter fraud is making a mountain out of a molehill. This is a serious offense as far as I'm concerned.

I agree it is a serious offense. What I meant by my comment was what's the perspective? 1,800 out of ? = ?. Perhaps if we lived in a democracy (instead of a Democratic Republic) it'd be more appalling, but the people do not elect the president in this country. Did it just affect Nevada?

This was explicit in nature and a slap in the face to every serious voter in this country.

I do think the system needs a revamp, though am not angry as being angry doesn't provide any benefit.

The practices of ACORN are well documented, so this doesn't come as a big shock for me. The sheer audacity of the act coupled with the fact they thought they could get away with it is astounding though.

I'm not surprised, politics brings people to new lows more often than not.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I would love to see anyone somehow link this to Obama.

The ACORN-Obama link has already been proposed weeks ago. Now people are trying to validate it. The trouble I have with it is it sounds very "six degrees to Kevin Bacon" kind of game. I believe Obama was forced to denounce his pastor and leave membership of his church because of political pressure. To me, that shows me what he loves.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Hardly. Also, ACORN is a pretty large organization. This is the Nevada chapter as far as I am aware. Are you saying Obama knows them all?

*Edit:

Saw your 6 degrees to Kevin Bacon addition. I agree.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Question:

What exactly were they going to do with these registered voters? Do you think they were actually going to try to cast votes with all of those names?

Just wondering what their purpose of registering fake names was.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I would love to see anyone somehow link this to Obama. I'm sure I'll hear Rush Limbaugh try... so I guess I'll just wait for that.

I don't think anyone will try to directly link him to this incident. Obama's link to ACORN lies in his funneling of money to this organization. That's link enough for me.

Obama - ACORN

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hardly. Also, ACORN is a pretty large organization. This is the Nevada chapter as far as I am aware. Are you saying Obama knows them all?

I know very little about ACORN and the connections. It's a new outcropping in the media and timely so. I also don't know what Obama knows. I know what he says...and in politics what people say isn't worth its weight in salt.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The Major applauds the OP for their riveting dissection of the topic at hand. Had the Major been blessed with the same disregard for protocol and format there is little doubt recent efforts would be the center of attention and the Major would be fielding replies from all comers. Alas, brevity has won the day and this thread shall reign supreme, a glowing tribute to the very deception to the topic it details.

ACORN shall continue perpetrating voter registration fraud as long as there is more reward than risk.

Dismissed.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Are these people from ACORN volunteers or do they get paid commission?

There has to be a better way to verify the people who register. And sometimes fraud may seem minute at the moment but could lead to a bigger scandal. It should be investigated as well as the organization as a whole.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Question:

What exactly were they going to do with these registered voters? Do you think they were actually going to try to cast votes with all of those names?

Just wondering what their purpose of registering fake names was.

Anyone?

I was thinking the same thing as the last poster that possibly they were just trying to inflate the registration statistics - for whatever reason, money or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I'd be nice to have more perspective on this. What percentage of the vote does this swing? Is this all the impact it had? The issue I have with Fox News is the whole "making a mountain out of a molehill", it's hard to tell what is and is not significant as a viewer. I know they made a huge rant about the debate moderator who seemed 'moderate' from my viewer standpoint.

Of course - if the moderator is on the same side you are on (instead of being neutral, of course).

OMG! How many would it take to become a "problem" for you? What if it was a conservative group that was behind this fraud, would just one fake name cause you to complain?

Level playing field. Deny hypocrisy.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but this pretty much sums it up. The first bailout bill (thankfully defeated) would have given 20% of the profits of government real estate sales to these guys above and beyond the millions of taxpayer money they get to rig our elections already.

ACORN gets $500 million/yr from taxpayers

theunionnews.blogspot.com...

MR. GINGRICH: Well, the last time we were promised they were going to save us, it was $300 billion; it was a housing bill. And what liberal Democrats in Congress did, for example, was add $500 million a year for a left-wing activist group called Acorn. Now, I can’t imagine why we’d want the taxpayer to give $500 million a year to a left-wing activist group, but it’s in the bill which the Bush administration signed and that was only back in July and that was going to solve everything. That was $300 billion ago.

Now we have a brand-new, liberal Democrats, many of whom, for example, Chris Dodd, was the largest single recipient of money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and he is the chairman of the Banking Committee. So the guy who got the most money is now going to write a bill to give taxpayers money to the people who gave him money. Somehow, I am not reassured.

hotair.com...
www.examiner.com...

A federal grand jury in Kansas City indicted four persons working for the group Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, accusing them of submitting more than 15,000 voter registration forms with fictitious names, phony signatures and bogus addresses. (So many examples in the link)

ACORN is a liberal advocacy group that claims to speak for the poor and minorities — running these voter registration drives no doubt to prime the pump for an Election Day voter turnout operation that includes multiple voting by the same people at different precincts in a state with a tightly contested Senate race.

But ACORN also runs big-money community development corporations. The federal government supported ACORN housing programs to the tune of $2.6 million in 2003-04. That led Republicans to support efforts to prohibit Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac from subsidizing ACORN’s voter registration drives.

Democrats resisted Republican efforts to restrict ACORN Housing Corporation funding, arguing that community development could rightly include registering new voters at their new addresses. But Republicans prevailed in adding voter registration restrictions to the Federal Housing Finance Reform Act.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Are you saying Obama knows them all?

Obama was a lawyer for ACORN
National Review Article

He doesn't know them all. But he agrees with the Chicago bunch.
ACORN is part of Obama's 'community organizer' days that he claims
makes him qualified to be POTUS.

The raid in Nevada is a good start.
I hope they HUSSTLE to Ohio and dig deep there.
ACORN is trying to steal Ohio for the dems.
Then go to Chicago and investigate them there.

It'll be too late to stop Obama from winning - but it should be a great scandle to plague the crap out of him while he's POTUS for the next four miserable years.

edited immediately for spelling

[edit on 10/7/2008 by FlyersFan]

<<   2  3 >>

join