It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Time Gate Found In Antarctica

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I thought with time theory Both in Universe in a Nut shell and Esteins that If you went faster than Light Time would reverse, The Thing about the planes Going from east the west , never goes back in time only slows it the Old twins Paradox, So the clocks have a common starting point and time slows for one and is kept normal for others, but never moves back, ( but I thought they said if you went faster than light you may go backwards.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don't buy into either, I don't think time travel can exist without consequences to either present or past. And this so call maybe gate sound a lot like the stargate series.

I believe something is in artartica but is not gate.

But there lies the question... if it was possible to travel back in time, how would we ever know in the present without someone telling us it happened? Would it create yet another parallel universe or a disruption in the time-space continum?
It would explain why the military is down there and why supposedly the NSA is now involved.
Would you really want this kind of power in everybody's hands??

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by antipigopolist

Also, the Eltanin antenna is a sponge...not a real antenna.

Is it a sponge? It depends on who you ask. Check out this link.. disc.server.com...
One of the same men who now says it is a sponge, confired with scientists aboard the ship that discovered it and said otherwise.
There are too many coverups. Honestly is a lot better than all of the lies.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree with the posters who comment that it sounds too fantastic to be real. But we cannot fall into the trap of using that as a "reason" why it couldn't possibly be true. We have no solid proof that a timegate cannot exist. Unless we have solid proof that something absolutely cannot possibly exist, we cannot completely discount the possibility that it could exist. And modern physics keeps the door to the possibility of time travel a bit ajar.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Actually, wait. After reading, "Universe in a Nutshell," there was a little tid-bit about two planes, with clocks set to identical times, being flown in opposite directions around the world, and one clock coming up just behind the other. So, I really don't know if time travel would affect a clock. Now it's confusing...

He meant that one of the clocks worked faster than the other, neither really went "back in time". They never went backward. But if space time was bent far enough it's theorized that time would bend so far that it would go backwards.

The story is grade A bullflop

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ok now, if, and I say if and only if we were actually able to bend the time-space, or if we found a wormhole accessible enough to even think of doing that (hawkins docet) absolutely nothing would ever happen to the clock. A clock, even if digital, even if it's just a counter of some sort, will NOT, I repeat NOT measure time. The only thing the clock does is move around the hands, or show up some numbers and a date, so that we humans remain faithful to our very own perception o what time is. Time passes itself in very different ways in the universe, ie: the closer you are to a gravity field, the more time passes slowly for you. That said, I hope it is now more clear for us all to understand that clocks are, put rather simply, mechanic instruments that humans need to keep track of the way they, or better said, we, perceive time. So, a weather balloon with a timer/clock passing through a wormhole and going back in time would NOT show the date it went back to, but would keep going as normal, measuring human perception of time with numbers no matter at what speed it's going. Also please note that according to Einstein's Relativity Theorie (hope that it's called like that in English as well) in order to actually 'deform' space (not really sure about the time-space as its whole but I am about the space) you would have to be going faster than lightspeed, in a perfectly straight line and, most importantly, you would have to be in absence of gravity. Also, just to make it clear, the space that would be deformed would not be the space as a whole, but just the space AROUND the object that's travelling, so say, if a train was travelling in space FASTER than lightspeed and in absolute absence of gravity, it would derail, because the space AROUND it (and not in front of it or on the rear of it) would be somwhat distorted. Now Stephen Hawkins says that wormholes are actually all around us, but they're as big as atoms so nothing, or nearly nothing passes through them. Of course I am just a 17 year old with some vivid imagination and extremely poor confidence with physics, but that's pretty much my theorie about why something like that wouldn't happen. Also, please note that I may be extremely wrong and that it possibly could be the way most of you said it is, but that's where my logic took me to.

d1k

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
Ok now, if, and I say if and only if we were actually able to bend the time-space, or if we found a wormhole accessible enough to even think of doing that (hawkins docet) absolutely nothing would ever happen to the clock. A clock, even if digital, even if it's just a counter of some sort, will NOT, I repeat NOT measure time. The only thing the clock does is move around the hands, or show up some numbers and a date, so that we humans remain faithful to our very own perception o what time is. Time passes itself in very different ways in the universe, ie: the closer you are to a gravity field, the more time passes slowly for you. That said, I hope it is now more clear for us all to understand that clocks are, put rather simply, mechanic instruments that humans need to keep track of the way they, or better said, we, perceive time. So, a weather balloon with a timer/clock passing through a wormhole and going back in time would NOT show the date it went back to, but would keep going as normal, measuring human perception of time with numbers no matter at what speed it's going. Also please note that according to Einstein's Relativity Theorie (hope that it's called like that in English as well) in order to actually 'deform' space (not really sure about the time-space as its whole but I am about the space) you would have to be going faster than lightspeed, in a perfectly straight line and, most importantly, you would have to be in absence of gravity. Also, just to make it clear, the space that would be deformed would not be the space as a whole, but just the space AROUND the object that's travelling, so say, if a train was travelling in space FASTER than lightspeed and in absolute absence of gravity, it would derail, because the space AROUND it (and not in front of it or on the rear of it) would be somwhat distorted. Now Stephen Hawkins says that wormholes are actually all around us, but they're as big as atoms so nothing, or nearly nothing passes through them. Of course I am just a 17 year old with some vivid imagination and extremely poor confidence with physics, but that's pretty much my theorie about why something like that wouldn't happen. Also, please note that I may be extremely wrong and that it possibly could be the way most of you said it is, but that's where my logic took me to.

Actually, there was a factual experiment that when one person stands at the base of a mountain and the other walks up and down it when he gets back to the base the clocks are off. I forget why, it has to do with space time mobo jumbo but its proven that time is altered here on earth and clocks ARE affected. The workings of clocks depend on constant rythims inside them. I forget where I read that but there are a few other known experiments where time is slowed down and clocks are affected. Sorry I dont have a link.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
That's extremely interesting, even though I really cannot see why since clocks are just mechanic....it may be that the difference of gravity (hence the mountain) may 'alter' the clockworks but that must be ever so slightly here on earth. And if these were digital clocks I really can't see why that should happen. I'm extremely interested in this, could you please be more specific??? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There 2 ways thats I read why it would happen, The twin paradox, (where one twin travels at the speed of light or any speed for that matter the faster one goes the slower time actually is. So no ones goes back but its a starting point and ones time is faster that the other. This has been PROVEN.

A plane flying with the earths rotation goes faster than a Plane against it. So With an Atmoic Clock ( because that how small the difference in time is along with they are the most acruate) One plane flew West, One plane Flew East. The Faster Plane (cant remeber which way the earth goes) Show that timed slowed on the one clock. Your preseption of time and mechanics have nothing to do with each other. Thats should get ya thinking. Funny thing is .. its proven and a fact. Crazy stuff.

The other way is the more mass there is the more gravity bends space time. This is why a black hole is so werid, because there is SO much mass in a small area, it puts a hole in Space time

[edit on 15-6-2004 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The obvious questions are often over looked.

Instead of asking, "Why did the clock behaved that way?"

Perhaps we should be asking "Why does a weather balloon used to measure this atmospheric anomaly have a chronagraph capable of measuring years?"

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess we should be asking ourselves that questions but I really find it absurd that the clocks actually are affected....will search info about it as soon as I'm sure no comets will wipe humanity off earth's face.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Re: If a weather balloon did have a chronograph capable of tracking the years.

Just think about this:

Assume chronographs were effected by time. (When time went backwards, the chronograph went backwards. When time went forward the chronograph went forward.)

1. The Balloon goes into the Vortex and travels back X years.
2. The chronograph would click back X years.

3. The balloon leaves the Vortex and travels back to the "present" thus moving forward in time.
4. The chronograph would click forward X years.

Y - X + X = Y

Edit:
The only way that portion of the story could be true, is if chronographs were not effected by the forward passage of time. Which seems some what contradictory to any particular hypothesis regarding 2 clocks travelling in opposite directions around the earth.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Raphael_UO]

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
Yeah, I guess we should be asking ourselves that questions but I really find it absurd that the clocks actually are affected....will search info about it as soon as I'm sure no comets will wipe humanity off earth's face.

Read my post above along with Universe in a Nutshell By Stephen Hawkins.
Its not absurd (even though its very odd) but it is fact

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I covered a lot of ground for years working oil exploration surveying, and one day we were crossing through a patch of woods in Wyoming, and I found myself drawn to a hollowed area. I lingered and lingered on the spot, and didn't understand why I was so attracted to it. It had no significant features, just some rocks and grass. This never happened to me anywhere else. I think this might've been an energy vortex, looking back now.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
In my opinion it would be easier to travel back in time (what was) as oppposed to what has not yet been discovered..

I am a big fan of the possibilities of time travel. After reading a (fictional) 5 book saga on time travel, the one question I would pose is: Aren't the ways and means to do so already in place? The woman who went back in time (in the books) went through a circle of standing stones (not Stonehenge) but what is the purpose of Stonehenge and others like it? Stone circles have been standing for thousands of years and are found all over the world, but students, scientists, theologists, etc have yet to come up with a concrete explanation for their existence (no shortage of well expressed opinions though). Could it be that these circles are marking 'something', and if so, then what exactly? A place where things 'happened' and there was no explanation for it at the time perhaps?

Would like to expand on this.. Please feel free to extend your opinions.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think some people are getting their physics confused. Time is directly linked to speed. The faster you go, the slower your time is compared to everything else that is going slower than you. So according to modern physics if an object were to travel at the speed of light its time would stop. However the problem arises is that the faster you go the more energy it takes to get you to that speed.

So for any object other than fundamental particle current theories say nothing can go at the speed of light.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeaussie
I think some people are getting their physics confused. Time is directly linked to speed. The faster you go, the slower your time is compared to everything else that is going slower than you. So according to modern physics if an object were to travel at the speed of light its time would stop. However the problem arises is that the faster you go the more energy it takes to get you to that speed.

So for any object other than fundamental particle current theories say nothing can go at the speed of light.

Bingo. You have it in one. It's what's known as Time Dilation.

Effectively, the faster an object travels, the slower time is for said object. As an example - Say you are on a "space shuttle" that can travel at the speed of light. Now, you are on your way to a planet that is 20 Light Years away. Now, since you are travelling at the speed of light, the trip will only take you 20 years (I know, I know, it's twenty years, but let me continue). Now, for you, the trip has taken only 20 years (I SAID HANG ON!!!!!
), because of Time Dilation, 10,000 years have really passed. It's a funny little thing Time Dilation.

And that about sums it up. Theoretically, Time Travel IS possible, but physically, at the moment, we can't do it. Well not that I'm aware of. Basically, the faster you travel, the slower time gets for you.

Oh and as for the two clocks on the planes experiment, that was because of Time Dilation as well. One plane was flying at 10,000 feet, the other at 100,000 feet. The one at 10,000 feet was flying at a slower speed than the one at 100,000 feet, and that is why the clock came back a couple of hundred thousandths of a second slower, because of said Time Dilation.

I hope that makes sense to everyone.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
The thing that kills this story for me is the clock changing. Clocks aren't affected by time, they just function with or without time...

Exactly. When I unplug my X-Box 360 it resets the date and time back to 12:00am 2005, that doesn't mean that it has chrono-jumped back in time and returned to me when I plugged it back in! Dates and years are subjective. In Iran its 1386 as they use the Persian calender.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Seriously strong point - if I walked into it and came back 60 seconds later, I would still feel the minute. This is saying I would be a baby when I came back.

Nope, not really. Now if this actually exists and you went into it for no matter how long. Time as we know it would still pass no matter which time you are in. So if you went back as an adult 60 seconds is 60 seconds in either time zone. Hmmm... now, if something weird would happen then i would venture that it would be you changing into a baby going in and back to adult comming out...

Interesting to say the least but unlikely.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by shearder]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join