It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The history of the devil

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
references:

the namshub of enki
www.namshub.com...

epic of gilgamesh tablet IX
www.ancienttexts.org...

revelation 9
www.biblegateway.com...

enki and the world order
(translated sumerian-akkadian cuneiform text)
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

enki builds the e.engurra
ancientstories.org...

enuma elish
www.sacred-texts.com...

tower of babel, etemenanki
(babylonian version)
www.livius.org...

enmerkar and the lord of arrata
(building of the tower of babel--akkadian version)
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

[edit on 20-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks, undo. I will check these sites out.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Morningstar. I agree with you on this. I did not like the pissing contest that was going on, but there were a lot of questions and ideas presented and I was interested in the subject. I come to ATS to be educated and challenged in my beliefs.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
For my minimal part I must apologizes. I am not a scholar or a great intellectual, just of average intelligence. I'm the little kid pulling on the parents coattails saying, look, look. The OP has been quite patent with me as all the others have been.

I can only explain that when I see a bit of truth I become excited like a child finding his first toy. My mind fills with imagery and mindsets and trains of thought to such an extent and speed, it becomes overwhelming. I apologize for the lack of self control.

If you allow me I would suggest another thread for Lucifer, "History of Lucifer". Morningstar, would something like this help you see that there may be two separate players in history? Having both subjects running at the same time might be helpful. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
If you allow me I would suggest another thread for Lucifer, "History of Lucifer". Morningstar, would something like this help you see that there may be two separate players in history? Having both subjects running at the same time might be helpful. Just a thought.

Actually I believe there are far more than two players in history. Since morningstar never brought up Lucifer, I am not sure how starting a thread on that would help at all. The original response was about the name Satan. The proper name Satan as attributed to the adversary of God. That is all. There are plenty of devils and there is plenty of history to go along with it. Let it go now, it was pointless and stupid, but more importantly, if you just read how that started, it was about the NAME SATAN. Not the word satan, or the idea of lucifer, beelzebub, leviathan, pluto..etc.

In discussing the history of the devil, I would think that all of these items should come into account but if you want a thread about Lucifer, I suggest you start it since the name Lucifer was never being debated. Let the thread get back to history and forget about that since almost every response since it started seems to have completely missed what should have been a simple point.

I got it right away.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join