It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The history of the devil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

no i didn't say that, and neither did you. i was giving you an example of etymology, and how etymology can play a role in not recognizing the source of a word. the claim that the word satan has no history prior to 3000 years ago is based on lack of etymological research. it's the lazy man's guide to the past. ya need to get up off that thang, and read it for yourself.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

You know honestly, I used to think about everything that you are mentioning and what people have brought up on this thread in regards to the devil.

All I have to say is the truth of everyting on this earth is so far distant from what we are being taught and told.

I used to believe in the bible and in Christ being a devoted Christian. I used to believe in evil Vs's good. A devil or Satan with his angels trying to destory the work of God on this earth and take away people's souls or whatever.

It all comes down to this.
There is NO 1 DEVIL (That I know for a fact but you will have to learn that all on your own.)

There is NO 1 GOD (that I also have been privy to learn)

There are many entities that have played the role of both GOD and DEVIL for mankind on this earth. There are those who have played the role of Satan and other Gods and even Demons but they are all entities-Spirits, Renegades and in reality ET's in spirit playing with mankind.

They are let loose on earth and allowed to do so and you would ask yourself by who? GOD?

NO by other ET's, people on higher levels some of them endless years ahead of us ,they watch over planets like earth in higher dimensions in spirit form or physical if they choose. The body is nothing more than a suit to them, they change bodies like we do clothes.

All spirits on earth are actually ET and they do not come from hell or some place that we have been led to believe. Earth is a form of hell and they live right here, the evil is on earth. This is a trial period for our souls and we are supposed to believe everything we have been taught.

There are no coincidences, the knowledge of our universe and the truth about the other side and who we really are is kept from us for good reasons. You are supposed to be lost in this world and seeking to find the truth. Religions in many ways set people back on a correct path. The only goal we have on this earth is to get through it and live the best lives we can without greed, hate and envy. That is your goal to become better then when you arrived here and were placed in a body.

Ok to get to the point. I know alot of you will absolutely think I'm insane for some of what I'm saying but I won't deny the truth. ET's run the show folks there is no GOD up there like we are being told, there is no DEVIL down here like we are being told with demons but there are GOOD and BAD entities/spirits/ET's call them whatever you choose that have played those roles because they created our religions. They were setup and created by ET's.. ET's have appeared to many people in the form of God the Father, Jesus Christ, other prophets and Angels and even the Devil.

They can appear however they choose and there is an overall purpose for why they have misled us, we don't really want to know the full truth just pass through this life without turning worse then when we arrived here so we can move up and be allowed to live in greater existences and planets.

Who is the desicion maker, your guide and your family which is beyond your human understanding. There is not 1 thought in your heard that is ever not heard. Not 1 prayer that is not answered not in the way you may want it to be answered but prayers are answered and most believe this comes from their religion or God.

ET's run the show, this body is not even who you are it is a temporary biological machine that is all it is only serving the purpose of holding your soul and allowing you to reside within this planet. It is in actuality your ball and chain this is in fact a world made of bars, it is a prison for many it is test for many, we all are on a different level individually and spiritually one from another and we are all on this prison planet for a purpose but we didn't come from Heaven folks.

We didn't come from God and were not trying to make our way back to him and there is no crazy Devil and demons chasing us with some big spiritual evil Vs good war going on only ET's some good and bad. Our future is in our own hands by making the right choices.

I have probably said enough and some of you may be laughing or not listening but I know what I say is true because I have seen things most have not and been off this planet and in places that most have not and seen with my own eyes this earth from looking outside of it and viewed it like other higher up ET entites view us on this little rock we call earth. It is nothing more than 1 of Billions of other similar planets with beings just like us on them all in the same situation with shades on believing there is a God and a Devil, good vs evil battle and final judgment.

It's not time for most to learn the truth and 99% on earth never will until the next life and they will perhaps be brought back placed in another body and forget everything they know. This life will be repeated many times for most until they learn what they need to learn and make the changes that are necessary for moving up to higher levels of existence.

So when I hear people talk about the devil and God well we truly are living in the Matrix because those who have created this reality for us have most of us right where they want us. People talk about miracles, visions of God and Heaven, Angels and seeing evil entities welcome to their world of manipulation and theatre. It is a big play of drama going on designed specifically for earth and it's occupants.

If you asked me which I prefer to be true what I just wrote or that we all came from Heaven and a God and we will all return back to God in Heaven after this lifetime if we just avoid the so called devil and evil in this world and make the right choices well I would choose that we did come from a God and there is a so called Heaven we go back to but that is not reality. It has been hard to accept for me but I see things the way they are now, people on earth or so lost and clueless as to what is really going on and how many other planets are full of life, everything has been hidden from us and we have been intentionally genetically altered so that we will stay in our primitive state of mind and view of who we are on this little prison planet. Most really don't want to know the truth of it all, it's better you don't know everything.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

She was in the presence of one of the sons of God, beings
who had free will, who were more powerful than mere angels, whom
humanity was created “a little lower” (Psalm 8:4-5; the phrase usually
translated as “a little lower than the angels” is actually “a little lower
than the elohim in the Hebrew text).3 She was speaking to a member
of the divine council who did not share Yahweh’s enthusiasm for his
new creation, humankind, to whom Yahweh had just given rule over
the planet (Gen 1:26-27). These mere humans were—as the “lesser
elohim” had been previously—created as Yahweh’s image (“let US”…
“OUR” in Gen 1:26-27), to rule the cosmos for Yahweh, and earth – at
least until humanity was fashioned. In this last regard, I share the
view of certain lines of Jewish tradition that teach the “serpent’s”
motive for seducing Eve was jealousy at humanity’s “appointment” as
supreme authority under Yahweh on earth – as opposed to the sons of
God getting that job.

Huston, we have a problem.......

As I said, events, location, and the true cast of characters.

From the above passage I see "Lucifer", the morning star, the bringer of light, performing a act of seduction for the cameras to blame the other (false flag) actor, the reptilian. This whole war was over what the ultimate outcome of the breading program would deliver.

at least until humanity was fashioned
Again the "real" primary players are the physical, flesh and blood, original life form, reptilians, against the "Spiritual"

sons of God, beings
who had free will, who were more powerful than mere angels, whom
humanity was created “a little lower”
The main augment I see is between who I call Lucifer, the fallen angel, and Satan, the judge. Lucifer was happy with the humanity that had been created, even though, it had its faults, greed, power hungry, and cowedly

The reptilian felt humanity needed a final correction for these conditions. Hence "at least until humanity was fashioned" There orders for this correction came from the high. Lucifer was infuriated that his humans had been desecrated by this adjustment. Thus you have this mindset of race separation and supremacy of certain blood lines. If Lucifer wins, all of the corrected bloodlines will be removed. I don't really believe the correction was done to "Spite" Lucifer, I believe it was done at the bidding of Yahweh.

Now we have two zones, if you will, one guarded by the reptilian, and one guarded by Lucifer, both equally pitted against each other via technology. Lucifer can not do battle of his own so he must employ humans to do this, and it is done via mind control as subtle as it was done to eve.

If anyone is spiting anyone it is Lucifer and his ceaseless attempts at causing the humanity within the reptilians zone to self destruct via, covert self destructive mindsets such as the NWO . As Lucifer is of the semi spirit realm, and of free will, he is not concerned about time.

I associate this Lucifer with this role because it is said Lucifer fell from the grace of God and took a few angels with him. This too I believe is a fabrication, and believe the number to be 3, long story about that. I do not consider the original humans to be the 1/3.

So either we have the tempter Lucifer, tempting away until we have the judge show up for the final judgment, or, we have a defiant Lucifer trying for a global power grab.

It may be true that Lucifer has a bit more power than your average angel, but he will be no match for a united humanity, and this is why he must confuse us constantly. Divide and conquered, we have been, but united, WE, shall win.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
I will tell you all about my time with Jesus as soon as you elaborate on your meeting with the devil.

This isn't what you'd said before. You said,

So if you would like to learn more about him, I would be happy to relate as much as I can.

Whereas I never agreed to broadcast my testimony regarding Satan...or rather, broadcast it again. As I'd said, I'd done so before here.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Answering the only question you'd put forth in your post:

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
They are let loose on earth and allowed to do so and you would ask yourself by who? GOD?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes the word satan is much older than Satan. Unfortunately, we were not talking about the history of words, it was the history of the devil. The devil named Satan did not get that name until well after the word had been around. Thanks for trying so hard to show me how much you know abut words but I think you were aiming for the history of words thread. Not the history of the devil. There is a difference between Satan and satan.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Actually, what you said was,

I've found it more beneficial to answer questions as it pertains to others, validate, or describe his character.
Ok, so unless you do not understand sentence structure, what you said is that you find it beneficial to
answer questions as it pertains to others

and validate
or describe his character.

I asked you to elaborate on this to both validate and describe his character. Fortunately for you, since I just do not buy it anyway, I also really do not care anymore. You have no problem mentioning in post after post, yet do not want to talk about it. You offer to answer questions about it but have so far completely failed to do so. You have done nothing but bring it up and talk in circles. Have fun sharing your story with people that buy it then if you could not just have a normal conversation about it by now, you do not plan on doing so.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
morningstar,

you don't want to consider the sumerian evidence? that's a single entity, not a type of entity (although he be could classified as such, just as you are you and you are also an ATS'er).

[edit on 17-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Malevolent_Aliens, you are getting somewhere!

finally some people have an inspiration to step out of the GAME. for a game it is. nothing more.

first we have to study what the words mean.

God =
goodness
love
compassion
lack o fear

Satan =
evil
hatred
ignorance
fear

both are described in the scriptures (bible, magic). both scriptures speak of wisdom and understanding (so the perception of god and devil is wrong), but the true basis for all of them is love and lack of fear. if you love and you are fearless you evolve regardless what entity you worship.

the true weight of a word is the connection it implies. Satan and God are existing entities in the soulplane, and those entities cannot have direct control of the time-space.

that is why, if i pray i do not ask for a car or a house, or something material. i simply ask for the possibility to experience the sensation of owning a car or a house. then the chance will be offered and it is my choosing. works always to a certain level.

the real work of the God and Satan is opening the doors. you have to walk trough. by their scriptures, God opens the door for love and Satan for hatred. but the effect of both still remain.

if you hate, you feel a deep unease, (it is so with every sin in fact)
love in the other hand is uplifting, euphoric

fear is the only thing that has no place in any of sides.

2 points (a point is zero dimensional); draw a line between them (a line is 1 dimensional) and you have a higher dimensional living.
that not necessarily means that you have to kill and love to get to it. your soul has enough experience already to contain both points. the only thing you must do is to draw the line.

you have to embrace the dark side as well as the good side of yr soul. then the line slowly is being drawn. but there is much work within you to achieve that. you have to truly know yourself in integrity.

Satanism and Christianity are meant to keep your focus in only one point. dont get me wrong again. you dont have to walk trough both doors at the same time, that is impossible (and if you walk into one door the otherone closes), instead try to construct a corridor between them (this would be yr line). and try living in that corridor, where both spaces behind the doors coexist.

that means that all experiences good or evil are available to you. you start living in a 1 dimensional soulplane, and no more jumping from one zero to another.

the current society is axed to have both doors closed. this means, if succeeds there wont be even a 0 dimensional place in witch the soul to reside. this equals to no existence. you wont reincarnate anymore. you remain a machine, a Zombie if you like. this is where the legends of the Undead came from. it happened before. existence and none-existence is like light an darkness. a candle is enough to disperse all darkness. you may refer to it as a seed of life. in fact is a candle in a bath of TNT, because "light" tend to expend and strengthen.

so you may see now only light or darkness with yr third eye. but if you become one, in the same time you will see light and shadow, defining form, and these forms gives you the knowledge of all and all that is yet to come.

the meditation part is the easiest of all to undertake, but the journey is hard. like it is hard to construct a road in a place where no one has walked for a long time. but it can be done in one lifetime or even less.

"a one 1000mile journey begins with one step" but after a few you can run after that you fly trough time and space. you ascend.

so please take a few minutes and work within you. and your material life will improve too.

and for heavens sake, please
NEVER SAY ENOUGH, DON'T STOP !

you are human, it is in you to never stop. push your consciousness more, as close as possible to your soul. it will be like nuclear fusion if you are ready.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I asked you to elaborate on this to both validate and describe his character.

Direct validation can be obtained two ways:

1.) Proof - This is the dangerous part I was talking about and the route I took. I'm not convinced that everyone who seeks proof of the devil can get out of the situation.

2.) Proof by opposite - If one were to obtain proof of God, one can reason that what God says is valid. God has stated (and can still state) that Satan exists.

This is how an individual can obtain their own proof. Validation does not come by my personal testimony. I can say "yes, this happened to me too" as a singular point of validation. If one is wise, they would seek multiple points of validation in order to establish proof.

As previously described, Satan's character can be either subtle persuasion or direct confrontation. Likewise the people who seek him do so by either evokation (I know I used a 'k' here) and invokation. The subtle character is typically invisible, whisper quiet, mixes truths with lies, and is persuasive in nature. His confrontational character is candid, proof driven, demanding, intimidating and hostile. Those who seek power, to follow power, or fold under the pressure of power tend to evoke.

Fortunately for you, since I just do not buy it anyway, I also really do not care anymore.

If you did not care, you would not post.

You offer to answer questions about it but have so far completely failed to do so. You have done nothing but bring it up and talk in circles. Have fun sharing your story with people that buy it then if you could not just have a normal conversation about it by now, you do not plan on doing so.

The only question I have not answered is the request to share my personal testimony. I'm not opposed to doing so, but this is not the place for it. I know this, as I've said repeatedly, because I've done so before. As much as you like to sit in the judgement seat, it is not for you to decide what is and is not a normal conversation.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
morningstar,

you don't want to consider the sumerian evidence? that's a single entity, not a type of entity (although he be could classified as such, just as you are you and you are also an ATS'er).

[edit on 17-10-2008 by undo]

And just exactly what Sumerian evidence would that be?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Actually, what you have refused to do is make your claim believable in any way. You have failed to give even the most simple reason to believe anything you said or will say about your meeting with the devil. You go on about how proof of God is good enough, well you have not proved God either so how is it good enough? Either way, I really do not care anymore. This is my response to you. Notice I am not longer asking anything of you. Anything that resembles a question is rhetorical. So far plenty of posts, lots of words, nothing to make any real believable sense of what you babbled on about in your first post. Have fun spreading the word of the devil.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

did you read my previous posts (i think on the page before this one)? i've established a paper trail of ancient stories that connect the biblical satan to a sumerian god.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

did you read my previous posts (i think on the page before this one)? i've established a paper trail of ancient stories that connect the biblical satan to a sumerian god.

It appears Morning Star has put a metal block up. Undo, I'm wondering if you might have the time to look at a Enoch documentary I found on you tube. Im sure you have seen this already, but I would like your take on it. Part 7 need not be viewed as its purely a Christian point of view. I find some of his descriptions to be very enlightening.

Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 1 of 7
uk.youtube.com...
Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 2 of 7
uk.youtube.com...
Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 3 of 7
uk.youtube.com...
Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 4 of 7
uk.youtube.com...
Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 5 of 7
uk.youtube.com...
Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 6 of 7
uk.youtube.com...
Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 7 of 7
uk.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

There is no mental block. You are both attempting to rope me into some crazy arguement that can only be made by finessing the details. Whatever. If you want to say Satan is a really old character. Same guy, SAME NAME. Fine, go for it. I also understand some people actually believe there is a God or gods and I will not be arguing in circles with them any time soon either so whatever you all say. Take your circuitous logic and backwards connections and have fun being the smartest two guys on this thread that only agree with each other.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

well first we would have to establish the precedent that biblical texts had any prior references from older texts. i think i can show you this is true, without you feeling as if i'm trying to be smarter. i'm not. i just read alot. for example, let's take this section of the epic of gilgamesh (a sumerian-akkadian text):

Excerpted from Tablet X

Utanapishtim spoke to Gilgamesh, saying:
"I will reveal to you, Gilgamesh, a thing that is hidden,
a secret of the gods I will tell you!
Shuruppak, a city that you surely know,
situated on the banks of the Euphrates,
that city was very old, and there were gods inside it.
The hearts of the Great Gods moved them to inflict the Flood.
Their Father Anu uttered the oath (of secrecy),
Valiant Enlil was their Adviser,
Ninurta was their Chamberlain,
Ennugi was their Minister of Canals.
Ea, the Clever Prince(?), was under oath with them
so he repeated their talk to the reed house:
'Reed house, reed house! Wall, wall!
O man of Shuruppak, son of Ubartutu:
Tear down the house and build a boat!
Abandon wealth and seek living beings!
Spurn possessions and keep alive living beings!
Make all living beings go up into the boat.
The boat which you are to build,
its dimensions must measure equal to each other:
its length must correspond to its width.
Roof it over like the Apsu.
I understood and spoke to my lord, Ea:
'My lord, thus is the command which you have uttered
I will heed and will do it.
But what shall I answer the city, the populace, and the
Elders!'

Read on:
www.ancienttexts.org...

There are other examples as well. That text (the Epic of Gilgamesh) predates the biblical texts and is telling a very similar story about the same flood event. The names are different because of language changes along the way and some other more indepth reasons that i won't go into here.

"Ea the Clever Prince" is Enki, the one who many feel is the basis for the biblical Satan.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Seriously? What the hell does this have to do with Satan? Did I ever once say that the bible was the oldest great flood story? I did not even realize we were discussing floods.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

i'm showing you that the character of "satan" as a single individual, has some basis in older texts than the bible, which would make him, as a singular entity, older than 3000 years. the documentary for which the op was created, leaves out those details. i think they are hoping that people will ignore sumer and akkad. not gonna happen

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
the beginning of the enlightenment period was heralded by the assumption that the ancient greeks couldn't write, an idea put forth by a scholar of german higher criticism (who was essentially a catholic professor attempting to prove the bible had the only legitimate history), which took the universities by storm. the idea that any part of the old texts might be illegitimate, hadn't been considered before then. as a result of this decision, ancient greek historical documents, epics, poems, anything that had been used prior to this time, were removed from historical consideration. this had a snowball effect that resulted in the trashing of almost all ancient history.

any text that had as its support, the ancient greek writings, were also removed from historical consideration. till finally, everything was disposed of (including the bible, which had hence lost every bit of historical support it originally had) except the ancient egyptians. the hieroglyphs of the egyptians hadn't been translated yet. in fact, archaeology hadn't been created yet. they were soon to find out they were very wrong.

forty years later, it was discovered the ancient greeks could write but it was too late to recant the position because it had so modified the face of the scholarly and social community, so many important LIVING people had written lengthy documents on the subject. so, it was ignored. and they carried on with the original idea that ancient history was bunk.

to this day, people are still relying on that incorrectly created data, that was originally founded on the misconception that the ancient greeks couldn't write and the snowball effect it created that wiped out the histories of our ancestors.

this resulted in documentaries such as the one posted by the OP, because you see, since the time the original "ancient history is bunk" ideas came out, archaeology has discovered all manner of support to the contrary. so the only solution they have left remaining to them is to do what they did to the ancient greek texts - ignore the implications, pretend like sumer and akkad are not there, and give quotes from texts that either predate the archaeological discoveries or quotes from others who ignore supportive archaeology.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

You sure are going to great lengths to show something there arent ya. Ok I will bite. Where does it say that they also called him "Satan?'

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join