It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of news is this??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
These were the top 4 stories on CNN.com earlier copied and pasted cause there lower on the list now:

# Lightning bolt fells man pumping gas Video
# Man loses 550 lbs., gains bride Video T-shirt
# Man kills in-laws with firebomb, police say
# Naked-girl snowboards get icy reaction Video T-shirt

Now try to read it without laughing! Seriously do they even report REAL news anymore? lol!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MJND1990

yes, i turned on the tv expecting nothing but bailout news, boy was i surprised. i think they are trying to use this as a way to get our minds off what's really important, look for more of this trend as the market continus to weaken while is was supposed to strenghen, they know we are catching on and they are tryin to distract us.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Stay alert. This is exactly what they intend: To lull the majority back into 'their reality' - if you take my meaning.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Kudos Publius. And distracted most of us are...

I haven't watched TV regularly for decades, but- even I feel distracted.

Supressing doom and gloom probably costs alot of money, I bet.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yep. Bailout is OLD NEWS. And it's not just that...there are all kinds of crazy things going on in the world right now...and this is what they report??? Lol. Every day i get just a bit more angry with the things happening in this country. The public is played to like fools and it's time people woke up and call Bull crap when they see it. ARGH. Hell why bother most just want to argue, complain, and point fingers at one another while the country goes to hell. Either that, or just ignore the problem completely.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There was somone on the internet recently warning about emotionally charged trivia. It's like the shell game. Keep watching and guess where the 700B goes. Some would have us worry about a act of terror now frpm the increased threat alert. Crazy world.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah, makes sense. A terrorist attack to get our minds of the government messing us over. Then we'll all unite and chant U S A - U S A.! I'm so freakin angry right now with everything that's going on.

When will people wake up!?!?!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

i predict another bin laden video before bush is out of office. doesn't matter if he is dead or not (as some say and i too believe) because the government will have a video of him if they need one. see the thread on "emily" from metrecs if you don't believe that. do a search for uncanny valley. when TV goes completely digital, you can NEVER again trust what you see on the news. this needs more attention than it has got, i shamelessly ask you to star this reply if you understand what i am talking about here.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You sir, Enigma Publius, have been starred. Very good point indeed. I don't believe much of what is said in the media and like i've said in many other posts, i think they are completely biased.

But u are absolutely right. Look at all the UFO hoaxes and the like out there. Some are hard to disprove. Look at hollywoood. Some of the special effects are so real that u can barely if at all tell the difference.

Good point.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
good points, I go online and search for things like Italian news or South African news so I can get as close as possible to what goes on in the rest of the world ,I know that's Rupert Murdochs worst nightmare,I do think that the stock market bailout is a bunch of smoke and mirrors and these days if I see a UFO landing reported anywhere there is little likelihood that I'll think anything but, here we go again. I'm getting real good at translating double speak

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sad, isn't it?

I would say the corporate media in this country is a joke if it weren't so scary.

top topics

join