It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did nobody else see this news story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i posted it earlier today in another thread and thought someone else would have brought it up in a thread on it's own but i guess no-one has seen it yet as they're too busy worrying about the 700 billion....

massive military budget approved

While debate over the Paulson bailout package dominated the headlines, the US Congress quietly passed a landmark $615 Billion defense spending bill.

was this not reported in the mainstream media then?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I read about this somewhere else recently. I think it was passed on the same day as the first no vote for the bailout.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
I read about this somewhere else recently. I think it was passed on the same day as the first no vote for the bailout.

i only heard about it today when i was sent the story by someone. i haven't seen it reported here yet or heard of it on the news myself. thought it would have been biggish headlines here already

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
WOW, no other words, but just wow. And I have to struggle to be able to feed my family 4 dollars worth of beans and rice a day.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is reallly a 'non-story'. This years budget was a little over 623 billion dollars, which is actually a savings of 8 billion dollars for the 2009 budget of 615 billion. Source. It just seems like it since the current focus is on the Wall Street bailout. The DoD budget is alway a whopper.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

they want you to believe it's a non-story so you won't question it.

do you think there's nothing better to spend all that money on atm?

a saving of 8 billion? well that's really going to be noticed when you've just approved 623 billion.

paraphrasing - "wow - just wow"

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

No, I was in the military many years ago, and I am familiar with the budget. The US military has always been a huge chunk of the total US budget. It has grown over the years, but still occupies about the same percentage of the budget that it has for decades. The OP claims that this budget is a 'landmark' when in fact it is not. Check the budgets for the last ten years. Do you really think it is cheap to have the best equipped and the best trained military in the world? It has been costing you alot of money for a lot of years.

ED- and 623 billion was the budget for 2008. The 615 billion just passed was for FY 2009.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

new topics

top topics

join