It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan End Timeline Corrected

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted but I did a search and came up with nothing. So here it is

Several people have discussed the "end of time" as accounted for by the Mayan's. But they have the date wrong and here is the corrected IMO date.

The Mayan calendar started in 3113BC at the begining of the 5th Sun. Each Sun period is 5,125 years in length so that would bring us to the year 2012 as the "end year"

But the Mayan's used a dual calendar system to keep track of the days. A 365 day solar calendar and a 260 Sacred calendar the 260 day calendar was based on the orbit of Venus and the 365 of Earth.

3113BC was the Birth of Venus and the year 2012 is the Death of Venus.

A Venus round is 104 years long consisting of 2 - 52 year solar calendar periods.

The first 52 year period ends when the 365 day solar calendar and the 260 day sacred calendar ends on the same day, that day was 6/19/1960. Thus began the final 52 years of "time". If you then take 365 days and place a date next to each one and run 260 days next to that and you run them out you will find that the Transit of Venus 6/8/2004 falls at 365 days solar and 200 days sacred. Continue to run out this 365 and 200 days and when the 365 solar calendar meets up with the 260 day sacred calendar you will see that the day is 6/6/2012. Exactly the predicted date of the closing Transit of Venus.

The Mayan composite calendar is built in 5 segments marking the main "rows" of the date structure after the 5th segment a new order starts and the starting Sacred day is adjusted by 5 days.

for example

the first order of the calendar is 105,210,55,160,5 these are the "end" days at the end of each solar calendar.

the next order is 110,215,60,165,10

and the next 115,220,65,170,15

and the next 120,225,70,175,20

and the next 125,230,75,180,25

155,260,105,210,55 at (365-260) this marks the end of the 52 year "round"

the date at 365-260 for the 1st 52 year round was 6/19/1960.

This date should have some historical value.

I made a chart of the entire Mayan Calendar for the 104 year cycle if anyone would like to see it via email. You can look up your birthdate where it is on the Mayan solar calendar.

Just U2U me.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If this is right, then all of the things I've learned in the last couple of years are starting to make sense. Several things are pointing to this year, but the mayan's 2012 date was screwing me up.

This'll deserve some research.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Same here... I'll have to look into this... and if I get info on it I'll post. No offense though but, I'm not to keen on the date math.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have done some interesting analyses based on the 12/2012 date. I will recalculate using this new date to see how things land.

Meanwhile, can you provide some references to this alternate method?

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

This date should have some historical value.

Nothing much from what I understand.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i believe that the mayans were onto something, they go by planetary cycles, and we can see those planets on our own, which means these cycles arent a myth, or propaganda by religion...i guess what im saying is if an entire civilization can base their existance on earth cycles and planetary cycles...along with drawings of alien beings and crafts...its starting to all make sense, and why this information has been suppressed for a long time, and only those who seek it can gain some of this knowledge. it wil never be taught, because its not christian, or politically correct...
evolutionary cycles will take their course.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
6-19-1960

The Vatican releases a communication in regards to the Secret of the Third Fatima

The "Snake March" happens in Japan, where 330,000 student protest march to the Japanese Diet about the US-Japan Security Treaty.

Countless Church dedications and benidictions including Saint Ann's in (New York?)

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm looking at the correlations between the dates associated with the Mayan 2012 predictions and the Biblical predictions based on the Jewish calendar.

I have to tell you I am seeing a lot more synchronicity between a December 2012 date right now than I am between a June 2012 date.

I agree that the exact DAY may not be known accurately concerning the Mayan predictions, but I'm not sure I buy that June is the correct month.

I sure would appreciate you providing some references to this theory. I understand you are speaking of your own analysis, but do you have any other supporting information?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Mayan's viewed Venus as the Sacred Planet. Their calendar system is actually a planetary orbit guide the tracks the movements of the planets. The general Mayan new about the 91 "steps" that marked each day of the four seasons and the knew about the 365 steps around the four sides of the pyramid that marked the passing of each day. But only the priest knew why the 260 day Sacred calendar was important.

Imagine the Mayan pyramid as a giant "solar/planetary dial" with 4 sides and 91 steps on each side. Since they knew the changing of the season at the start of each 104 year Venus Round the Mayan authority would start a marker on step 1. The next day the Season marker would go up one step and the solar marker would go directly over one step to the right after the fourth day you would return to the starting side and the fifth day would go up one row. As the days progressed the season marker would climb to the top of the pyramid, at the passing of the 91st day the marker would stand at the top of the pyramid and offer a sacrafice to the god's for the next season and the marker would be placed back on the bottom step of the "second" side. The solar marker would continue its journey around the outer steps of the pyramid until it to reached the top after 365 days have passed, again a sacrafice would be required to return the marker to the orginal starting step.This sacrafice would be very special as it would mark the end of that solar cycle as well as the end of the fourth season. A solar cycle marker would then be moved to the "second" side of the pyramid. Once four solar cycles had been achieved the date marker would be shifted by one day, this would mark the leap year and the conclusion of this year would require an even more dramatic sacrafice for at the close of this year would mark the next set of "five". The priest would keep track of how many solar cycles had passed and based on that could predict solar events, not only Transits of Mercury and Venus but also of Solar Eclipses and Lunar Eclipses.

This same system of ratio's was discovered in the (aldonda device ? spelling) off the Greek coast. The first "computer" that came from the ancient world that is theorized to be able to chart the placement of all the planets at any given date by a complex system of gears. This same system is seen in a tabular format in the mayan pyramids. If you were to build a gear with 365 teeth and have it mesh with a gear with 260 teeth and a gear matching the orbit of each planet and have them all mesh together by aligning them with the universal planetary aligment you could then turn the "earth" gear a full revolution for every year in the future that you wanted to predict the placement of the planets.

12/21/2012 or 12/23/2012 is a date to misguide people from the truth.

The Transit of Venus were crucial to the Mayan calendar thus these junctions must be clearly defined in their calendar, when you set the end date of 12/21/2012 or 12/23/2012 and mark that in accordance to the 365 day solar calendar and the 260 day sacred calendar then try and find where the Tranists fall, 6/4/2004 and 6/6/2012 they do not line up with the solar periods that would mark the tranist of venus acorss the sun. A transit should fall at the end of both cycles when both cycles are in harmony ie 365-260. Since we know the start of the calendar as 3113BC (some say 3114BC) and we knew that the last solar period is to be 5,125 years this brings us to 2012 or 2011 but since there is no Transit of Venus in 2011 the start date must be 3113BC.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yippeeee the end of the world....thats something to look forward to innit?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This date is NOT the end of the world.

It is just a date. That's all it is, a date, nothing more... something might happen on this date... but, the world will NOT end.

Here's what will happen on this date you claim:

I will wake up at 200 PM... have burnt brunch... get on ATS... post some stuff... maybe egg a house... have a beer or two... then go back to bed and the next day I'll just start all over again.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Anyone ever consider that there is a date when something is going to happen and in order to get people conditioned to ignore it they create many dates so that by the time the real date arrives nobody pays attention until it's too late.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The precession of the equinoxes, also known as the Platonic Year, is caused by the slow wobbling of the earth's polar axis. Right now this axis roughly points to Polaris, the "Pole Star," but this changes slowly over long periods of time. The earth's wobble causes the position of the seasonal quarters to slowly precess against the background of stars. For example, right now, the winter solstice position is in the constellation of Sagittarius. But 2000 years ago it was in Capricorn. Since then, it has precessed backward almost one full sign. It is generally thought that the Greek astronomer Hipparchus was the first to discover precession around 128 B.C. Yet scholarship indicates that more ancient Old World cultures such as the Egyptians (see Schwaller de Lubicz's book Sacred Science) and Babylonians also knew about the precession.

I have concluded that even cultures with simple horizon astronomy and oral records passed down for a hundred years or so, would notice the slow shifting of the heavens. For example, imagine that you lived in an environment suited for accurately demarcated horizon astronomy. Even if this wasn't the case, you might erect monoliths to sight the horizon position of, most likely, the dawning winter solstice sun. This position in relation to background stars could be accurately preserved in oral verse or wisdom teachings, to be passed down for centuries. Since precession will change this position at the rate of 1 degree every 72 years, within the relatively short time of 100 years or so, a noticeable change will have occurred. The point of this is simple. To early cultures attuned to the subtle movements of the sky, precession would not have been hard to notice.2

The Maya are not generally credited with knowing about the precession of the equinoxes. But considering everything else we know about the amazing sophistication of Mesoamerican astronomy, can we realistically continue to deny them this? Many of the as yet undeciphered hieroglyphs may ultimately describe precessional myths. Furthermore, as I show in my book Tzolkin: Visionary Perspectives and Calendar Studies, the Long Count is perfectly suited for predicting future seasonal quarters, indefinitely, and precession is automatically accounted for. Some of the most incredible aspects of Mayan cosmo-conception are just now being discovered. As was the case with the state of Egyptology in the 1870's, we still have a lot to learn. In addition, Mayanists like Gordon Brotherston (The Book of the Fourth World) consider precessional knowledge among Mesoamerican cultures to be more than likely.

If we make a standard horoscope chart for December 21st, 2012 A.D., nothing very unusual appears. In this way I was led astray in my search until Linda Schele provided a clue in the recent book Maya Cosmos. Probably the most exciting breakthrough in this book is her identification of the astronomical meaning of the Mayan Sacred Tree. Drawing from an impressive amount of iconographic evidence, and generously sharing the process by which she arrived at her discovery, the Sacred Tree is found to be none other than the crossing point of the ecliptic with the band of the Milky Way. Indeed, the Milky Way seems to have played an important role in Mayan imagery. For example, an incised bone from 8th century Tikal depicts a long sinking canoe containing various deities. This is a picture of the night sky and the canoe is the Milky Way, sinking below the horizon as the night progresses, and carrying with it deities representing the nearby constellations. The incredible Mayan site of Palenque is filled with Sacred Tree motifs and references to astronomical events. In their book Forest of Kings, Schele and Freidel suggested that the Sacred Tree referred to the ecliptic. Apparently that was only part of the picture, for the Sacred Tree that Pacal ascends in death is more than just the ecliptic, it is the sacred doorway to the underworld. The crossing point of Milky Way and ecliptic is this doorway and represents the sacred source and origin. In the following diagram of the well known sarcophagus carving, notice that the Milky Way tree serves as an extension of Pacal's umbilicus. The umbilicus is a human being's entrance into life, and entrance into death as well:

This has been my attempt to fill a vacuum in Mayan Studies, an answer to the why and how of the end date of the 13-baktun cycle of the Mayan Long Count. The solution requires a shift in how we think about the astronomy of the Long Count end date. The strange fact that it occurs on a winter solstice immediately points us to possible astronomical reasons, but they are not obvious. We also shouldn't forget the often mentioned fact that the 13-baktun cycle of some 5125 years is roughly 1/5th of a precessional cycle. This in itself should have been suggestive of a deeper mystery very early on. Only with the recent identification of the astronomical nature of the Sacred Tree has the puzzle revealed its fullness. And once again we are amazed at the sophistication and vision of the ancient New World astronomers, the decendants of whom still count the days and watch the skies in the remote outbacks of Guatemala.

This essay is not contrived upon sketchy evidence. It basically rests upon two facts:

1) the well known end date of the 13-baktun cycle of the Mayan Long Count, which is December 21st, 2012 A.D. and

2) the astronomical situation on that day. Based upon these two facts alone, the creators of the Long Count knew about and calculated the rate of precession over 2300 years ago. I can conceive of no other conclusion. To explain this away as "coincidence" would only obscure the issue.

For early Mesoamerican skywatchers, the slow approach of the winter solstice sun to the Sacred Tree was seen as a critical process, the culmination of which was surely worthy of being called 13.0.0.0.0, the end of a World Age. The channel would then be open through the winter solstice doorway, up the Sacred Tree, the Xibalba be , to the center of the churning heavens, the Heart of Sky.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
1) the well known end date of the 13-baktun cycle of the Mayan Long Count, which is December 21st, 2012 A.D. and

This statement is inaccurate as no-one has the correct start date in gregorian calendar terms for the start of the Mayan calendar, thus the strapulated date of 12/21/2012 or 12/23/2012 is incorrect.

I used a software program that maps all of the planetary positions for any universal date and time and then compared that to a 365 day / 260 day date database. The sacred calendar for the mayan's (260 days) is based on the orbit of Venus. the start of the Mayan calendar is called the Birth of Venus. All the periodic cycles for Venus are accounted for and co-incide with Venus Transits as markers for end of each 104 year period. The theory that the Mayan's used a 5 baktan set of 20 days is incorrect as that would give you 18.25 months. My database shows that "our" understanding of calendar dates corresponding to specific season were not important to the Mayans. Instead they used the "count" method and kept track of where the "count" was within the two cycles ie Solar and Sacred. When the two cycles were matched that meant there is a transit of venus the first in the set being at 365-200 and the last in the set being 365-260, the tranists always fall at the end of a solar calendar year. The end of the solar calendar year, must also then mark the end of the last Sun Cycle (the 5th) this date MUST coincide with an ending solar calendar year. As the Birth of Venus was also marked by a Transit of Venus. Each ICON for the "set" is representative only as a marker for which of the 5 oriantation sets the year is currently in. there are 10 sets of 5 plus 2 end years. This making the 52 year "round" at the end of each 52 year round both calendars must be in sync at the last day. Since Venus is not always traveling within the same plane as Earth not all Transits of Venus are visable from Earth.

Additionally there is a gross error in the base set that people quote as the mayan's using. Claiming that 13 is the primary number in their system, they quote as 13,000 and 26,000 to be master numbers marking the half and end of the Solar Sun Cycles. When in fact the Solar Sun Cycles are 5,125 years x 5 = 25,625 years. If you take the date of 3114 as the start of the mayan calendar (which is in-correct) and then subtract 5,125 which is the length of the 5th Sun. Then you get 2011 not 2012. Since most people quote the Mayan calendar as starting in August 12 of the year 3114, then by purely gregorian dating of 5,125 years would put the "last day of the 5th sun" in August of 2011. IMO the flaw is that most people are making the Mayan calendar more complex then what it was. Knowing that the synchronization of the two calendars was a highly symbolic event then anything concerning the "end of a cycle" must also occur during these events. If you place the end date at 12/21/2012 or 12/23/2012 or even 8/12/2012 or 8/12/2011 and then try and locate the Transits of Venus (which we can accuratly know to be visable) you will notice that the transits fall on days that would have had no meaning to the mayan calendars.

I would be more then happy to send you my database along with a log of relevant planetary events that supports my statements

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
With Red Shift you can take a top side view of the planet's orbits around the sun and see where a world will be in a future date. I plugged in 6-6-2012 and found Venus and Earth in a straight line with each other. Venus will cross over the Sun. Next I plugged in 12-21-2012 and found Mercury and Venus almost in line with each other. The exact date that puts Venus and Mercury in line is 12-18-2012. So what is most important, Venus in line with Earth or Mercury in line with Venus?

Today Venus and Mercury are in line with the Sun.
Venus and Earth will be in line with the Sun again 6-9-2004.
This has all been done using Red Shift.

It is my opinion that Earth and Venus had different stations, before a great celestial disaster in ancient times. Venus may have come closer to earth, after that event in which it left it's moon Mercury. The birth of Venus could have started when it became most noticable in the sky when it came closer.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So then could the death of Venus mean that the planet is going back to take its position with Mercury? Venus will become dimmer in the sky if moves next to Mercury, not so close to Earth any more.

Earth (7,926 miles(12,756km)) and Venus (7,500 miles (12,100km)) are almost the same diameter. If Mercury is placed as Venus' moon then there's an ideal match with our planet moon system. Our moon(2,160 miles(3,476km)) is just the right size and distance to cover the sun in a solar eclipse. Could Mercury(3,030 miles(4,880km)) block out the sun in a solar eclipse of Venus if they were mated together? Since being closer to the sun, the moon would have to be larger to match the sun's diameter at that distance.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Could the crossing point be so significant that so many mysterious cultures honor it?

The Meso Americans were fixated with it and the + is found in many large carved stones. Even the cross symbol is found on some megalith stones found in the Caribbean down 2200ft.

The Templer Knights and the Masonic order is fixated with the + .(I forgot what they name this symbol.) Even Christopher Columbus' ship sailed with this symbol. (I think his company was associated with the Templer Knights.) These groups are highly known for their secrets. But what secrets did they learn about the ancients? I have read some interesting interpretation of the signifcance of the + with this order. It was said that the + represents the "four living creatures" pictured around the throne of God. The amazing creatures which have four faces, one of a lion, one of a bull, one of an eagle, and one of a man. Where Japheth(sdn of Noah) was saved from emminent death when he uttered the divine name out loud, witnessed an image of one of the four living creatures, while a rotating, flaming + was attacting and killing his enemies. The dagger of his enemy, that would have penetrated his heart was replaced with a tatoo of the flaming + . An inscription read upon the + : No stain of base deceit or thought impure. No bane from Deva's rage or magic lure.

Even Christendom is fixated with the + because they associat it with the cross that Jesus died on. Its just that they extend the main vertical shaft to make it different.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
6/6/2012 is my 26th birthday and nothing more

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
June 6th, 2012............

This will be the alignment of Earth, Venus, and the Sun.

Transits occur in pairs 8 years apart, each pair occurring approximately every 120 years.

Dates of Transits of Venus from the 17th century 7th Dec 1631 4th - Dec 1639
6th June 1761 - 3rd June 1769
9th Dec 1874 - 6th Dec 1882
8th June 2004 - 6th June 2012

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by AnonymousPoster4]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You may want to have a look on this:

www.mufor.org...

From the MUFOR website. Too bad they apparently stopped activity...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join