It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Atheists Hijacked Darwin's Evolution??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Once again, you are equating two things that don't go together.

The horrific events that occurred under Hitler's regime having nothing to do with science. That's analogous to saying Bush's belief in Creationism lead to the atrocities that have occurred during the Iraq war.

Both of those statements are stupid premises that have no basis in reality.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here's this summary you might look into.
Stalin was a adherent to Lysenkoism, a form of evolutionary 'science'.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by feydrautha

Mark 10:6 says, “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’” From this passage, we see that Jesus clearly taught that the creation was young, for Adam and Eve existed “from the beginning,” not billions of years after the universe and earth came into existence. Jesus made a similar statement in Mark 13:19 indicating that man’s sufferings started very near the beginning of creation. The parallel phrases of “from the foundation of the world” and “from the blood of Abel” in Luke 11:50–51 also indicate that Jesus placed Abel very close to the beginning of creation, not billions of years after the beginning. His Jewish listeners would have assumed this meaning in Jesus’ words, for the first-century Jewish historian Josephus indicates that the Jews of his day believed that both the first day of creation and Adam’s creation were about 5,000 years before Christ.1

humans are male and female, by whatever process, like evolution, god has made this so

everything we are can be directly traced back to the beginning of the universe, it was then that all was set in motion.

sex is the best method for genetic diversity of any biological creature, and two is the smallest number that works, a likely universal.

in context, the christ was, if mark's account is an accurate one, waxing poetically about the union of a man and woman in marriage,

he was not giving a lecture on the origins of humanity.

again, more of the same, the christ was well versed in the old testament, these statements were not of the nature of teaching facts about where humanity came from, it was a style of speaking, only.

anyone can see that.

where did the christ say, "this is an accurate, factual account of where humans originate" regarding genesis?

is that it? you cant be basing your case on just that?

there must be something more convincing, no?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Off topic question: How in the WORLD do you get that "Two is the only number that works?"
I am still astounded that the Mayans conceived the number zero. Ask an engineer.

Edit: Two is the SMALLEST, rather.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuzzy Wabbit

Once again, you are equating two things that don't go together.

The horrific events that occurred under Hitler's regime having nothing to do with science. That's analogous to saying Bush's belief in Creationism lead to the atrocities that have occurred during the Iraq war.

Both of those statements are stupid premises that have no basis in reality.

hitler was also not carrying out any christian doctrine, germany might have been considered a 'christian' nation, but nazism had nothing to do with the god of the old and new testament.

hitler was a big hit in islam, though... can anyone guess why?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Oh, please. You can try to convert me with all the powers of your convictions that atheism and science are intertwined. Even if I, for however brief a moment, believed you that still wouldn't change the FACT that the two are NOT related in any way, shape or form.

It is what it is, and we cannot alter reality through wishful thinking.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Off topic question: How in the WORLD do you get that "Two is the only number that works?"
I am still astounded that the Mayans conceived the number zero. Ask an engineer.

i said two is the smallest number that works, read carefully.

asexual reproduction does not accommodate genetic diversity nearly as well, if at all, obviously. ask your biology teacher.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

1) Hitler studied for the orthodoxy priesthood. 2) Hitler was Persian.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I would appologize for the confusion in the matter, but it appears that you read my editing and chose to ignore it.

link   
reply to post by jakyll

I often see many atheistic evolutionists speaking out both sides of their mouth when it comes to this issue. Not all, not most, but many. They claim science makes no claims when it comes to spirituality and that science and religion should not mix but at the same time, I often see evolutionary theory being used as a weapon against theism and spirituality.

For the most part people are smart enough to understand the way it works but when it comes to the Dawkins ilk, it gets really infuriating. And to be honest, never before had I seen evolution used as a weapon against theists until joining ATS. In fact, I was completely uninterested in the evolution vs. creation controversy for the most part until joining ATS. After having evolution thrown into my face repeatedly in threads where it was off topic (although admittedly in one incident it was my own fault for bringing it up) is what ultimately piqued my interest in the O&C forum and what was the inspiration of my first thread on ATS.

Then I learned a lot about what was happening in the actual field of science with outspoken anti-theist evolutionists.

So whether or not it should happen, we can clearly see it does happen- in every day casual interaction as well as in scientific circles and media. I have a lot more to say, especially when it comes to Darwin but that about sums it up. Although Darwin sought a natural approach to our origins, he never intended his findings to be used as a weapon against anyone- which has clearly happened in our time.

That's really interesting, CS. Thanks for sharing that. That was something of which I was not even aware.
It does appear Jesus did not endorse the gap theory. lol

[edit on 10/3/2008 by AshleyD]

link   
Now I can understand how sex plays a role in Evolution.

Procreation and diversity are all that's needed to move the world forward.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

1) Hitler studied for the orthodoxy priesthood. 2) Hitler was Persian.

he was also an art student, and put that on the back-burner as well for his pursuit of aryan occultism

he may have even taken a crafts class in grammar school, what does that have to do with his super race endevour?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I am assuming that you are speaking in reference to me with that post. Probably one or two others, also. To clarify, I am not an "atheistic evolutionist."
Although, maybe you aren't speaking of me. Assuredly, if you were, you would have realized this already.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks.
Also Mao had Darwin as, one of the first things taught in his new classes after the revolution.
The Epoch Times

One of the theories the communists employ is social Darwinism. The Communist Party applies Darwin’s inter-species competition to human relationships and human history, maintaining that class struggle is the only driving force for societal development. Struggle, therefore, became the primary “belief” of the Communist party, a tool in gaining and maintaining political control. Mao’s famous words plainly betray this logic of the survival of the fittest: “With 800 million people, how can it work without struggle?

Also, Karl Marx

KM wrote to Charles Darwin seeking consent to a dedication to Darwin appearing on an english language edition of KM's works. Darwin refused such consent.

Karl Marx biography quotes

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I would appologize for the confusion in the matter, but it appears that you read my editing and chose to ignore it.

fine, i'll answer again:

asexual reproduction does not accommodate genetic diversity nearly as well, if at all, obviously. ask your biology teacher.

for genetic diversity, is there a smaller number than two?

do tell?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I am assuming that you are speaking in reference to me with that post. Probably one or two others, also. To clarify, I am not an "atheistic evolutionist."
Although, maybe you aren't speaking of me. Assuredly, if you were, you would have realized this already.

No- not speaking to you. I don't even know who you are or what your beliefs are.
My post above was a general reply to the OP regarding what I see on this issue, both on ATS and off.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

These are my responses to 1) Hitler didn't push a Christian Agenda (that is bullsnap) and 2) He was a hit with Islam, can anyone guess why?.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Oh, my bad. I figured you were responding IN this topic TO this topic.
Nevermind.

Edit: Ah, shucks. I forgot I said I would leave this one alone at the OPs request. haha... I have a problem with this sort of topic. I like to fight both sides from the middle. I guess that is because THAT is where I stand. Unfortunately, that isn't a good thing unless I am breaking up an argument between irrationals on either side.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

These are my responses to 1) Hitler didn't push a Christian Agenda (that is bullsnap) and 2) He was a hit with Islam, can anyone guess why?.

that makes no sense, where are the responses?

feel free to exhibit where hitler acted in the name of the christian god...

hitler was also austrian, not persian.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Hey, I know this chick named... Well, on second thought, I won't give you her name.

Sure, asexual reproduction is as genetically diverse as the doctors want it to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join