It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 7, kills rare animals in Australian zoo rampage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
well cant believe this...

tell me your opinion...what the hell is going on in his brain?

BBC news

[edit on 3-10-2008 by angrydog]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I know, wtf is wrong with this kid? I read that he bludgeoned some of the lizards and tossed other animals alive into the crocodile's cage while smiling. 7 years old? Where the hell were the parents? This kid needs some serious therapy. Dahmer wasn't doing stuff quite this demented at this age...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think this should be a fair assessment to the flaws in our species.
Think about it a minute, do you ever see penguins,peregrine hawks,hermit crabs or dolphins intentionally maiming other animals for "fun"?
And we call humans the most intelligent beings...

By the way, if that was my kid, his ass would get a nice long willow switch several times.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I can't even begin to fathom what is going on in this kids mind

I've never heard a story like this one before. At seven years old, what happens in the first seven years of a childs life that makes him even think of doing these thing ? And smile while he's doing it ! I'm sorry i know he's just a kid, but that's one sick little bastard.

I think that when the zoo takes these parents to court they should also push the court to rule for a mandatory major psychological evaluation, and therapy because this kid really needs it. The child should also be placed on court supervision for years.

I think we have a future serial killer on our hands.

Did that boy actually think he was going to be able to kill a crocodile ? Maybe if he actually had gained access to the croc's enclosure he would've learned his lesson.

What kind of parents does this boy have that he was even outside by himself in the first place, at the age of seven ? Hopefully the parents will have enough sense to take the boy for psychlogical help on their own. I just can't imagine a child of that age doing something like that. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with that boy !

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
this story makes me speechless

i read a bit more about it and i heard his parents watch him a long time when he did that...so maybe they had fun too...

makes it more horrible

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's a shame he didn't run into the Bengal Tigers cage and try punching him in the nose !

End of problem..

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Is there another article that gives more information? If so do you have a link to it ?

How could the parents watch him doing those things, were they in there with him?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Firstly, I want to know how he managed access to the animals like this ?

And secondly if they will temporarily re-instate the death penalty for this vile child AND his parents.

Better yet, toss them all in the crocodile pit

We don't need people like this in our world

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
this story makes me speechless

i read a bit more about it and i heard his parents watch him a long time when he did that...so maybe they had fun too...

makes it more horrible

From what I read the boy broke into the zoo, there was nobody else around hence he had free reign in there and was able to cause so much damage.

How did his parents watch ?
Not that I am excusing them, not at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is absolutely heinous. At 7?? Just blows my mind how someone so young could do such horrific acts. Its almost like he was told that he would get a Wii if he killed a certain number. At some point even the most crass young kids realize that what they are doing is wrong (or at least I would hope they do).

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Snift

Oh, it exists in the animal kingdom too, and not just with critters in captivity.

However, it is certainly not the norm. And we humans are the masters of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have a very strong beleif in this I am a father of a number of children 3 of which suffer some anxiety issues so as a result I am in costant contact with pedeatricians child spycholigists and occupational theropist. This is Australia I can access all these services for free sure the boy is ( a little bastard ). But the question should not be what was he thinking it should be more like where were the parents I can speak from experience in saying that there would have been issues leading up to this event. It should'nt be about blaming the child people should be looking at the adults and proffessional around this child that unable to properlly supervise or diagnose what is in fact going on with him why is he showing such frustrations what is his home life like what help has his parents sort for him(remembering its free here) the parents should be held responsible for his actions and have their parenting skills assessed to see whether or not they are caring for this child properlly

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

And secondly if they will temporarily re-instate the death penalty for this vile child AND his parents.

I think this is a bit harsh. He's 7. He needs help.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
crazy kid brain...

or

future serial killer.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Snift

And we call humans the most intelligent beings...

Not picking on you...just so you know.

For every little "Damian" like this one, there are thousands of others perfectly normal ones, who don't hurt things for fun. Intelligence means nothing when it comes to being evil, or not. A lot of serial killers, if not most, are at the higher end of the intelligence scale, what they're missing is something else maybe even more important...empathy.

As for punishment...if this child is truely evil, punishment will mean nothing. If he's, say, developementally challenged, what good will it do? Punishment? Let's make sure he's capable of understanding it first, shall we?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

At one point, he tried scaling the outer enclosure himself to get to "Terry", the 11ft (3.3m) saltwater crocodile.

Pity he wasnt a better climber. That would have solved the problem of what to do about him legally, and we wouldnt have to worry about his future serial killer status.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Apparently, whatever it is it runs in the family.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

He said that the boy’s brother was part of a group that attacked Terry the crocodile about five years ago. Children often tried to throw rocks at the animal enclosures from a nearby hill, but this was by far the worst incident in the eight-year history of the zoo.

Either there are some bad genes in that family or the parenting is atrocious.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
well i couldnt find the article i saw before with the parents..maybe it wasnt true..but from what i see here now...seems its a "family" problem....

you cant make the lil boy guilty..i think the parents lost some teachings about life and living creatures....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join