It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't there any liberal threads on the political ideaology forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I would like to think that ATS is less bias than mainstream media but when I see the political ideology forum only having conservative topics stickied and no liberal topics stickied I have second thoughts about ATS.

My question is that do the mods there on that forum in particular have a conservative bias?

It makes a liberal like myself afraid to post there with the crazy people out in the world assuming that liberals are always against war no matter what or think that we are too weak and not good enough to lead our country.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It's become a "bad thing" to be liberal. It's a dirty word nowadays... that's probably your answer.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm with you on this one.

We need balance.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

ATS is Member Driven Content... Remember?

Post whatever you wish too in that forum that deals with the subject matter..

Semper

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Easy answer. There hasn't been any real content to post up - especially until recently. We've had the debates to post on now, but besides that there really hasn't been anything other than mud to sling.

I'm not sure why, but there has been a real campaign on this board to slander Obama and Biden. There are numerous topics that just won't go away about both of them. Half of them have absolutely no truth (such as Obama is the anti-Christ or Obama fans are racist) and the others are just facts spun out of control.

I guess what I am saying is that the liberals on this board aren't playing in the mud as much. While both of the candidates and both of the party's news stations have participated in plenty of mud slinging, the conservatives on this board seem to be more receptive to it lately.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Perhaps a more pertinent question would be:

Why are liberals complaining in Board Business & Questions instead of posting to the Political Ideologies forum?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
What's the point?

Why does the above mod have to include all liberals in the group he mentions? Quit taking the easy way out.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Why does the political ideology forum have to only have conservative threads stickied in the political ideology forum? Stop avoiding the issue.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Because we'd probably get ripped to shreds by the staunch conservatives out there. I've been noticing an increase in neocons/conservative attacks on liberal ideology here on ATS the last few months. People here accuse Obama of being a Muslim and say it's bad without any proof. This place has gotten pretty terrible in the last few months if you haven't noticed that by now.

I don't mean to slam ATS. I love this forum. It's just that this forum has degenerated a lot since the election started even with the trolling reforms in place.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I feel that post was pretty out of line, coming from a mod.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Why does the political ideology forum have to only have conservative threads stickied in the political ideology forum? Stop avoiding the issue.

Why DOES the political ieology forum have to only have conservative threads stickied in the political forum? I have an issue with your issue with me.

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

That post was uncalled for. Do you have anything to contribute?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If you'll check the homepage, you'll see a whole listing of subjects from the McCain and Obama sides...issues from both sides...gee, surprise, surprise.

Just click on the HOME box on the far left hand side, and there you go. Feel free to post on any of those topics from whichever angle you prefer...so long as you are on topic, you're golden. Happy posting...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

That post was uncalled for. Do you have anything to contribute?

What is your issue with me? You said I am avoiding the issue. Look above. otherwise I have contributed, "What is the point"?

What do you think you are going to convince someone of something about liberal ideology on an internet bulletin board? Better to involve people in discussion and share our minds.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It's just like SteveR said: people love to slander 'liberal' like it's a filthy thing.

Also, like Semp said, the content is created by us, so this is a moot point. Unless you would make the argument that mods moderate against liberals specifically and unfairly?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

ATS is a place for free speech. There is nothing wrong with liberal ideology.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

My argument is that there are only conservative threads stickied on the top of the forum. I think there should be liberal pro-Democrat threads stickied there too.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Both sides complaining.

All is right with ATS.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I'll have to put on my thinking cap and investigate that one!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If you look at some of the stickied threads, it appears that what today is the "political ideology" forum was in one incarnation (on AbovePolitics.com, maybe?) the "conservative forum." I don't know if there was a "liberal forum" on AbovePolitics that just didn't have any sticky-worthy threads, or if there wasn't any interest.

I have a couple thoughts on why the "political ideology" forum appears to be dominated by conservative discussion (discussion, not moderation).

First is that if ATS overall has a political slant, it tends (in my opinion) towards libertarianism, which tends to be "conservative" in U.S. terms.

Second is that while it is true that since the 1980s the Republican party has systematically and pretty effectively turned "liberalism" into a bad word in much of America, political liberalism has not suffered the identity crisis that political conservativism has over the last twenty-five or thirty years.

Thus, there is more to talk about in terms of defining what conservatism is, what the core values and issues are, and what has happened to the Republican party to turn it away from how conservatism was originally defined.

top topics

join