It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My favorite politician would be..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The one brave enough to set up a simple call in line for there daily voting docet. How hard would it be to have a 1-800# that when you call it answers. Todays bill "the bailout bill" press 1 for yes i support it or 2 i do not support. Make the numbers known and i believe this is all a democracy would need to figure out who to vote for.

I.E. Sen. #^$#%&^ district voted no on this bill by a 85-15% margin and he still voted yes. He therefore infact believes 100% that he is smarter than you or was hidding info from you.

Let's make that a law! i would support that pork. Seems easy enough but hey who likes accountability to those you serve.

I bet you would even be able to get a PSA to get the number out. How empowered would the people be.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

people should take this seriously. i know at first thought a 800 # may sound silly or trite. But i can't think of any better way to find out how accurately a politician makes his votes to what we desire...simple concept yes. but remember: KISS
Keep It Simple Stupid
i love this...star and flag.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
yes but who will be responsible for making sure that :

1. all votes are counted
2. noone votes twice.
3. governmetn actually goes with it
4.stop government from doing whatever the hell it wants anyway,

its a great idea. but not feasible

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I agree with point 1 of yours but, the fear of failure should not stiffle our chance to grow. And i think it could get close.

#2 I'm not a telecommunications wizz but you would think there would be a simple way or at least A way.

At least it gets a closer and would definetly show a pattern by reps. for the people.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

#2 I'm not a telecommunications wizz but you would think there would be a simple way or at least A way.

the fact that people voted more thne once was actually a big problem for american idol and other vote by phone programs. people bought some kind of auto callers that kept calling the same number over and over.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I also think we could get past #2 with a simple enter the last 4 of your social and a password. Only let that individual obviosly vote once per issue.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
not feasable? i trust american idol voting more than the voting machines we are soposed to trust....of course it's feasable, the word "can't" should not be an option here. don't be a no-load can't %#$^ and feed the belief that we can;'t have our voice heard please! deny ignorance!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i guess your right with enough time and money alot can be accomplished. if the government was serious about gettign the people more involved this would be a great way to do it. more people would vote and that means more people would have their voices heard and no more standing outside for hours waitng to vote.

press 1 for mccain/palin press 2 for barrack/biden.

*2*

we are sorry we didnt get that please try again

*2*

*2*

thank you for voting for mccain/palin

*wtf*

have a nice day

jsut a little something that i thought might happen

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

possible, but not talking about election lines talking about opinion lines. I don't even think the cost would be great. I think it would be belittled and never mentioned by the MSM though so the toughest part would be getting the word out.

I also do not mean it as my congressman grabs a sheet of paper that tells him how to vote, i mean it as an accountability measure to show there level of attachment to there voters in there precint.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
i guess your right with enough time and money alot can be accomplished. if the government was serious about gettign the people more involved this would be a great way to do it. more people would vote and that means more people would have their voices heard and no more standing outside for hours waitng to vote.

press 1 for mccain/palin press 2 for barrack/biden.

*2*

*2*

*2*

thank you for voting for mccain/palin

*wtf*

have a nice day

jsut a little something that i thought might happen

cool spin, and not to much a stretch either... i could see this happening.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Tesla good to see you again. How about online then. same concept with user names and passwords. Although thats propably easier to manipulate.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Had a smoke and solved the problem..... Just have Credit companies, light co., power co., water co., trash co., take care of it. They always get there money, usually over the phone and get it right.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sorry, it's a one liner, but I just gotta say it...
My favorite politician would be a DEAD politician

top topics

join