It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Denier Arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Holocaust Denier Arrested

www.theage.com.au

AUSTRALIAN Holocaust revisionist Gerald Fredrick Toben has been arrested at London's Heathrow airport.

British police executed a European Union arrest warrant issued by German authorities at Heathrow late last night Melbourne time.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me why "denying the holocaust" is apparently illegal in Europe but denying God or the government or anything else is fine?

Please don't say your beliefs on whether it happened or it didn't happen, that's not what I'm asking, I'm asking why is it ILLEGAL TO DENY it when it is in fact perfectly legal to deny ANY OTHER THING on teh face of the earth. I can write a book denying that George Bush exists and saying that the US government is a myth and confabulation and it would be perfectly legal, so why is denying some random event from 60 years ago illegal?

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just want to re iterate one last time please please PLEASE DO NOT say that "It's illegal because it happened and people are denying that it did occur" well no duh of course George Bush HAPPENED too he exists and he's alive and Queen Elizabeth HAPPENED she's actually REAL and yet if I 'denied' them I wouldn't be arrested, so that excuse holds zero water, please someone explain to me why denying ONE THING THAT HAPPENED in particular is illegal irrespective of whether it actually happened or not?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Out of sight out of mind?

soory for one line

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Out of sight out of mind?

soory for one line

Please elaborate, I don't know what you mean.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I think he's trying to state that if he is out of the eye of the public and not bringing attention to holocaust denial, he'll simply be forgotten.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Denying the holocaust isn't illegal at all.

However:

The arrest warrant accuses 64-year-old Toben of publishing material on the internet "of an anti-Semitic and/or revisionist nature" in Australia, Germany and other countries.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

He was arrested under the "defaming the dead" law that they heavily enforce in Germany.

If he wants to spew his nonsense he should stay away from the countries that enforce these laws.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
Denying the holocaust isn't illegal at all.

However:

The arrest warrant accuses 64-year-old Toben of publishing material on the internet "of an anti-Semitic and/or revisionist nature" in Australia, Germany and other countries.

Well firstly you're wrong in that because he was arrested: In 1999 he was imprisoned for nine months at Mannheim Prison for breaching Germany's Holocaust Law, Section 130, that prohibits anyone from "defaming the dead".[6]

and secondly how does being anti semitic get you arrested? I'm not well versed in European law but here in the u.s. if I post anti semitic material or publish that I hate blacks or I hate jews etc there's nothing illegal about that.
So.....I'm still waiting for an explanation.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's illegal because quite a few countries in Europe have laws against it. Simple as that.

reference

Apparently those countries that it directly affected don't care what a person's belief is about it either, as long as they keep it to themselves, as belief structures should be.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Still doesn't explain why ONE religious group (comprising a very small percentage of the population, worldwide) has been able to claim it's 'illegal' to state one's opinion about the holocaust industry.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
How else can Israel keep pretending to be the poor little oppressed country that it's not? Israel has been the aggressor toward the Palestinians for years while at the same time demanding world pity. I don't deny that it happened....but arresting someone for it????
Ridiculous.

We are slowly progressing toward the implementation of "thought crime".

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
Well firstly you're wrong in that because he was arrested: In 1999 he was imprisoned for nine months at Mannheim Prison for breaching Germany's Holocaust Law, Section 130, that prohibits anyone from "defaming the dead".[6]

How am I wrong? I said denying the holocaust isn't illegal, which in my country, isn't. (Which happens to be part of europe)

You were speaking of "Europe" not of Germany specifically, and as far as I see on that wiki link not even every country has a law against denying the holocaust.

And in some other countries the law is not about denying the holocaust, but about actively promoting that view.

Please speak of specific countries rather than Europe as a whole.

When a few states in the U.S do things differently people also speak of *that state* and not of *the U.S.*

Then further note that some countries are specifically speaking of the Nazi regime and not just the holocaust as in "a mass slaughter".

[edit on 1/10/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
It's illegal because quite a few countries in Europe have laws against it. Simple as that.

reference

Apparently those countries that it directly affected don't care what a person's belief is about it either, as long as they keep it to themselves, as belief structures should be.

Hmm indeed I see what you're getting at ol' chap. Yet there's that tiny problem that holocaust deniers believe that holocaust BELIEVERS are just that, harboring a 'belief' in something that never happened, so from the holocaust deniers point of view, the PROPONENTS of the holocaust belief side should keep their views to themselves as well. How would you refute that I am most curious? So seems a tad unfair that the holocaust believers are allowed to write books about it and therefore NOT 'keep it to themselves' as you said, yet deniers are not allowed this same right.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-

Originally posted by rufusdrak

How am I wrong? I said denying the holocaust isn't illegal, which in my country, isn't. (Which happens to be part of europe)

You were speaking of "Europe" not of Germany specifically, and as far as I see on that wiki link not even every country has a law against denying the holocaust.

And in some other countries the law is not about denying the holocaust, but about actively promoting that view.

Please speak of specific countries rather than Europe as a whole.

When a few states in the U.S do things differently people also speak of *that state* and not of *the U.S.*

I am sorry I apologize for my misinterpretation of your views.

God bless the 1st amendment, at times I feel like ditching this sinking ship of a country but other times I see how grateful I should be I'm not over there in repressive old europe.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Because if the holocaust is ever shown to be made up of lies (or even mostly lies), the whole underlying reason for Israel's existence is called into question. And guess what happens if THAT should ever happen? Another diaspora.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Because if the holocaust is ever shown to be made up of lies (or even mostly lies), the whole underlying reason for Israel's existence is called into question. And guess what happens if THAT should ever happen? Another diaspora.

Ah..I see. We wouldn't want that now would we. Thanks for the frightening thought.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, I know an entire FAMILY .. extended family .. who openly deny the holocaust and the industry it's bred. And THEY have never been arrested.

In fact, they would LAUGH if anyone attempted to lay a finger on them

Because they are jews .. jews from Poland and Russia. They lived in Europe throughout almost the entirety of WW2.

It was THEY who informed me .. and provided black and white evidence .. that the jews were claiming 6 million jews had died ... in World War ONE in addition to WW2.

Furthermore, they travel to Europe reasonably frequently, yet have NEVER been 'arrested' for their views.

Wonder why that is ?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Still doesn't explain why ONE religious group (comprising a very small percentage of the population, worldwide) has been able to claim it's 'illegal' to state one's opinion about the holocaust industry.

14 Countries and the European Union is not ONE religious group. These laws were passed by individual governments.

The question was posed "Why is it illegal?" I answered it, without any prejudice.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Which in turn reminds me of Brother Nathaniel

How come 'they' haven't attempted to arrest him ?

He's out there in cyberspace, yelling for all he's worth about the jews and the holocaust industry

It would be GREAT publicity if they arrested Brother Nathaniel

How come they haven't ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join