Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"Child Abuse"

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I think that's called dark humour, not to everyone's tastes but I doubt he really believes that.


And I'm sure children understand "dark humor"..........to me, this kind of talk is abuse. When children hear these kinds of things they don't understand that that "really wasn't what he meant"!! I feel that children that misbehave as described in this thread are purely products of their environment. They are raised around crap like that.....therefore, that's all they know. I too, was raised with the fear of God in me, that if I misbehaved I would be beat with a belt. It never happened................I was too afraid to misbehave. I was also taught RESPECT. That is what I think is missing from today's youth. A clear example is the 18 YEAR OLD author of the thread.




posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
And I'm sure children understand "dark humor"..........to me, this kind of talk is abuse. When children hear these kinds of things they don't understand that that "really wasn't what he meant"!! I feel that children that misbehave as described in this thread are purely products of their environment. They are raised around crap like that.....therefore, that's all they know.

errr...he was saying it to fellow ATS members as an amusing thread, hence it being in the "Rant" section, what children has he threatened with abuse? You're a little reactionary there aren't you?
As I say I'm not having a go at you, I just think you're a little sensitive and have took this the wrong way.


I too, was raised with the fear of God in me, that if I misbehaved I would be beat with a belt. It never happened................I was too afraid to misbehave. I was also taught RESPECT. That is what I think is missing from today's youth. A clear example is the 18 YEAR OLD author of the thread.

I couldn't agree more, that was basically the exact same point I was making.




posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
errr...he was saying it to fellow ATS members as an amusing thread, hence it being in the "Rant" section, what children has he threatened with abuse? You're a little reactionary there aren't you?
As I say I'm not having a go at you, I just think you're a little sensitive and have took this the wrong way.



I apologize...............I found NOTHING amusing about what he was saying and I am VERY "reactionary" and "sensitive"....especially when we are discussing children. Reading another posters response "that's why I have dogs instead of kids" makes my stomach turn....but that's a whole other discussion. I don't take anyones responses to me on ATS personal............there is only one other person here that knows me personally and his opinion is the only one that matters. In other words............I never thought you were "having a go at me"..............we all have a right to our opinions!!



posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Reading another posters response "that's why I have dogs instead of kids" makes my stomach turn....but that's a whole other discussion.


I know what you mean, I hate dogs as well.


Sorry! I should have warned you about Tetsuo's sense of humor, but I am a horrible person as well.



posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Sorry! I should have warned you about Tetsuo's sense of humor, but I am a horrible person as well.


That's because you 'look like a woman but smell like a man"..................BA HA HA



posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus

Originally posted by Jonna
Sorry! I should have warned you about Tetsuo's sense of humor, but I am a horrible person as well.


That's because you 'look like a woman but smell like a man"..................BA HA HA


AHHHHHHHHH! I must hang around too many androgenous people because all of my avatars have looked like men to me. And for your information, I DO NOT SMELL! It was the dog I tell ya, THE DOG!



posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
AHHHHHHHHH! I must hang around too many androgenous people because all of my avatars have looked like men to me. And for your information, I DO NOT SMELL! It was the dog I tell ya, THE DOG!


ROFL
this avatar is much better (more masculine)than the last one...................you had better kick that dog because he's still blaming you for the smell



posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So does everyone agree an occasional swift slap on the ass isn't child abuse? not talking about a manslap.



posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
So does everyone agree an occasional swift slap on the ass isn't child abuse? not talking about a manslap.


Yeah a quick smack on the botty isnt considered child abuse.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
[As for Venus: You obviously dont know what my intentions were when I posted this, and your replies do little to push the convo forward.


"What if your kid does something really stupid and deserves to recieve a severe lashing?

I say, skin the little bastard! "

Now how the hell did I misunderstand that? "severe lashing" "skin the little bastards".......please explain what you really meant!!!!!

Looks like someone isnt familiar with sarcasm. Venus, this is Sarcasm, Sarcasm this is Venus. Good now youre introduced...What I was really doing was exaggerating to make a point.

here's a little something from another post from the author I read yesterday:

In summation, soccer moms are fat, ugly wenches that cant control their own kids (just smack the little bastard if he curses, why are we turning our future generations into such pussies??? [V] child welfare! If I ever caught my son* cursing Id slap him right in the teeth. Problem solved).

Again, exaggeration (about the slap to the teeth, not soccer moms, they still suck.)

[Edited on 3/24/2004 by Venus]



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus

Originally posted by John Nada
I think that's called dark humour, not to everyone's tastes but I doubt he really believes that.


And I'm sure children understand "dark humor"..........
Hahaha, what does that have to do with anything? Its not like Im going up to kids and threatening them for a laugh...
to me, this kind of talk is abuse.
Interesting. Really. Please go on...
When children hear these kinds of things they don't understand that that "really wasn't what he meant"!! I feel that children that misbehave as described in this thread are purely products of their environment. They are raised around crap like that.....therefore, that's all they know.
Not true. Its when kids arent disciplined that they misbehave and cause trouble. It doesnt make them violent (unless they have something wrong with them in the first place).
I too, was raised with the fear of God in me, that if I misbehaved I would be beat with a belt. It never happened................I was too afraid to misbehave. I was also taught RESPECT.
You seem confused. First you argue that physical discipline is "wrong", now you say it taught you "RESPECT".
That is what I think is missing from today's youth. A clear example is the 18 YEAR OLD author of the thread.
Oh my, I forgot my age, what ever shall I do? Oh wait, Im 18. Thanks for reminding me Venus.



posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Venus
Reading another posters response "that's why I have dogs instead of kids" makes my stomach turn....but that's a whole other discussion.


I know what you mean, I hate dogs as well.


Sorry! I should have warned you about Tetsuo's sense of humor, but I am a horrible person as well.


Yes. We are the devil.



posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
First off...................I don't have a problem with spanking a childs behind. I have spanked my own children (At least one of them). I do however, have a problem with comments like "smack them in the teeth" and "skin the little bastards". I'm sorry if I don't understand your brand of humor...........In the future, maybe you could write what you really mean instead of coming off as some kind of abusive idiot without an ounce of class. Words hurt kids as much as violence. I'm not trying to start a war with you....I just think you need to see what kind of person your sarcasm makes you look like



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I got spanked as a child, but it never really stopped me from doing what I wanted. It just made me plan things out better so that I did not get caught the next time.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That just goes to show that different kids sometime require different teaching lessons.

That, or they didn't hitted you hard enough lol..





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join