"Child Abuse"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Maybe to us slapping isnt beating but to the kid it is, here in Hong Kong kids report their parents to the authorites for constant slapping and abuse its disgusting.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So the title of this thread is misleading then?

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by drunk]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Pain is an illusion, no but really I agree with WorldWatcher, abusing your child is when you do some f'd up stuff such as, hitting them with high heel shoes, your fist, making them bleed, etc...

I don't see anything wrong with a small pop on the butt.

Hell usually kids don't even cry cause their spanked, just cause they know there parent is now upset with them.

If my parents didn't spank me as a kid I would've walked all over them.

btw

I use to get tons of licks in jr high I mean tons. Is that consider child abuse? I mean hell they use a freaking 3 foot long wood yard stick looking pos, or Mr Grady he'd use his paddle that looked like a ping pong paddle, but bigger.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Lysergic]

Boo it ended up last post on page, booo I say!

But about HK drunk... damn... How do they keep their children in line? Threaten to take away their Lineage account?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
it this society...as a whole we are becoming weak...relying on others to solve our problems for us, pass the blame, pass the buck...same #. I don't like what my mommy told me cuz all my friends are doing it, i'll call the cops.

parents spank your kids if they are bad. but spanking shouldn't be the only form of discipline.

In my house we have levels of discipline.
Time Out
Grounding (taking away priviledges etc)
Spanking
then a good can of Whoop Ass (Haven't had to reach for the can yet, but we'll see)

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Simple the kids see counsellors with their parents, i would assume thats the same world wide.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
it this society...as a whole we are becoming weak...relying on others to solve our problems for us, pass the blame, pass the buck...same #. I don't like what my mommy told me cuz all my friends are doing it, i'll call the cops.

parents spank your kids if they are bad. but spanking shouldn't be the only form of discipline.

In my house we have levels of discipline.
Time Out
Grounding (taking away priviledges etc)
Spanking
then a good can of Whoop Ass (Haven't had to reach for the can yet, but we'll see)

Thats what i'm saying levels of discipline yeah i was smacked on the leg a few times,grounded but never ever beaten!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Well maybe if you bothered to read the opening post you'd know what the thread was really about.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Child abuse is physically harming a child.

Aren't we harming our children far more in the long run by letting them turn into tearaways in the future?

That's what I call REAL harm. I don't agree with beating a child, that's just disgusting, but the odd smack across the arse now has never done anyone any harm, in fact more good.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I say they need to know when to behave, a spanking lets them know that, otherwise just let them be hellions and when they get older and keep talking # to someone because they don't think there is any consquences.

Then they get a boot to the face and wonder why

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Well maybe if you bothered to read the opening post you'd know what the thread was really about.

I did read his opening post but still t6he title of the thread doesnt fit the post (to me anyway)!:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What people won't accept is that, everyone is different, and their will always be some kids that can't be brought back to reason with words.

Get over it. Pain is a part of life.

I did read his opening post but still t6he title of the thread doesnt fit the post (to me anyway)!:bnghd:

Dude, you've become so picky since you're a mod lol (just kidding buddy)

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Err Child abuse is beating a child is it not?

In the state I live in child abuse is when you leave a mark on your child. A one inch bruise is consider child abuse. Besides the fact that I have had actual experience with this, I also work in a law firm.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Physical abuse includes:

Bruises or cuts
Head injuries
Poisoning, including drug-affected infants
Fractures, sprains
Burns or scalds
Internal injuries
Electrical shocks
Death
Although not recommended, spanking is not abuse. However, a spanking which leaves marks or bruises on a child might be abuse.

Everyone agreeing with the author of this thread needs to go back and read his original post. His attitude is disgusting and he is certainly no role model for any child. If you leave a bruise on a child or are "pissed" because you had to attend a parenting class....you are just as sad!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Everyone agreeing with the author of this thread needs to go back and read his original post. His attitude is disgusting and he is certainly no role model for any child. If you leave a bruise on a child or are "pissed" because you had to attend a parenting class....you are just as sad!

I am not concerned with the original points made by the author, but have made my own points from it. That's what a discussion thread is all about.

If you think what I had to say is sick then I'd suggest that it is indeed you who is the sick one. Just let them run rampant, nice parenting. There's a time for love and then there is a time for firmness.

As for your list:

Bruises or cuts
Head injuries
Poisoning, including drug-affected infants
Fractures, sprains
Burns or scalds
Internal injuries
Electrical shocks
Death

I would never inflict any of this on a child, nor was it inflicted upon me when I was a child. But it is good to give a child the "impression" that you "could" be capable of it if they did something really bad.

If you are loving to your kids and then they do something that gets you really upset and angry, then hopefully it will make them feel bad enough to not want to hurt you or get you mad again.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
John

One question - do you have kids?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That little itch you simply cannot over-ride mentally, and are therefore forced to use any ammount of physical force since one's mental aqcuity cannot percieve any different route "at the point of action".

now tell me, if your child set the house on fire, wouldn't that prove how neglectful the parent was of his child in the first place?
the whole point of bringing up kids is to learn how to value patience above all, placing their time above anything else.
i dont want this to turn into a "you're just a teenager how would you know" argument, im just saying i totally disagree with you,
i am sorry, but beating your child up is wrong, a punch lasts a life-time, the psychological impact alone affects how the child responds to you some 20yrs later.
a truly disgusted,
Cyrus.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

That little itch you simply cannot over-ride mentally, and are therefore forced to use any ammount of physical force since one's mental aqcuity cannot percieve any different route "at the point of action".

now tell me, if your child set the house on fire, wouldn't that prove how neglectful the parent was of his child in the first place?

well that was just an example but you've also got to take that old saying under advisement, boys will be boys. They're always going to push things and see how far they can go, you've got to know when to tell them enough is enough

the whole point of bringing up kids is to learn how to value patience above all, placing their time above anything else.

that's never been disputed, I couldn't agree more. But sometimes you have to be firm rather than nice, again think of the old saying "You've got to be cruel to be kind" sometimes. And I don't mean cruel as in beating them dammit!!!

Cruel could mean taking away their favourite GI Joe, it depends on the situation.

i dont want this to turn into a "you're just a teenager how would you know" argument, im just saying i totally disagree with you,
i am sorry, but beating your child up is wrong, a punch lasts a life-time, the psychological impact alone affects how the child responds to you some 20yrs later.
a truly disgusted,
Cyrus.

Again, who said anything about "beating" them up??? That IS disgusting, but I think the thread is more about, for me anyway, how crazy the definition of "child abuse" has got.

Some loving parent who decides that enough is enough and decides to give their child a good whack across the backside does not deserve to be compared to some string vested redneck, who comes home every night and beats up their kids. That is the true "child abuse".

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Again, who said anything about "beating" them up??? That IS disgusting, but I think the thread is more about, for me anyway, how crazy the definition of "child abuse" has got.

Thank you John. At least someone got the point.

As for Venus: You obviously dont know what my intentions were when I posted this, and your replies do little to push the convo forward.

Cyrus: You misinterperated my post. Im not advocating brutal beatings, but I am advocating physical discipline (a smack, the force applied behind said slap would depend on the age of the child).

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
[As for Venus: You obviously dont know what my intentions were when I posted this, and your replies do little to push the convo forward.

"What if your kid does something really stupid and deserves to recieve a severe lashing?

I say, skin the little bastard! "

Now how the hell did I misunderstand that? "severe lashing" "skin the little bastards".......please explain what you really meant!!!!!

here's a little something from another post from the author I read yesterday:

In summation, soccer moms are fat, ugly wenches that cant control their own kids (just smack the little bastard if he curses, why are we turning our future generations into such pussies??? [V] child welfare! If I ever caught my son* cursing Id slap him right in the teeth. Problem solved).

[Edited on 3/24/2004 by Venus]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
"What if your kid does something really stupid and deserves to recieve a severe lashing?

I say, skin the little bastard! "

Now how the hell did I misunderstand that? "severe lashing" "skin the little bastards".......please explain what you really meant!!!!!
[Edited on 3/24/2004 by Venus]

I think that's called dark humour, not to everyone's tastes but I doubt he really believes that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join