It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Child Abuse"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
One of my biggest qualms about our society is child abuse.

Is reprimanding your child really abuse?

What if your kid does something really stupid and deserves to recieve a severe lashing?

I say, skin the little bastard!

We are molding our future generations into weak little brats who are accustomed to getting what they want because mommy and daddy are too scared to hit little Junior. Child Services is just one big joke. They would have you thrown in jail for smacking Junior when he smashes all of the plates or lights the curtains on fire.

In my opinion, some child abuse is good for Junior.

He will learn respect for his parents, which is such a rare thing these days.

Just look to the past, when "Child Abuse" wasnt even a word...

*Dad walks through the door*

Dad: "Hey Junior, how was your day at school?"

Junior: "Aw shucks, pops. I got into a little trouble with the principal."

*Vein on dads forehead starts to show*

Dad: "What kind of trouble, son?"

Junior: "Well, I didnt do my homework. And when Mrs. Jones asked me for it, I told her to "shut up you stupid broad". Then she sent me to the Principal, and when I got there I cussed him out."

*SLAP*

Dad: "Now son, that hurt me more than it hurt you. When you go into school tomorrow I want you to apologize to your teacher and principal, understand?"

Junior (holding his jaw): "Yes pop, first thing in the morning!"

Fin.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You are so right about kids today. They are horrible little brats. (One reason I will continue to have dogs, not kids.)

It is ridiculous that you can't spank your kid. I knew someone who grabbed his 11 year old son after he used that smart mouth once too often. He left an one inch bruise. Grandma reported it and a social worker was involved. He almost was put in jail FOR A ONE INCH BRUISE THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT! (This child is now a drug addict on the run from the law and when he is caught will probably do 15 years.)

My husband has two kids. His son got in trouble for smoking weed at the bus stop. (The school claimed that once the child leaves the house he is on school property.) Besides getting suspended for 5 days (a vacation for him!), we had to attend parenting classes and be told we were the bad guys! The classes were more of a punishment for us then him.

The system sucks!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady Lily
You are so right about kids today. They are horrible little brats. (One reason I will continue to have dogs, not kids.)

It is ridiculous that you can't spank your kid. I knew someone who grabbed his 11 year old son after he used that smart mouth once too often. He left an one inch bruise. Grandma reported it and a social worker was involved. He almost was put in jail FOR A ONE INCH BRUISE THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT! (This child is now a drug addict on the run from the law and when he is caught will probably do 15 years.)

My husband has two kids. His son got in trouble for smoking weed at the bus stop. (The school claimed that once the child leaves the house he is on school property.) Besides getting suspended for 5 days (a vacation for him!), we had to attend parenting classes and be told we were the bad guys! The classes were more of a punishment for us then him.

The system sucks!

I will say that we DO need Social Services, but only for cases of unprovoked attacks and parents that get out of hand (example: punching your child in the face). Otherwise, SS is just a giant waste of time and money.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I agree there is a need for social services but have you ever tried to discipline a child and they say, "if you hit me, I'll call the cops".

There is a place for social workers but to say a bruise or a spanking is "abuse" is ridiculous!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady Lily
ever tried to discipline a child and they say, "if you hit me, I'll call the cops".

There is a place for social workers but to say a bruise or a spanking is "abuse" is ridiculous!

THATS WHAT I HATE THE MOST!!!

"If you hit me Ill have you arrested...waaah, waaah, waaah..."

That just pisses me off to no end. And it makes you want to really abuse the little #.

And yes, it is ridiculous about the bruise.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
KayEm's two are brats too. One's a perfect version of his neanderthal dad. The other is a whining little git. Both of them have at times tried to get KayEm and myself to split. Unfortunately we're stuck in her mothers house until INS get their fingers out and give me permission to work. But once we are out of here, things will be different. And if they don't like the Pisky's regime, they can feck right off to granny.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Wow, welcome to the Stone Age.
Population: Cave Men.

Violence solves nothing and is the weak-man's excuse for not taking the time to maybe...I don't know... TALK to their children?

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by TheRaven]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Raven,

Do you have any kids? Have you ever tried to "talk" to a 14 year old who knows EVERYTHING? Try it some time and feel the frustration.

I don't advocate beating a child but a good swat on the a** when they are young would help society a lot.

My two steps were not disciplined like this and we have gone thru hell and back with them.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Raven, obviously you don't have children and are obviously still a child yourself because you don't have the slightest f**king idea what you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I agree with Raven beating a kid when he/she is young is no way to bring up a child later in life the kid wil become more rebellious, O.K maybe a smack on the bum to be administered once in a while but not a severe beating that can be illegal.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I agree with Raven beating a kid when he/she is young is no way to bring up a child later in life the kid wil become more rebellious, O.K maybe a smack on the bum to be administered once in a while but not a severe beating that can be illegal.

Who the hell here is talking about severe beatings???!!!

Who's talking about beatings full stop?

I'll tell you this right now that most of my friends whose parents let them do whatever they wanted and didn't punish them are/have been in prison. They are scumbags now.

When I did something completely out of line when I was young (and when I was young I thought I was always in the right, we all did) my father would give me a good whack with his slipper and ground me.
After a while, he didn't even have to do that, he'd just give me that look like he was about to and it'd put the fear of God into me of what "might" come.

I'll tell you this right now, I look back and I realise that he saved my life. He's the most loving and kind man in the world and because he had to make the hard choice of smacking me across the arse of whatever saved my life.

And it wasn't that I didn't do bad stuff in case he'd hit me, it was because I didn't want to let my parents down and hurt them so bad that they'd have to resort to that. In the end it was showing respect for the trust they put in me.

I thank my lucky stars they raised me the way they did.

If your parents don't even seem to get angry when when you do something really bad then it proves they don't give a s**t!

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Err Child abuse is beating a child is it not?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Every once in a while a kid will need a spanking, unless you got them on some gay time out crap-which we all know works-wtfevah

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Do you have any idea what is constituted as "child abuse" these days? You can't even spank your child if they set an old house on fire or something. No wonder these little bastards today are running amuck!! They get away with murder, literally.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I don't think 1-3 swats on the rear flank is really child abuse, I mean #, sometimes you just gotta be like *SHHHHBAM* attention please. Hell I remember being a kid, I use to test my parents, just to see how far I can push it.

Never got a spanking after age 11 though.

Instead I enjoyed lengthy grounding periods.

In which I learned to type lengthy correctly.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Do you have any idea what is constituted as "child abuse" these days?

Child abuse is physically harming a child.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
define harm

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Beating,bruising,inflicting pain on 1's body.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
slapping a child on the tush or back of his thighs is NOT beating or harming him.

yeah it's gonna sting, but only for a little while.

I was disciplined as a child and my children are being disciplined by me. Granted...the discipline i received was alot worse than what I dish out, but my kids get the message and they are not whiny, snivelling, weak little brats who talk back. My kids know their place and how to behave, they have their bad days...but a little discipline makes them think twice before throwing a fit or acting out.

btw..my mom use make me stick my hands out and then rap my knuckles with a ruler (think she learned that from my catholic school teacher)

[Edited on 3-24-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Pain is an illusion, no but really I agree with WorldWatcher, abusing your child is when you do some f'd up stuff such as, hitting them with high heel shoes, your fist, making them bleed, etc...

I don't see anything wrong with a small pop on the butt.

Hell usually kids don't even cry cause their spanked, just cause they know there parent is now upset with them.

If my parents didn't spank me as a kid I would've walked all over them.

btw

I use to get tons of licks in jr high I mean tons. Is that consider child abuse? I mean hell they use a freaking 3 foot long wood yard stick looking pos, or Mr Grady he'd use his paddle that looked like a ping pong paddle, but bigger.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join