It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Media NLP Danger! READ!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluewaterservant
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

pure energy has certainly done research on quite a few ways to program people.

Yes, because I enjoy teaching and training people, I also thoroughly enjoy being able to help people with the difficulties in their lives, for instance addiction therapy, drug counseling and other well meaning applications of persuasion and "programming" people as you put it or giving people the passion and motivation to follow their dreams of being musicians, or just helping people to be more confident in their daily interactions.

The keys that lock the door to freedom, also unlock the doors to freedom!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hell yea!!! What is MSM anyways, its' owned by a select few individuals all belonging to the same "clubs" or "groups" or whatever you want to call them. It's just like in the book 1984, they edit history, edit the present, use faulty logic, and you are very right, this is WAR.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't see the big shocker here.

Hasn't the media been doing this since at least the 9-11 attacks?

And don't we all know it?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It is on. It is happening. They will do as they will without Congress.

Madness. Question is how long are we going to be brutalized and raped.

Personally I like to be kissed when I'm getting .......

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
www.centerpointe.com... one source of nlb

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

We have always been at war in that sense, people but not myself have always believed what is shown to us in the media, alot of people do not seem to have the brains to think "ya ok whatever" look at war of the worlds and the wide spread panic that cause? or did it really cause that. what if that was done today? how many people would freak out? well maybe only the ones who still only have a radio and never got the chance to sit here like some of us do and research and come to our own conclusions, I love listening to the radio in my truck, later breaking news. by the time you find out what really happened all the news outlets have spread theories. would that not cause panic? but most media outlets want that breaking story, it looks like this.............3 hrs later this is what happened. but you never hear oops we made a mistake by saying this when it was that.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh no, not another NLP thread... Again, NLP is completely ineffective through TV... it just doesn't work that way, believe me.
They are just using basic psychological and manipulation tricks, many you can find in sales books.

The problem is these modern NLP teachers mix NLP with many different forms of hypnosis, psychological tricks and many other things and call it NLP which is completely wrong not to mention stupid...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Star and Flag!

I agree, and believe we at ATS should reevaluate our acceptance of what a reliable source is!

This could be a good research project for all of us! If we have time that is!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the media is screwed, no matter what they are talking about, where i live a school bus got clipped by a flatbed semi. reports at the scene where and 8 yr old boy had died, several hrs later it turned out to be a girl. i can't remember much cause it was about a yr ago but i remember listening to how much the story changed as the the info that came available. breaking news stories are theorized as seen fit by the person reporting it. i have yet to hear on of them say earlier reporst were false, they just change the story and continue on............kinda like politics?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here's another sublte example hot off the presses for those wanting samples of all sorts of NLP manipulation going on as we speak to goad you all into voting for the bailout, sorry I mean rescue:

Here's a quote from presidential candidate John Mcnovicaine: (woops was that an ad hominem NLP slip?)

"The first thing I would do is say, 'Let's not call it a bailout. Let's call it a rescue,'" McCain told CNN. He said, "Americans are frightened right now" and political leaders must give them an immediate solution and a longer-term approach to the problem."

(source: news.yahoo.com...)

Now suddenly, here is what some of the MSM (main stream media) are reporting:

Suddenly before your very eyes ladies and gentleman by way of cheap gimmick they merely 'repackage' the deal and call it now a 'rescue plan' which serves as an escalation in language meant to subconsciously pull at your fear and make you consider it with more weight and seriousness.
Sort of like how Toyota took the Echo, threw off the body, took the same motor same everything put a new body on it and called it the Yaris, now we have the "RESCUE PLAN" meant to scare us by driving at our subconscious worries, "Wow...if we need a RESCUE that must mean we're really in serious trouble...I guess I should support my rep. to vote for this thing!" You see a 'bailout' is something you do for a drunk buddy after a night of hard partying, a RESCUE is what a coast guard helicopter does in life and death situations on high stormy seas. This is the contrasting image their neural linguistic programming is meant to convey in a step up of language.
Just the fact that the media is even using a new word that has been PROVED to be designed by government officials specifically for subtle NLP purpose (see the Mccain quote up top), proves that the media is in cahoots with them. Why would they not title their headline "the new bailout plan" or the "second bailout attempt" or something along those lines, after all it would be more familiar to the readership, but no, only a day after those in the government have deliberately set out to change the language of it the media has lapped it up either by order of their masters or whatever and is now reporting it exactly as the government wants so that they can get this bill passed.
If the media was on our side they would expose these subtle mind controlling techniques but instead they adapt them along with the government in order to assist the elites in getting what they want. If this isn't proof for you that media is controlled by them utterly then this knowledge really isn't for you as you're better off just staying in denial.
As Morpheus said to Neo in the Matrix, we usually can't de-program people that are too old and have been living under the fabricated brainwash fantasy for a substantial period of time because it's just too much of a change for their mind to cope with, and so likewise for some of you it is too late and there is probably no hope to ever see the truth.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by rufusdrak]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DayWatch

Thank you sir for echoing my exact sentiments you get a star for the best post of the thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thanks rufusdrak, I had to vent!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If you really believe in the Matrix, why not assume that ALL news is complete fiction. Reality shows are fiction. Why can't news shows be fiction also? In other words, maybe there is no stock market. Maybe there is no Wall Street (as Wall Street is depicted to be).

My main support for this proposition is that the people in power NEVER let the little guy really win, ever. If there's one thing I know it's that they never let you win. If they are making it seem like the little guys have risen up and beaten the big guys that HAS to be lie for sure.

For some reason it suits their purposes to let the average person feel empowered for awhile. Maybe they weren't generating enough interest in the elections.

They really feel alot safer when everyone appears to buy into their fake world.

That means that the average person has to participate with vigor. Maybe the average American is feeling so disempowered and so downtrodden by the obvious decimation of their country they were just giving up.

The people in power can't have that. If people give up, they might rise up. So in order to get them motivated to participate in their fake world, they make the little guy feel like he really does have some power. He really can effect his reality. Which is a total lie.

So they make it really obvious what the powerful interests want. And, then they make it seem like the little guy thwarted the powerful interests.

Voila, the masses feel powerful and then they roll over and play the "Democracy" game. They have vented a little. They have flexed a little. The peons are feeling pretty good. Time for the next ridiculous story to entertain and divert.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
"The first thing I would do is say, 'Let's not call it a bailout. Let's call it a rescue,'" McCain told CNN. He said, "Americans are frightened right now" and political leaders must give them an immediate solution and a longer-term approach to the problem."

(source: news.yahoo.com...)

Now suddenly, here is what some of the MSM (main stream media) are reporting:

Suddenly before your very eyes ladies and gentleman by way of cheap gimmick they merely 'repackage' the deal and call it now a 'rescue plan' which serves as an escalation in language meant to subconsciously pull at your fear and make you consider it with more weight and seriousness.

I might point out that, whereas "bailout" sounds more like having to "rescue" a company for unsound practices, "rescue plan" is meant to pull at the heartstrings - as in, that person on his roof in the flood needs RESCUING! Let's make a PLAN to help him out!

"Bailout" is FAR more honest an assessment of what's going on.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
uhmm...just for a reality check...go back and do some research about the "media" in the 1700's and 1800's, almost all by the "newspapers" of the era. the "spin" was ten times as worse. today we are blessed with many different types of communication, you just have to seperate the wheat from the shaft, so to speak. why do i keep getting this mental image of some of you standing on your front step, waving a gun in the air, and waiting for the mass of people to walk by on their way to washington, so you can join in?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I got a chuckle out of your use of the word "prescience", I LEARNED that word from its descriptions of Muad'dib ;-)

will the sleeper awaken?

i doubt it, most people are just trying to pay the bills, and do the best they can, they dont have the inclination to even wonder if the MSM is programming their subconscious...

and really, why should they? the MSM abuses this powerful position of trust, and its a symptom of the rot that has begun at the core of our society, long ago.

frank was the best, he also lived in the middle east for a while, working in some capacity for an oil company, he was a science fiction writer, but i regard him more as a 'social science' fiction writer, he knew the nature of humans very well, and was a writer beyond his time.

the dune books are the tip of the iceberg, i haven't read one of his books that didnt floor me in scope, they are all great...

edited to reduce bigness!

[edit on 1-10-2008 by feydrautha]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Do any of you guys on here have any idea of how modern journalism works? Judging by the majority of the posts on here I would have to say no.

That news page above shows has been marked as a second priority story which is why it is beneath the Oliver Stone story which has beccome the number one priority and thus the headline story. How does NLP factor into this? Surely the supposed mind control story would be number one?

Internet journalists don't sit in concrete bunkers surrounded by gadgets having sentences whispered into their ear by some James Bond type villain stroking a white cat. I'm looking at two such journalists right now and, like the rest, they are not getting well paid, wondering how they can get out of their crummy job and cutting and pasting stories straight out of the Press Association and Reuter's feed and feeding these into the priorty lists I just mentioned. These press groups in turn get their stories from press releases sent in by PR agencies, freelance journalists, government departments and lobby groups. I see these exact same PA stories and get all my news one to two days in advance of everybody else.

And no, I can't tell you what the main stories will be for tomorrow because most are embargoed.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Since when is the news supposed to be 90% editorial opinion and 10% actual reporting of facts such as what the public thinks? Perhaps it shouldn't really be called 'news' anymore, I guess media is a better term but a media for what? Or what type of media. It's becoming so egregious that it's making me very angry.

i think part of the problem is that numerous channels exist, all have plenty of airtime to fill and the fierce competition for ratings among all these outlets...

back in the old days there were few channels, and they had newscasts with just enough time to let you know what was going on, and thats it.

now we have many channels devoted entirely to 'news entertainment'.

simply reporting the news wouldnt take much time, so.... what to do with all that idle time?

the devil knows how to occupy idle hands.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have to agree with Feydrautha. When I tune in and out of different channels and or radio stations it becomes like a xerox machine...all stamped out. It is as if there is little actual thinking going on in the new and information media. Multiple copies of the same drivel passing itself off as news and information. Many of us are catching on.

Many years ago...I had a friend who quit here and went to work as the night maintenance man at the Richmond Times Dispatch newspaper. As a night maintenance person, while getting his degree, he got to see the stories come in on the teletype machines. Also he sometimes got to speak with freelance reporters selling their stories to the paper.
What he told me at the time was a real surprise as I had never any reason to consider thus. Most of the stories that come in don't actually make the paper due to the editors or the politics of the paper. Many are altered to fit the bias or slant desired by the editors...or the party line is another way of putting it.
He was the first to indicate to me what a heavy paper curtain their actually was over the United States. I have never forgotten what he told me.

In process of time I was to take this insight into the television and radio arena and detect the same mechanism/pattern at work.

I have become very fast with a remote controller when watching the boob tube..switching constantly to avoid commercials/propaganda. It has become the same with the news and information formats. They are not far removed from the persuasive propaganda of advertisers.
IT has become the same with the AM/FM radio formats. So many of the frequency's are a couple of minutes of programming and five or more minutes of commercials. Not interested.

My time is valuable to me. I don't appreciate anyone attempting to put me on an emotional string and call it news and information....be it newspapers, radio, television, or this computer.

As I stated in an earlier post...I am going back to carrying my portable shortwave radio and listening to foreign broadcasts...when they send in English. One must use discretion here too in what one hears...but at least it is not all as stamped out as the local news and information.

The media in this country has become a big let down to me in the last ten to twelve years. The main area in which I pay much attention to it anymore is the weather...and I can get that quickly here on the computer and then switch off.

THanks,
Orangetom

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join