It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How China has Created a New Slave Empire in Africa.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Regarding the China/Africa situation. China will take over large portions (probably not as the official government but the governments will give them all the power they want in exchange for cash).

I think from a global perspective it would be wise for other nations to encourage China to abide by some environmental rules, so that the forest and the remaining wildlife are not further decimated. Since they are just now getting a foothold over there now would be the time to bring up those issues.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ummm...China has already created a slave state...its called China. I mean look at how their citizens work and their abominable human rights record. I guess if they can do it to their own people without a fight, then why shouldnt they take it to other countries as well right?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Good post, mind if I correct you?
Mozambiqe was ruled by the Portugese, not French.
Namibia, has been invaded by Chines, before 1992 there were none, now there are thousands, taking jobs away from locals, and even their "ChinaTown " is goverment sponsored.
A sorrid promise made by SWAPO to China.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Quite right, my mistake. I think I muddled up Mozambique and Madagascar.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm going to read the whole thread as I have time today; while Iraq and Afghanistan keep our attention, China is becoming a super power and some predict will become the leading super power within a decade or two.

Good thread!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
While not exactly related to the original topic, I watched recently an excellent doco about how the EU farmer subsidies are crippling the local agricultural businesses in Africa, while food was basically being buried and going rotten on the docks of both Africa and the EU, simply because some french farmers wanted to keep their prices high, for food they effectively throw away.

Where its relevant to the thread, is its a counter argument to the number of 'Africas a mess and they arent helping themselves' rubbish some people in here are spouting, since many countries that make up the continent of Africa ARE attempting to better themselves, their people ARE trying to elevate themselves across the board...

Unfortunately, they aren't being allowed to by us in the west and east, China, the EU and America... all for the sake of money once again.

If they cry victim, its because they ARE the victim. Sure they have some major social issues to address like tribal infighting, but damn, give em a chance... they've had the boot on em so hard for so long its gonna take a while for em to realize its not as tight as it used to be, cant expect them to grow over night when outsiders do their best to subvert it all for their own gains.

So stop with the 'They're a bunch of tribal hicks who dont deserve the wealth from their own natural resources' rubbish... its so far from the truth its sickening.

Just wish I could remember the name of the Doco. Not sure if it was a BBC piece or not... extremely eye opening, on a number of fronts.

The thing that makes me cringe is given how China has treated its own people and its overall attitude to outsiders in general, Africa is in for a rough ride... unfortunately, their leaders are just as corruptible and buyable as any others, if even more so due to the everyday situations the continent faces.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

You will likely find this thread also interesting:

High-Tech Companies Face Shortages as China Hoards Metals

[edit on 4-1-2010 by loam]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What we are seeing in Africa is still the result from the Berlin convention [1884] tribes living across complete straight borders drawn at the convention by the European powers..At some point they really should put the tribe pride aside and unite like Julius Nyerere did with Tanzania, otherwise powers will keep overrun them..
Now it seems China is spending its "dollars" to get rid of it and buy influence[lending], the same economic hitmen but now from the big red empire, i wonder when they'll send the jackals..

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
When 'modern' slave trading started between Africa and the 'new world' the Arab slavers would go into the interior of Africa, and trade salt for slaves, the point is, the tribal chief picked out those who would be slaves, in return for payment in salt, I think that still goes on to-day, but no payment in salt.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join