It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China astronaut's space walk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

China astronaut's space walk

news.bbc.co.uk

A Chinese astronaut has become the first in his country's history to take a space walk.

In an operation broadcast live on Chinese television, fighter pilot Zhai Zhigang, 42, emerged from the capsule orbiting the Earth to wave a flag.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Look at the flag in this video. It waves and flaps around like it would on a windy day! Surely this would not be the case in the vacuum of space?

Oh I hope we are not looking at another fake - China has a history of it you know.

But on the bright side, we will soon to be able to have an equivalent Academy Awards night for faked moon/space movies now NASA has some competition....

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It looks sooo fake! Granted, I'd not have a clue as what it should look like, but this isn't it. It reminds Me of that old 'Lost in Space' show I use to watch. Funny guys.

Peace. K*

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

oh.. yeah.. did you see that flag.. it actually flipped around when he was moving it.. everyone knows that in space ... that flagged should remain as stiff.. as it were made of concrete.. how stupid do they think we are.. geeezzz... a flag that moves when your flipping it around... isnt that the stupidest thing you ever heard of..

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The thing is... It doesn't just "move while it's being flipped around" it flaps when the astronaut is as stationary as one could be, out there in space.

And from all the other "space" videos I've seen of 'nauts doing walks and whatnot, this is not the kind of finished performance I've been used to.

I'm not calling either way because right now the only people who can tell whether or not it's real or fake are the Chinese themselves.

But it doesn't look good, having the dubiousness of this ontop of the, what was it? 12 minutes before launch even; information being produced online?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Some chinese film producer is getting tortured right now for that mistake.

Actually it probably wouldnt be 'like concrete' or stiff as a board until they exited above the exosphere. Nice thought tho.

Exosphere

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out the first guy on screen making the Satanic sign just before the image switches to the two astronauts.

I also think it to be fake. But I'm no expert..

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We were talking about the flag appearance when we saw a news snippet of it yesterday. My darlin' brought up a good point..... I was completely convinced that the flag looked fake as fake can be.... she pointed out that if the flag was made of something rigid, it could exhibit very unflaglike motions, especially if it were a material that sort of "stored" potential energy by bending it, such as stiff plastic. I have to agree. If, on the other hand, this is a normal cloth flag and doesn't have any structure woven into it?? I'd have to say that I believe it was moving entirely inconsistent with a flag in zero G and the vacuum of space.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Not to sound like a dummy or anything but, what other 'material' would they consider making a flag out of, to take into space?

Sorry, just don't understand the concept of not having an ordinary 'cloth flag' with them?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Well, I don't know for certain, but I would guess that some of the flags that always appear to be fully unfurled might well have some sort of wire or rigid plastic woven into them.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

Even though I grasp its implications and origins, its the first time I have heard of the Satanic hand signal, so google'd it! Amazing to see how blatantly all the politicians use it! There was even one with the pope using it, cracked me up!

Even though the flag looks like its made out of rubber, the video has that fake feeling about it!

[edit on 9/28/2008 by corvin77]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It is fake, i dont know how they can broadcast such poor 'footage'.
It will never be admitted by the chinese space agency. But people will start to serously question this soon.

just waitng for the crap photoshopped Pictures to be released, like what iran did with the missiles.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There is a similar thread - well, related - here: China Fakes Reports

And I had responded on that....but I will repeat here, I do not believe they are even in space right now. I think this is all a hoax on their behalf...a way to fluff their feathers to their own people.

***Edit to add my response from related thread***

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on 9/27/2008 @ 12:13 PM

I know someone personally, who works for USAF Space Command and who sits behind a wall of monitors all day long....and well, monitors "things"

Anyways, he told me yesterday, because we were discussing this very topic, that as of yesterday - Friday - China has NOT launched anything recently. He would know, as part of his job.

Now grant it, I can not provide any proof....but there are respected people here who know me, and can probably vouch me and my resource.

So, I guess you can take this for what its worth to you

With that said. Based on what I know, and am reading here. I do not believe they are up in space right now

[edit on 9/27/2008 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 9/28/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I read about the fake report, too. Makes you wonder if they are actually in orbit or is it all faked. If so, why doesn't the US out them on it?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
this makes me curious. Here is a link on waving flags in space:

astroprofspage.com...

Anyways though it seems thought that lately with Russia trying to oust 9-11
China trying to oust Manned Mission to the moon (if it were a hoax)
Venezuela-Chavez, stating that the U.S. needs a new constitution
The U.S. being caught manipulating Iranian Presidents Words... and all of these other recent occurnces...

It seems that a lot of other countries are getting tired of the U.S.

Iranian President said that Israel will wipe istelf off of the face of the planet, and its true... have you watched what they are doing to the countrys around them that are trying to destroy israel? Its a hotbed out there. I seriously doubt that Iran would Nuke Israel anyways. The radiation would cause them not to be able to live there for Several years! It would be pointless. America needs ameircans to be ignorant and be scared... We are one of the few countrys that try to scare their own civilians... Think how amazing your life would be without the scary TV you watched, without all the vampire and monster storys.

America is coming to an end. but A new America is forming. A better one I hope. If Americans continue to step up to the plate... if not then we are screwed.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Another technological advancement by the Chinese thanks to stolen secrets and we can thank both Clinton and Bush for this.
The Chinese are polluting this planet and now space will be the next Chinese dump site.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Well they are orbiting the earth at a few thousand miles per hour. That would be enough to make a flag wave like that wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

Didn't any of you see Mythbusters? Where is was proven that the flag moves even in space!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Guys! About the flag flapping around in space.

Mythbusters just did an episode on debunking the moon landing conspiracy and they proved that a flag can wave around in vacuum space if it is being jerked at.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Oh yeah the flag don't worry about flags they flap anywhere really.
Who even really knows if space is a vacuum.
You ever been there to see for yourself?

But look at this mere wikipedia article.
I doubt they could make it into space safely with a 20cm hole in the roof do you?
en.wikipedia.org...
Controversy
Following the questionable landings of both Shenzhou 2 and Shenzhou 5, an unofficial controversy was started after diffusion of official images of the upper part of the capsule presenting a large and mysterious 20 cm diameter hole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join