It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China astronaut's space walk

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
At first when i was reading the comments i was thinking, yeh right. Just trying to make a conspiracy out of nothing. Then when i watched the footage...Damn. It does look incredibley fake. Something about it just doesnt look right. Theres no resinstance at all to the flags movement it just flaps around like there on a film stage. Madness. Unless space isnt how Nasa made it out to be at all

[edit on 9/29/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolas
reply to post by GodForbid

-You hopeless nerd..
-I guess your one of thoughs idiots
--- it might get you laid.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Nikolas]

Thats all you Nikolas oh wait...

*4 LOL who the # are you man? Take a seat you hopeless wanna be dictator.

*1 LOL you pathetic drop kick. Come back and talk only when you get someone else to speak up behind you...

*2 Well, again, you've just tripped yourself up, because it was you who came in after I made my inital post in this thread opening your # dispenser targetting individual people, not me. So eat your own words.

How many languages do you speak? I bet less than I.

It appears to me, and i know im not inferior to you

That you have a habit of trying to belittle people, that which is not on topic of

CHINAS ASTRONAUT'S SPACE WALK

So get on topic or get out of it.... seriously.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
At first when i was reading the comments i was thinking, yeh right. Just trying to make a conspiracy out of nothing. Then when i watched the footage...Damn. It does look incredibley fake. Something about it just doesnt look right. Theres no resinstance at all to the flags movement it just flaps around like there on a film stage. Madness. Unless space isnt how Nasa made it out to be at all

[edit on 9/29/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

There's no resistance on the flag because there's no friction. They're in a vacuum. Vacuum = no air. No air = no friction.

Hope this helps (although I have already said this on the last page
)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

yeah in theory if the flag was waving around in space it would be fake but the fact that the man is holding a wire meshed flag it is stright, (the flag itself as a unit is still intact and not waving) and just the fact that he is twirling it around the pole is causing it to be all over the place. Its highly debateable, I think the biggest problem is nobody can be up there to prove it. Maybe if they make a clip of them attaching to the space station it would be more... believeable? or to Film their whole decent out of earth etc... Nasa doesn't do that though.... I dont think the chinese did either.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

yeah in theory if the flag was waving around in space it would be fake but the fact that the man is holding a wire meshed flag it is stright, (the flag itself as a unit is still intact and not waving) and just the fact that he is twirling it around the pole is causing it to be all over the place. Its highly debateable, I think the biggest problem is nobody can be up there to prove it. Maybe if they make a clip of them attaching to the space station it would be more... believeable? or to Film their whole decent out of earth etc... Nasa doesn't do that though.... I dont think the chinese did either.

Yeah I mean if the flag was attached to something that wasn't moving, and was flapping around after not being touched for a few minutes. That then would be very very odd.

But as I've said, and someone else pointed out they did it on Myth busters. Things will flap around in a vacuum, infact they will flap around more than they do here on earth.

The reason a lot of people are probably getting an odd feeling from that is probably because of that exact reason. It seems to flap around too much. We're not used to seeing it like that on earth because we're not in a vacuum here. However in space, that would be the norm.

I do believe this to be real, and congrats to the Chinese for doing it. I hope they continue

SR

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Has anyone else been thinking how convenient how they crashj landed in a desert??????

Wouldn't have anything to do with the whole thing being staged now would it???

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SR

What crash landed in the desert can you post a link?

Yeah Im not sure what to beleive, the American Mass Media likes to warp things and wont show things that matter if it alters American oppionin. If you talk to people from other countries they dont understand why we see things the way we do, then I would ask them for an explantation and they would say how they see it, and it would be overwhelming that our vision of things is corrupted by the media, and how they twist it the way they see fit.

So did they go into space?

SR

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by SR

What crash landed in the desert can you post a link?

Yeah Im not sure what to beleive, the American Mass Media likes to warp things and wont show things that matter if it alters American oppionin. If you talk to people from other countries they dont understand why we see things the way we do, then I would ask them for an explantation and they would say how they see it, and it would be overwhelming that our vision of things is corrupted by the media, and how they twist it the way they see fit.

So did they go into space?

Take your pick dude of any of the internet links when you type China space walk in. They landed in a desert and marsh area of mongolia.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here is a link of the reentry from Yahoo News

China touches back down in desert

thanks for the heads up SR

It deffinately makes you wonder why they are back so soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Aren't they orbiting the earth at Several thousand miles per hour. Would that speed not be enough to make the flag wave like that once it is out of the ship?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good one China,I watched this live and was hoping to see some other exotic craft in the background.Looked real to me and it took him ages to open that Hatch!At one stage I thought he had bent it as he was pulling so hard to open it!

Also shows us how impressive the americans and russians were to do this same thing so long ago!Big respect,mind you the Nazi rocket scientists did help a bit

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow, talk about fakes, that looked faker than the moon landings, also btw, one reason why they probably "came back to earth" so soon is because an amature astronomer would be able to see them in orbit, so if they were in orbit someone would be able to see them in orbit, but to excuse why they could not be seen is the fact that they came back so early, anyone point? I know, it seems a bit muddled, I'm sick and high on theraflu right now.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

With that mindset that conspirators always make mistakes, then there has never been a flawlessly carried out conspiracy. All lead to someone getting in trouble for "messing up". I think the truth is, when we say we deny ignorance, we tend to forget how much there is out there that we don't understand. There is no conspiracy. Give China a pat on the back for getting a person up there and spacewalking.

For others: the flag doesn't stop waving when you stop moving. It goes on, and more pronounced than on earth.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Aren't they orbiting the earth at Several thousand miles per hour. Would that speed not be enough to make the flag wave like that once it is out of the ship?

No, that perception of velocity is only present in the lower atmosphere. There is no wind, and the astronaut is in freefall along with the rest of the craft.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

00.09-00.10
A ufo ?

here at the beginning
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phixion23]

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phixion23]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phixion23
news.bbc.co.uk...

00.09-00.10
A ufo ?

No. Just further evidence it was indeed in space (probably ice crystals).

One question: Hase ANYONE of you seen what a waving flag in space should look like? Reading your answers, I guess not.

I think many American members just can't accept that their "super power" status is about to decrease (and probably vansih within the next decades) and there are other players that have joined the game while the US was busy destructing itself. And those players influences grow really fast. (and no, I'm not Chinese...
)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Even if it isn't a fake, the best that can be said is that China has a 60's space exploration mentality.

Why repeat what has been done so many times before?
Why not follow in the steps of Brazil and Japan, that have removed the human element from their launches, and are in a truly economically, and technologically, space program, that is both sustainable and viable.

China's launch, and announced future plans, are nothing more then propaganda stunts, with no true value for their economic, or technological evolution...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiONiX
I think many American members just can't accept that their "super power" status is about to decrease (and probably vansih within the next decades) and there are other players that have joined the game while the US was busy destructing itself. And those players influences grow really fast. (and no, I'm not Chinese...
)

I'm not American at all... And, tbh cannot stand what any country's 'government' stands for, including my own.

But looking at the footage, one minute it's pitch black behind the one guy, the next minute you see the Earth and before anyone asks; no it's the same side of the 'naut. - The flag's in the same hand and he's on the same side of the hatch *right side of camera* I'm not saying that constitutes as fake, but it certainly raises some questions as to how the Earth disappeared then reappeared. It's also not the level of the camera either; the Earth's HUGE it couldn't be missed in one shot and caught in the next.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by newagent89

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

No, that perception of velocity is only present in the lower atmosphere. There is no wind, and the astronaut is in freefall along with the rest of the craft.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if velocity applied in space.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join