It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain ad already says he won debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

McCain ad already says he won debate

meaningfuldistractions.wordpress.com

According to this campaign ad, he’s already won! Guess this saves me the trouble of having to tune in tonight.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
HA, funny stuff. Appearing on the wall street journal. I love it. Shows that no matter what happens, the spin doctors already are trying to make up other peoples minds for them. Would be funny if this ad appeared before McCain even announced if he was going to attend the debate!!!!!

I know politics is always going to have the spin doctors... But its getting ridiculous. Cant we admit when our candidate loses a debate... Its not the end of the world....

meaningfuldistractions.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

There's something familiar here. Didn't something similar happen in the Bush/Kerry debates? I think there were articles posted before the debate saying what a great job Bush did

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Flory]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Flory]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Flory

LOL yea, Bush's team did the same thing...

Karl Rove tactics.. I LOVE IT. lol MSNBC is all over it over it of course....

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am not sure what happened - none of my text showed up??? Hmm spooky, I will just slink away quietly I think....

[edit on 26/9/08 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

Really... interesting...

Im sure both these post will be deleted for off topic, just thought it was funny.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flory
reply to post by bknapple32

There's something familiar here. Didn't something similar happen in the Bush/Kerry debates? I think there were articles posted before the debate.

No, Bush photoshopped 3 soldiers to look like a crowd. This is a new low.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Its the LHC, it must have opened up a wormhole that has allowed a McCain ad from the future to slip back in time.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

The Madness Ends Today

And on top of that, there's that discussion board stalwart... The Terms & Conditions Of Use...

Let's try and stay within these guidelines...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ahh politics. I would say this is something only the republicans can do, but i'm sure any political party would do something extremely devious given a chance. But this is just laughable.. i mean so obvious that it'll be spotted quickly. Surely Republican party advertising division aren't that silly?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Venit

im waiting to hear an explanation.. so far..... mum's the word

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well yeah, but they're not going to admit it are they. Pin it on a donor's group or something. Excuse me if i'm not making that much sense, 01:48 here in the UK.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I wouldnt make much of it. There were ads up saying Obama won the debate seconds after the debate ended. (Or actually they may have gone up while the debate was ongoing for all I know) Clearly both candidates already had ads prepared ahead of time announcing their victory.

I think it is pretty typical to get your spin ready. Surely no one here thought either candidate's campaign was going to say they lost.

I bet it was just some poor little campaign newbie that posted the ad too early and is surely now paying the price for it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I bet it was just some poor little campaign newbie that posted the ad too early and is surely now paying the price for it.

It's not nice to talk about Sarah Palin that way. McCain almost missed the debate when she was still handling the campaign schedule. She had penciled him in for a Presidential debate 'watch party' in Boise.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'd rather see these ads then always have them saying "As president I will", "When I am president", as if it's not text-book suggestion...and annoying.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's interesting they would say McCain won the debate when THE POLLS indicate the people think Obama won. I guess that ad must be based on the reactions of McCain supporters only.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by matttheratt
It's interesting they would say McCain won the debate when THE POLLS indicate the people think Obama won. I guess that ad must be based on the reactions of McCain supporters only.

No, based on PREactions, since the ad was out while the Mavericks campaign was still suspended and he said he wouldn't debate while Americans had no solution to the fiscal crisis he rushed to Washington to completely destroy.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by matttheratt

That's hardly an accurate poll, a clear majority of those polled were democrats!

I personally believed Obama edged it, mainly due to this being his weaker subject and managed to come out unscathed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join