It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's Brown wants new global financial order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

The logical step to solving the mystery of a loss is to retrace the steps that lead up to the event. If we undo everything that was done to the 'last known good' state in the economy we would have a solution.

A big problem in any case is the NUMEROUS recessions and depressions over the past couple centuries, even under gold standards.

Interference and prediction are probably our biggest enemies. Take RIM for example, they made a huge profit, but under predicted earnings and dropped approx 25% percent in one day. If there were no projections stated, there would be no unrealistic markers set and no panic while a company is plenty profitable still.

Market analytics is one thing, but over analyzing and over expected might be the problem. The futures market is an INSANE creation. ETFs are insane too.

I should create an ETF / Future related to whether or not my would will bleed when I remove the scab off it. If I pick it off, it will, if I soak it off, it won't but that's for me, the market maker to decide depending on how I WANT the outcome to be.

The hedge funds / etf / futures are definitely a large part of this too but the ones calling for the order and begging for the bailouts are the ones manipulating the stocks.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Actually Gordon Brown has spent the best part of his political life putting up barriers to the UK joing the Euro.

Read up on the '5 economic tests', something GB wrote up in the back of a taxi! Its generally accepted the conditions for the 5 tests can never be met. So the UK cannot really join the Euro untill the politicians override these.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Man_Versus_AntiMan]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
No there was No general election for Brown. Blair got elected saying he would run the full term (5 years). But stood down after 2. Brown took over the position and refused an election knowing he would lose

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

is that why he sold the uk's entire gold supply to france for euro's? Ive seen blair for many years suggest the euro and get nocked back by the public. He's sold many uk companies to europe in the past, in fact the most recent was last week when he sold the uk's nuclear power company to france. The uk is becoming more and more reliant on europe. I find it suspiscious that brown says he's preventing the uk from joining the euro, when at the same time he's destroying the uk's economy, selling off uk companies to europe and distabling the uk's economic structure. In my opinion he says that he wont to get the uk's support but at the same time putting us in a situation were we will soon have no choice.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
WELL... Whaddaya' Know!

We Are Witnessing The Endgame With Our Very Own Eyes!

Ready Or Not, Here It Comes!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

All these things are true, idiotic and suspicious of something.

But that still leaves the point: why would someone who wants to get into the Euro so much practicly create themselves an impenetrable barrier to doing so?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

hmm im not sure, only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Brown may not be charasmatic or overly popular - but he is by far the best man for the job at present. Personally, given the current global economic climate, I reckon we're pretty lucky to have him.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

Britain's Brown wants new global financial order

biz.yahoo.com

UNITED NATIONS (AP) -- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown called Friday for "a new global financial order" to resolve the financial crisis currently roiling world markets.

In his address before the U.N. General Assembly, Brown said the world was facing the "first real financial crisis" of the global era and that it required an international solution.

"The international institutions created in the aftermath of World War II have not kept pace with the changing global economy. We need national regulators to be cooperative, rules and principles to be consistent and international movements of capital to be transparent," Brown said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

Don't worry. Britain and the US will not be helped by the rest of the world. They are considered the root of failed financial capitalism. Uncensored unmonitored old fashioned capitalism.

I heard European politicians already saying that the will no bail out the US or Britain, because they won't cover their adminstrative mess and bad accountancy. Europe (outside UK) already has it's acountancy on the right track. Total Control (USSR)and Total Freedom (US/UK) are both nonsensical on their own. You need both to spiral towards the ultimate position.
See graphic:

C
|
|
|
|
|----------------F

You should want to be in the upper right corner in this graphic.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

What!? was there a Time skip into the future?

Where brown has fixed the economy and saved us from reccession, whilst making Britain Indepenant for its electricity and oil supply?
And Upped the average U.k pension from £30 to £200 a week.

Whilst Introducing a Local sales tax, Making everones life In the Uk Easier.

We also have the fact that kids are now Going to have to go to school until 18, meaning Single Parents will be much worse off, as they will have to support them .
Also the unemployment Rate Will be much higher, as they will be adults, who have not had the responsibility or need to decide a career Until this age.

These are just some of the problems with the uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Who would you prefer to have at the helm?

Sorry about the one liner.. It's a simple question.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

You or me, or anyone not Involved in current politics.

My Ideal Person would be Somone Not afraid of death.with no kids, or wife. A self made Millionare!
(This would help rule out corruption as these are the main motivzators)

They would also Be Terrestial,(native to earth), and human. Would be Pro-life, and anti war.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Bank of International Settlements has demanded an audit of the U.S. Federal Reserve Corporation and, because the B.I.S. is apparently a stockholder in the Fed it cannot be refused. Consequently, the audit is scheduled for some time next spring.

My personal belief is that the Fed will be found to be bankrupt, and will cease to exist. That will make all those Federal Reserve Notes (U.S. Dollars) worthless. The U.S. itself may go out of business at this time as well, thus cancelling the national debt. How can we resolve this terrible calamity? No problem - it's already set up and waiting.

Think North American Union and an all new currency. Just like magic.

A Texan

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I second that monkeybus.

"Massive short sales of bank shares by hedge funds have made the current crisis far worse."

"The government and FSA must think long and hard before ever allowing short sales of British bank shares again."

Conservative leader David Cameron pledged to support the government in anything which stabilised the markets.

"Anything the prime minister and the government do to help will have my full support," he said.

Politics.co.uk, Friday, 19 Sep 2008

How David Cameron's secretive donors bet on the collapse of Bradford & Bingley

As the bank was taken into the hands of the authorities ahead of its break-up or nationalisation, two members of Mr Cameron’s elite Leaders Group were revealed to have bet on its falling share price, which has dropped by 95 per cent in a year.

A hedge fund managed by Michael Hintze, who has given £660,000 to the Tories since Mr Cameron took over, declared ‘bets’ on the bank’s falling share price in July.

A second fund, GLG Partners, which declared its ‘short-selling’ in Bradford & Bingley in June, is managed by Belgian Pierre Lagrange, whose wife Catherine has given £50,000 to the Conservative Party.

Both Mrs Lagrange and Mr Hintze are members of the Leaders Group, which grants access to the Tory leader and his inner circle in return for a £50,000 donation.

The links between Mr Cameron and the City of London figures dubbed alleged ‘robbers in pinstripes’ emerged after a team from Channel 4’s Dispatches programme obtained the names of the 100-strong Leaders Group.

The programme, being broadcast tomorrow, identifies Paul Ruddock and David Craigen of Lansdowne Partners, who have given £260,000 between them, as among seven hedge-fund members of the group.

Lansdowne is reported to have made £100million by betting that Northern Rock would collapse and has helped to drive down the value of Barclays by selling shares in the bank worth £151million in recent months.

In April it was announced that Mr Lagrange, one of two managers of GLG, had paid himself £400million after using complex financial instruments to make money in the global downturn.

Last year the company paid more than £1.5million to American authorities to settle claims of illegal short-selling, without admitting or denying the allegations.

Mr Lagrange, 45, who lives with Catherine and their three children in a £15million house in Chelsea and a £21million mansion in Oxfordshire, was forced to declare his company’s ‘short’ position on Bradford & Bingley, along with Mr Hintze’s outfit CQS, after the Financial Services Authority (FSA) ordered institutions to do so.

Mail Online, 27th September 2008

[edit on 27-9-2008 by EvilAxis]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

A World Bank is part of the New World Order. Who will be the King of the World?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

He was never elected as Prime Minister though was He? Or did I miss a whole election campaign!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Time slip anyone?! I never remembered him becoming PM?? Last year? Wow. Did this screw with anyone else's minds?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggyturbojim

Lol Jiggy Brown is a muppet, I would never vote for him, he looks like someone I would never share a pint with. I did like Blair and voted for him, never this Scottish clown with a very strange periodic breathing technique between statements.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Err no. Brown has never been voted in by anyone. He had an 'arrangement' with Tony Blair.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

There was not an election.

All that happend was, Tony Blair stepped down due to pressure from the party, Gordon Brown took power as Leader.

Not a good sign really of the leader of the cabinet stepping down due to pressure from his party.

The same thing which happend to Blair is now happening to Brown. Members of the Labour party are starting to turn against him, and, David Milliband is seen as Browns successor, just as Brown was seen as Blairs.

But their all crap at there jobs and dont care about the country, only keeping the EU happy and keeping money in there own pockets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join