It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's Brown wants new global financial order

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
reply to post by A55A551N

Sorry, I edited my previous post.

Brown is only leader because of an agreement made around a resturant dinner table.

I'm slightly confused

[edit on 26-9-2008 by dodgygeeza]

I seem to remember an unpopular Blair relying heavily on an extremely popular at the time, Chancellor Brown for re-election.

Back to topic, i'm not the greatest fan of Brown as a leader perse, but i believe he is accurate in his comments. He is by the far the most well-versed leader in the western world on financial matters.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
As far as I recall there was an election... With him and David Cameron as the forerunners?

I am pretty sure my parents voted. All the schools around here were used as polling stations... 0_o

Erm, what are you talking about? I know I've been out of the country for five days, but I don't believe that Gordo the Wonder Pratt could win an election when pitted against his own excrement.

He's the least popular prime minister since Chamberlain, apparently.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

Originally posted by A55A551N
As far as I recall there was an election... With him and David Cameron as the forerunners?

I am pretty sure my parents voted. All the schools around here were used as polling stations... 0_o

Erm, what are you talking about? I know I've been out of the country for five days, but I don't believe that Gordo the Wonder Pratt could win an election when pitted against his own excrement.

He's the least popular prime minister since Chamberlain, apparently.

I happen to believe he is a victim of his own success. For 12 years +, the Uk had continuous economic growth, low inflation, extremely low unemployment under his Chancellorship. People are experiencing hard times now not so much of his own doing as other facets of global fiscal significance.

Some could argue that his current unpopularity is more a sign of public ignorance. People in the UK had it so good the past decade, spending frivolously without a care for the future and now the first portion of blame is the government. Whatever happened to self accountability?!

I'm not saying the guys perfect at all, i actually feel as a leader he is inadequate. Who else is there though? Cameron the toffee nose, popularist, who's manifesto is akin to flavour of the month, Sun newspaper headlines? no thanks, i'd opt for experience and a sound head over those bunch of flakes anyday!

[edit on 29-9-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Tell Mr Brown that to be patient. We are, or should I say our government is diligently working on it. It is just going to take a few more crisis, many more bailouts, and to get the people of the US to believe that the government can take care of their every need. The crisis will come, we will provide the bailout, and the people are close to believing anything the government says. So if things go accordingly we will continue to spend spend spend till we can't pay it back Then we will join the global financial order cause we will have no other choice.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

The "Good times" that Brown often touted as his doing where a direct result of Tory economic policies in the 1990's after the last recession. Brown inherited a Budget surplus, which has now been squandered into a staggering deficit.

Your claims of public ignorance are correct, but misguided. Everyone believed the "Iron chancellor" did good the past ten years, but he rode the crest of a wave built up after the last recession and claimed it all as his doing.

Now his policies are coming home to roost.

Oh and your quip about Cameron being a populist and grabbing Sun headlines was funny. Firstly, whats wrong with being a populist? Isn't that the job of Parliament, to represent the people and doing their wishes?

And Sun headlines? Wasn't it the Sun who famously claimed they put Labour into power in 1997? Wasn't Tony Blair best chums with Rupert Murdoch? Wasn't "New Labour" in the early days so concerned with the media they focussed on little else, hence the Legions of Spin doctors they employed?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This proves that the dollar is mightier than the gun. Our government can't join in the international money union (NWO) because it can't make banks owned by the people do so if they refuse. But.... if all the banks fail and the government simply buys them all for pennies on the dollar, well... that's a completely new ball game. The excuse would be that it is good for the country. Imagine how such a bloodless coup could happen. Hey, if they can bankrupt the USSR and bring that mighty comunist empire down to the knees, they could do it with America too.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by theblunttruth

The "Good times" that Brown often touted as his doing where a direct result of Tory economic policies in the 1990's after the last recession. Brown inherited a Budget surplus, which has now been squandered into a staggering deficit.

Your claims of public ignorance are correct, but misguided. Everyone believed the "Iron chancellor" did good the past ten years, but he rode the crest of a wave built up after the last recession and claimed it all as his doing.

Now his policies are coming home to roost.

Oh and your quip about Cameron being a populist and grabbing Sun headlines was funny. Firstly, whats wrong with being a populist? Isn't that the job of Parliament, to represent the people and doing their wishes?

And Sun headlines? Wasn't it the Sun who famously claimed they put Labour into power in 1997? Wasn't Tony Blair best chums with Rupert Murdoch? Wasn't "New Labour" in the early days so concerned with the media they focussed on little else, hence the Legions of Spin doctors they employed?

No your wrong, the job of the primeminister is to do what's best for the country, sometimes to the contrary of public opinion if necessary. The problem with running a popularist agenda is that you then assume the people know everything you do as a primeminster in order to make the best decisions. As Churchill once said, often the best decisions are the unpopular ones.

Regarding labours economic record the past 12 years, its barely fair to attribute it to Conservative policy. Due not remember the high unemployment, 18% interest rates, black wednesday.... Sure labour are not perfect, i'm the first to criticize them on their record on immigration, house prices and the fact they hand out benefits like hot dinners. It's wrong to say that they have not achieved though, look at public funding in schools, the NHS, city infrastructure and the bouyant economy the last 12 years.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
More very intriguing statements by the elite:

www.kitcomm.com...

You'll be amazed..

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi all, first post here.

Been looking at stuff about the NWO as a thing of interest.

I've also been following Max Keiser who is a finacial analyst, plenty of you tube vids of his so look it up but basicly he been saying this is a controlled demolition of the fiancial markets as much as 9/11 was a controlled demolition. peter schiff is also worth checking out.

This isnt just brown you know whos saying this.

just read this on the BBC from here
news.bbc.co.uk...

"Mr Barroso, the European Commission chief, said European nations had taken swift and concerted action to tackle the squeeze in the financial markets, but stronger and more effective global action was now required.

"We need a new global financial order," Mr Barroso told reporters

looks like this new financial world order is going to be the new catch word and phase 1 of the NWO.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's not only Brown who's thinking this!

EU Leaders Call for Global Currency

If we are to believe the Washington Post, French president and current EU leader Nicolas Sarkozy has pledged to save us from nameless “freewheeling bankers and traders” who get the blame for the current economic crisis.

Sarkozy, Gordon Brown, and EU honcho José Manuel Barroso are talking up an international summit to discuss an “urgent overhaul of the world’s financial architecture,” that is to say a new Bretton Woods to establish a brand spanking new international economic order. Sarkozy has managed to grab George Bush’s ear and he will travel to Washington on Saturday to lay the groundwork for a conference.
******SKIP******
Sarkozy and the EU leaders would have us believe this new Bretton Woods will call for “globally coordinated regulation of the financial industry, elimination of tax havens and a compensation system in which traders are not rewarded for dangerous risk-taking,” among other things.
******SKIP******
“We now have global financial markets but what we do not have is anything other than national and regional regulation and supervision,” Brown lamented from Brussels.

All of this is nonsense. It should be obvious by now the bankers engineered the current crisis in order to consolidate their hold on the global economy and all the talk about rogue traders, tax havens, and over-compensated executives is merely that — talk, or more specifically a sales pitch, a slick parlor trick devised to fool the commoners.

Glossed over in all the corporate media coverage is the global elite demand that a global currency be established. “Europe wants to present a blueprint for a new worldwide currency system,” reports the AFP in the video here.

And here's the video for any who wish to see it!

Here's the link to the Washinton Posts article.

Sarkozy Calls for Revamping of Capitalist System

French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who holds the European Union's rotating presidency, said here that he will meet President Bush on Saturday in Washington to lay the groundwork for the conference, which the Group of Eight industrialized countries is convening. It should "re-found the capitalist system" that has governed international financial exchanges since World War II, Sarkozy said.
******SKIP******
The bloc's decision to advocate new financial rules and dispatch Sarkozy to carry the torch to Washington was seen here as an affirmation of European confidence and aspiration to leadership at a moment of reduced U.S. influence in world affairs. "Europe wants the summit before the end of the year," he declared. "Europe wants it. Europe demands it. Europe will get it."

White House deputy spokesman Tony Fratto said Thursday that "every good idea" would be considered at the still unscheduled meeting, which was called by the G-8 countries -- the United States, Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Russia and Japan. G-8 leaders have urged that leaders from nonmember countries be included as well.

Earlier, Fratto said that anything the gathering did must not restrict the flow of trade and investment. President Bush appeared to echo that concern Thursday when he said at a bill-signing ceremony that "in the long run, one of the best ways to restore confidence in the global economy is by keeping markets open to trade and investment."
******SKIP******
After weeks of prodding, the Bush administration announced Wednesday that it was ready for an international financial conference. But it was unclear whether U.S. officials are as enthusiastic as their European counterparts about moving quickly in new directions.
******SKIP******
In an e-mail, U.S. Treasury spokesman Robert Saliterman said that "our top priority right now is restoring stability to our financial system so lending flows again to the consumers and businesses that are the engines of our economy, and we also need to take steps -- working with our colleagues abroad -- to prevent a future recurrence of the current turmoil."

". . . The international community has a very active agenda underway through the Financial Stability Forum and other international bodies," he noted in the e-mail. "We are working together to strengthen practices on -- valuation and disclosure; credit rating agencies, risk management and prudential oversight."

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Keyhole]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join