It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they can read your mind.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Baggage searches are SOOOOOO early-21st century. Homeland Security is now testing the next generation of security screening — a body scanner that can read your mind.

Patriot acts latest developement

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh crap.
For years I have been wearing my special made baseball cap with aluminum foil on the inside, so they can't read my thoughts from outer space.
Now, it appears that I have to wear a full face football helmet with triple layers of lead AND aluminum foil, so they can't read my thoughts from down the street...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ahaha!

But this is serious, think of how many applications this thing has they can literally put this anywhere and stop people from even attempting to do anything they deem illegal. This is very much like big brother type government.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

" Now they can read your mind. "

Why bother?

They already know I think they suck.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Because why give that to them?

We should be fighting to protect things like the privacy that we all have in our heads we shouldnt be willingly giving it to them just because they already know what we think they know.

Would you let a cop search you car even if you had nothing to hide or would you protect you fourth amendment right?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My Wife knows what I am thinking even before I say it..

but then again...

SHE MIGHT BE AN ALIEN !

Oh my Gwad...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This IMO is very much like the movie, "Minority Report"...

Instead of acting against, and charging people with committed crimes, they soon (according to what has been presented here) will be able to put you away for "pondered-crimes".

Sad to see this Orwellian turn for the worse...but, what can we expect from lazy masses and pompous/arrogant leaders who control the strings?

Real "Freedom" begins with you. Use it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Oh crap! Now they're going to put me on the terrorist watch list the next time I go into an airport because of my rebellious thoughts.

I can see how this is not going to work well.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If they only use it at airports, and I don't have to leave my house 3 hours before a flight, GREAT! I suppose Federal Buildings would be OK too. But anywhere else, NO FRAKKIN' WAY!!! But here's a question, what if you're just afraid to fly? Being run through the Homeland Security ringer is not going to help in your flight anxieties!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Okay three letter agencies, read my mind...

Naddafinger!

That felt so good to get off my shoulders!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Sad to say my friend ,they have had the tech to do that for a long time .
So all you can do is enter their matrix with thoughts they cannot comprehend . Nothing frightens tyrants more than a madman on fire !

And you are on fire dude .

Take heart . Tyrants are by definition ,cowards who surround themsleves with weak minded yes men . This house of cards will eventually fall like all the other paper tigers .

Time to pull out the flame gun and see how flammable these weasels are .

I'll hold the barrel while you light the pilot .

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That's actually pretty freaking awesome.

I mean, yeah, it cans screw people over, but technology like that being brought to the publics attention? Amazing.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by SweetRevenge]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The most common response to fear is ridicule.

We have already experienced ridicule and jokes with the things that are happening right now that everyone accepts as common knowledge.

The things I have read that have happened are horrible and it would'nt surprise me if this is just the iceberge to be honest.

Star Flag for the truth :-)

Good find

[edit on 4-10-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wouldn't just blanking all thoughts and relying on your subconscious help? I know not everyone has that ability and it is difficult.

Simply clear your mind of all thoughts and focus on something boring and repetitive like your breathing, breathing from your diaphragm which is one of the best ways to relax yourself. By clearing your mind your removing chances of anxiety or worries, and by letting your subconscious do the work you will do everything without thought. Seams out of logic to say that but it's truth and very much possible if you train yourself.

Sorta like hypnotizing yourself briefly, or have someone full fledged hypnotize you.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Scarcer]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If they're going to read minds, I hope they're ready for a lot of dirty things...haha. Today's society is full of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The technology is still in its fetal state. But about sixty years from now on an election day, the voters will take a look at the photo of the presidential candidate they like the best, close their eyes and imagine the face as best as possible. The government satellite picks the info through NISA (Neural Image Scanner and Acquisitor), processes the signal and sends the result of the popular vote to the government agency that handles the whole process. The biggest challenge this technology faces is the reduction of a large number of strokes that NISA can cause.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Oh, dang, people will sue you for sexual harassment just from imagining a chick naked. Every guy on earth will be broke and homeless and placed on a sex offender list. Ouch

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sorry I thought in American you were innocent until proven guilty. Guess I was wrong about that one. This is very Minority Report, they are trying to get you before you even do anything. What if you're just having a really bad day and thinking that the guy in front of you really needs a bath?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I wonder how many actually read the news article.....

First, the title of the story is more than a little misleading; the OP reported it as the article did, but the article title talks about "mindreading", when in actuality the device apparently does an analysis on facial muscles, heartrate, some galvanic responses, not unlike that of a polygraph, except that it measures these variables with a scan.

So, there's still no reason to repeat baseball scores, or in my case, a long string of prime numbers, in order to "blank" your mind.
This technology is designed to identify those that are on edge and/or displaying the subtle traits of someone who is fearful, angry, excitable. Probably would be effective in identifying smugglers of whatever as well.

Yes, it's intrusive, and I'm more than willing to rabble about how horrifically Orwellian it seems........ I have to admit though, when standing in line at airport screening, awaiting boarding an airplane..... I'd probably like it just fine then.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
First, the title of the story is more than a little misleading; the OP reported it as the article did, but the article title talks about "mindreading", when in actuality the device apparently does an analysis on facial muscles, heartrate, some galvanic responses, not unlike that of a polygraph, except that it measures these variables with a scan.

In other words the tech is pretty much useless to identify terrorists of Islamic faith. Once Allah guides your steps, there is no room for failure, so you don't have to worry about anything -- no sweat, no signs of being nervous. Who would get picked up the most would be traveling sales people: they worry about deals all the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join