It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The KV-63 Conspiracy: Ancient Egyptian Finds Kept Secret

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

“KV-63 is located in the Valley of the Kings approximately 14.5 meters from the south edge of KV-62, the Tomb of Tutankhamun. Dr. Zahi Hawass officially pronounced our newly discovered tomb, KV-63 on 10 February 2006. However, the initial shaft was discovered a few days before the end of our 2005 season. KV-63 is the first tomb to be discovered in the Valley of the Kings since 1922.”

Source

Image: Valley of the Kings

Some of the information in this thread I owe to the diligent investigative work of the German researchers G.F.L. Stanglmeier and A.Liebe.

The Egyptian Ministry of Culture announced the discovery of tomb KV 63 on the 8th of February 2006, saying that the Tomb was discovered yesterday (7th of February 2006). Meanwhile it is known that this official press release, which was heralded as “Breaking News” at the time, was a false statement.

The Egyptian Ministry of Culture has, to this day, not felt it necessary to retract the statement let alone explain to the public why it lied.

In their book The Head of Osiris (transl., not available in English) the German/Austrian Authors G.F.L. Stanglmeier and A.Liebe noticed the following inconsistency: Although the Ministry of Culture said the Tomb was discovered in February 2006, the German Conspiracy-Magazine "Mysteries" already published an article on it in December 2005. Not only did they publish the find but they also gave its exact location on a map detailing the exact location of the find.

To be found in this issue of the German Magazine "Mysteries", December 2005".

How did a “fringe science” magazine know of the find before it was officially announced? Did someone “leak” information? Did the Ministry of Culture in Egypt then feel forced to reveal something it hadn't planned to reveal yet?

It is only after this incongruency had been widely noticed by the “fringe-Egyptology community” in Europe that the supposed discoverer of the tomb – the American Otto Schaden – admitted to have discovered the tomb in March 2005.

So why was this sensational discovery kept secret for at least a year?

University of Memphis scientist Otto Schaden has meanwhile received backup from Dr. Zahi Hawass (Boss of the SCA, the leading authority on ancient Egypt) who went on record saying in 2006: “They did already find it last year but I told them they cant make it public until they excavate it”. Hawass has neither given a reason for this statement nor explained why it was first said that it was discovered in 2006.

But the mystery did not stop at that. A few days after these circumstances became known the British Egyptologist Nicholas Reeves entered the scene. On the 12th of February 2006 he proclaimed to already have discovered the tomb KV-63 in the year 2000! As proof of his claims Reeves posted radar-images of the discovery on his website.

While these radar images are sufficient proof that the location was known in 2000 he failed to explain why he didn't make his findings public and why he did not start archaeological work and excavation. Most Egyptologists agree that his press-statement on this is less than credible: “This find is rare and can contain unique material. We wanted to progress systemically rather than only pick the cherries”.

We´re supposed to believe that he was fine doing without fame, wealth, and the joy of discovery for so many years? Two more likely explanations come to mind:

1.He did not want to report it to Zahi Hawass Supreme Council of Antiquities.
2.Hawass himself forbid Reeves to talk about the find.

No matter what the case, this is another excellent example of renowned Egytologists keeping sensational finds a secret.

Whichever of those two options is true, in the year 2000 (after Reeves says he discovered the tomb through radar) animosities between him and the Supreme Council of Antiquities began. Hawass SCA blamed Reeves for being involved in stealing and smuggling ancient artifacts. Subsequently Reeves and his organization ARTP were revoked their permission to work at all sites and kicked out of Egypt. That´s what Reeves ARTP says. The official version of the SCA is that Reeves has been “rehabilitated” and that there are no longer any misgivings in the case.

From Archeology Magazine, as if to soothe fringe-researchers worries about the inconsistencies surrounding this case:

From 1998 to 2002, the Amarna Royal Tombs Project (ARTP), led by Nicholas Reeves, undertook controlled stratigraphic excavation and geophysical surveying in the central area of the supposedly worked-out Valley of the Kings. Its impetus was both theoretical and practical, according to the project's website (www.valleyofthekings.org). It was influenced by a study of the immediate post-Amarna burials Tomb KV55 and Tomb KV62 (Tutankhamun) and what these two tombs seemed to reveal about other possible burials of the period in the immediate vicinity. And it was driven by a physical threat that the rubble fill of the Valley, and along with it most of the archeology, might be removed wholesale to combat the seriously damaging effects of flash-flooding on the open tombs. "My particular quarry was the burial place of Nefertiti, Akhenaten's wife and coregent (who, I concluded, had been buried in the Valley as and when she died)," says Reeves. Also of interest were the "whereabouts of Akhenaten's secondary consort Kiya, his second daughter Meketaten and other lesser members of the royal family who had originally been interred at El-Amarna." As the work progressed, however, Reeves discovered that extensive key areas in the Valley were archaeologically intact, and priorities necessarily changed. But the project was brought to a halt in 2002. Reeves was falsely accused of involvement in antiquities smuggling and his permit was revoked. In August 2005, he was officially cleared of any wrongdoing by Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA), though not allowed to return to his work in the Valley. In the interim, the area under investigation by ARTP had begun to be excavated by Otto Schaden and a team from the University of Memphis, which had been at work on KV10, the nearby tomb of Amenmesse. In 2005, Schaden found the top of the shaft leading to KV63, not knowing that it had been detected during geophysical prospecting by ARTP in 2000. While admitting an understandable "obvious disappointment," Reeves states that it was "Otto Schaden who physically uncovered it and confirmed its character. Under those circumstances there can be no question that the credit for actual discovery should go to him and to the University of Memphis." Reeves immediately shared his geophysical evidence for the existence of KV63 with Dr. Zahi Hawass and the SCA and with Schaden and his colleagues.

Article

Here we learn, among other things, that Reeves was "falsley accused" of smuggling. We also learn that Reeves has changed his mind about Otto Schaden and now admits that it was Schaden who “discovered” the tomb. Reeves even says he shared all of his evidence of KV-63 with Otto Schaden. Why he would need that evidence after the discovery is unexplained. Schaden claims KV-63 was found during “Routine Excavations”.This claim is contradicted by his own Co-Director Edwin Bock who says that KV-63 was “coincidentally” found while working excavations at an adjacent site.

Reeves retracted his claims of being the discoverer only a few weeks later on his website. Why? It is obvious he is the discoverer, why act like he is not? Maybe because he wants to get the permission to return to Egypt to excavate what he believes to be the radar-echo discovery of KV-64.

First we learn that KV-63 was kept secret for at least one year. Then we learn it was kept secret for at least 6 years. But quite possibly, its been kept secret more than 25 years!

In 1980 T. Dolphin of the SRI (Stanford Research Institute) and partially funded by the ARE (Edgar Cayce Foundation) published the report “Locating Hidden Tombs in the Valley of Kings”. In the papers “Figure 3: Underground Sonic Survey Results” and “Figure 4” the reader actually sees that he discovered hollows that match the exact location where Reeves and Schaden discovered KV-63 much later. The only problem was, that Egyptology didn't care much about the findings (apparently) and they were only “re-discovered” by Thomas Simms of the “Department of Computer Sciences” of Calgary University in the 1990s. And even then Egyptology was not much interested, maybe because Simms was not “one of them” but an outsider and maybe because T.Dolphin was also not “one of them” but a physicist.

Or was it possibly ignored because it is was again a “find” funded by the Edgar Cayce Foundation (ARE), meaning information gained through Channeling information in a state of Trance rather than through “scientific means”? We know how much mainstream Egyptology despises “Pyramidiots” and believers in Atlantis and Extraterrestrials.

For related info see my thread Forbidden Egyptology

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
what great info it will take a bit to digest it all . thanx for taking the time and effort to put this together.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's obvious, that the egypt guy(cant spell his name..) is doing the same as he always has.

Found something out of place,(ootpart/ET symbols?) and has taken the time to keep it quiet, while he redecorates, to how it should be, placeing a few, artifacts here and there, and stashing/destroying the original objects.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
For anyone that doesnt want to read the OP, here´s a summary:

1. The Egyptian Ministry of Culture Announces that a new tomb was found in 2006...the first since 1922 (A few months after a conspiracy-magazine blows the lid).

2. Later it turns out that it was already discovered one year earlier, in 2005 by Otto Schaden of the University of Memphis.

3. Later it turns out that it was already discovered in the year 2000 Nicholas Reeves (who was subsequently falsely banned from excavations for "smuggling" - an accusiation that was later mysteriously retracted)

4. Later yet it turns out that it was already discovered in the 1980s.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

So whats so secret about this place?

I am so confused......

Why all the coverup?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

So whats so secret about this place?

I am so confused......

Why all the coverup?

I dont know. But since they do it so often, I´d guess its something really important, maybe money and power related.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I am intrigued. It certainly is odd that its been rediscovered so often. What's the scoop? Why hasn't National Geographic done a story on it yet? The sand hides many things.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I just looked at Mr. Reeves site and on the front page, it still claims his team discovered both KV 63 and 64 in 2000 using GPR. If he has renounced his claim to discovery, why does he publicly claim otherwise?

First detected by Reeves' team in 2000 using ground-penetrating radar (GPR), KV63 and 'KV64' represent the most important finds to have been made in the Valley of the Kings since Howard Carter uncovered the tomb of Tutankhamun in 1922.

www.nicholasreeves.com...

Interesting thread Sky. I have a passing interest in this stuff but am no where near as acquainted with the subject or the players as yourself. I know it doesn't surprise me that Dr. Hawass is obsfucating this discovery. It seems to be a calling card of his tenure as head of the SCA. As always, anything related to the discoveries in Egypt seem to be clouded by scandal and false and counter claims.

Anymore links for reading? I would like to read some more on this story.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It looks like he renounced his renouncement. Excellent find, thanks.

It could be that because of the stir this whole thing caused in Europe, he changed his website.

Sorry...dont have more to read on it just now. There´s a lot availible in German, Italian, Swedish...it always takes some time before it gets to the U.S.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, yes GAOTU...I checked it, and he has gone back to stating that he discovered it.

Strange.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hawass? Hiding things?!? NEVER!!!

Hopefully this will get more people questioning what the hell is going on! No recent discoveries since 1922?? Really? my arse, no discoveries announced since 1922.

Nice thread sky, Star and Flag, more people need to see this.

I was interested by the mention of Cayce, he supposedly guessed this was here 20 years before it's 'announcement? Interesting, I've always been on the fence about Cayce, he had some interesting ideas, but it was more his message. The tablet of Thoth had some incredibly interesting 'wisdom' in it, very thought povoking.

Anyway, good find.

EMM

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
I was interested by the mention of Cayce, he supposedly guessed this was here 20 years before it's 'announcement? Interesting, I've always been on the fence about Cayce, he had some interesting ideas, but it was more his message. The tablet of Thoth had some incredibly interesting 'wisdom' in it, very thought povoking.
EMM

Cayce-followers have a knack for knowing things long before they are published by the Egyptian Ministry of "Culture".

This is one of dozens of known cases and Im happy to say, a less known case.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have a feeling that this is probably down to wanting to keep looters away. Remember that an archaeological site is very sensitive to those who don't know what they're doing. If an item is removed it's basically worthless without knowing it's context (where and in what layer it was found).

The rational answer is usually the correct one :-)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh and the time discrepancies are probably down to the archaeologists love-hate relationship with paperwork and bureaucracy.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
I have a feeling that this is probably down to wanting to keep looters away. Remember that an archaeological site is very sensitive to those who don't know what they're doing. If an item is removed it's basically worthless without knowing it's context (where and in what layer it was found).

The rational answer is usually the correct one :-)

There´s nothing rational about false press releases, 4 different sources claiming discovery and an important thing like this being kept under the lid for years.

Also, dont forget that a fringe-conspiracy-mag published the discovery months before it was even known.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Our Egyptian friend has gone to great lengths to ensure if there were any great discoveries they would be made at the hands of Egyptians. Makes sense, national pride and all that. However do not be deceived. There are some forms of evidence that must be removed or destroyed.

He is part of an ongoing conspiracy to keep the truth from the public. My suspicions are 1. He wants to stop anyone from knowing the Egyptian culture was not the great empire everyone thinks and they merely settled in a place left over from a previous culture. 2. That there is direct evidence found in some of the tombs that points to a culture that was great and existed between 22000 and 12000 BC That would devastate modern man, should he learn everything he knows and was taught in the realm of history and archeology was a lie.

World culture shock is not on the menu, until the human race is more stable.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You know what else really gets my goat, is that Egyptologists blindly clamor along behind what some professor has told them, yet don't stop for one minute to think that all that great stone carving may have been done after the original carvings were shaved off and they may only be the second carved works on the same stones.

Could that be what they are trying so hard to hide? The current stone surfaces date properly but they need to make sure no original work is uncovered?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
You know what else really gets my goat, is that Egyptologists blindly clamor along behind what some professor has told them, yet don't stop for one minute to think that all that great stone carving may have been done after the original carvings were shaved off and they may only be the second carved works on the same stones.

Could that be what they are trying so hard to hide? The current stone surfaces date properly but they need to make sure no original work is uncovered?

Never thought of that, never heard it, never read it. Good thinking.

I know for certain they are hiding something. Otherwise there would be no need for them to be so desperately uptight and defensive...as I have experienced them in face-to-face contact.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Explains the differences in the sphinx rather well. What would you do if your tribes came upon a great abandoned civilization? Take it for yourselves and decorate? Scrape off all the old carvings and languages you didn't understand and replace them with your own? Perhaps mimic a language and writing that you never had?

The hall goes silent as they prepare the rebuttal that justifies the student loans.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Explains the differences in the sphinx rather well. What would you do if your tribes came upon a great abandoned civilization? Take it for yourselves and decorate?

Believe it or not, thats still happening today as the muslim faith is exploiting and abusing ancient egypt for their own purposes.

Yes, it would seem a culture it doesnt belong to hijacked it thousands of years ago.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join