It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The KV-63 Conspiracy: Ancient Egyptian Finds Kept Secret

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

there's an author who writes on the subject of ancient egypt, particularly as it relates to biblical prophecy and the antics of hawass, cayce and a few other interesting individuals throughout history. he had this theory that hawass was trying to find the burial site of osiris, because he was convinced osiris was a real, living individual. i agree with him. i think osiris (egyptian asar) was just his burial name, he had several others while alive, including narmer, enmerkar, nimrod and gilgamesh (for starters).

this is corroborated by the research of an egyptian archaeologist by the name of david rohl, who traced enmerkar (etc) to abydos, which is the founding city of dynastic egypt, and the site of the osirieon.

anyway....the author believes they are trying to find the burial location of osiris for several reasons, not all of them related to archaeology. it's an interesting read (for me, not sure others would be so enamored with it)

it's called the "Giza Discovery", you can read it for free here:
www.redmoonrising.com...

[edit on 28-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So Sky clearly state to us what you think they are hiding and why.

Since you've said that its not Aliens or Atlanteans, what has their aysh shami all overcooked?

[edit on 28/9/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

An interesting read. Thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Because people of the religious-zealot faction as well as people of the skeptics-faction have great difficulty and struggle entertaining unfamiliar terrain. I dont want to overwhelm them

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Howdy Sky

I believe I suggested that you clearly state what they are hiding. I don't seemed to have gotten an answer. I don't want to put words in your mouth so I'll ask again. What are they trying to hide? Since you appear to be saying in earlier posts that its not Aliens and Atlanteans - what is it then?

Tri-dimensional carrots who are into Shakespeare?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

First realization is that they are hiding something. Look at organizations that have some transparency and integrity in this world. You wont find thousands of books and websites attacking them for keeping secrets.

The second question is "What are they hiding?", and on this we can only speculate as long as it remains hidden and semi-hidden.

I have my ideas about what they are hiding and have already shared those ideas on other threads.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

First realization is that they are hiding something. Look at organizations that have some transparency and integrity in this world. You wont find thousands of books and websites attacking them for keeping secrets.

Hans: But do their members require to advance professionally to produce unique publications? Like most of science a certain amount of secrecy is needed so that credit can be assigned to discovers. I think you will find that there are even more books and websites attacking religion and politics, which are rather transparent in their own way.

You seem to be missing a key point. Of course there are thousands of books and websites doing what you say. But you have ID the wrong reason. The reason is much simpler

1. Believers believe in X
2. Believers cannot find evidence to support their idea of X
3. Believers (like many other humans) cannot conceive of being wrong
4. Since the believers cannot be wrong then the evidence must exist
5. So where is the evidence?
6. 'They' are hiding it

That my friend is the reason for all the nonsense. There has to be a reason all that evidence cannot be found (it CANNOT be that the evidence in fact doesn't exist). Therefore someone is hiding it.

The second question is "What are they hiding?", and on this we can only speculate as long as it remains hidden and semi-hidden.

Hans: Based on your previous posts I'd say that is Aliens and Atlanteans, so why all the hand waving about my bringing up Aliens and Atlanteans? LOL

I have my ideas about what they are hiding and have already shared those ideas on other threads.

Hans: See above

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Lets get more general here for a moment. The steady stream of extreme disagreement on these issues is caused by a more underlying, more essential difference in Cosmology/Worldview/Paradigm or whatever you want to call it. From one basic difference in mindset, all of the lesser disagreements such as our constant bickering in these Forums arise.

A summary of these two:

1. What we can see and prove = reality.

2. What we can see and prove = only 0,000000000001% of the whole of reality.

So you have these two factions constantly beating up on each other, one side asking some tangible evidence, the other side asking to discard the obvious and look into the unknown.

These two sides are further split into many subjections.

My personal Cosmology contains advanced civilizations that have been coming and going since Billions of years. Labelled "science-fiction" by the society you live in.

So that there is no more misunderstanding as to where I and others are coming from: Everything labelled imagination and science-fiction by one faction, is labelled real by the other and vice-versa.

The fact that this sci-fi Cosmology is not accepted as real by this society, leads us to believe that it is somehow being covered-up or cut-off from our direct awareness.

I understand this is all quite bizzare to you, but how do you think I feel when someone says "Civilization exists since a few thousand years and is the result of evolutionary coincidence".

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
why the argument from ignorance? we have data and evidence. some of the best kind -- written and artifacts. some folks keep insisting there's no evidence. of course there's evidence, just some won't accept it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hey there Sky (long time no type),

Reading your OP gave me mega deja vu ... if you switched the name Reeves for West, you'd never know the difference.

And I think it's getting just a little bit creepy how the 'accused' always seem to buckle ... how does he get them to do that ? Does he use threats / blackmail / buy them off / brainwash them ???

Either way something is very wrong with this picture ... and so it goes on ... who's next on his 'makeover list' ?
Has he replaced the real Hancock / West / Reeves (and God knows who else) with humanoid replacements ... because let's face it, they seem to have turned into the 'Stepford Wives' of the Egyptology world and Zahi Hawass is in charge of their remote controls !

You know my opinion of Hawass (the very mention of his name brings me out in a rash ... I'm covered in hives as I type this)
But seriously, it's getting ridiculous ... these guys have had such a passion for their work and discoveries for years and suddenly our friend Hawass claims 'their' discoveries are 'his' discoveries and they are spies or have Nazi connections (as in the case of West).

If you read this in a book you'd thing it was a work of fiction ... and a bad one at that ... UNBELIEVABLE !!!

Woody

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Good to see you here Woodwytch

Sky

I'm aware of your basic belief system and have seen it in others. Your use of that number is odd, didn't you just make that up?

My personal Cosmology contains advanced civilizations that have been coming and going since Billions of years. Labelled "science-fiction" by the society you live in.

Hans: Unproven would be a more likely description, but as you stated it is your "personal cosmology". Nothing more and nothing less

So that there is no more misunderstanding as to where I and others are coming from: Everything labelled imagination and science-fiction by one faction, is labelled real by the other and vice-versa.

Hans: So you consider the Pantheon to be imagination and sci-fic LOL

The fact that this sci-fi Cosmology is not accepted as real by this society, leads us to believe that it is somehow being covered-up or cut-off from our direct awareness.

Hans: Given that your imaginary cosmology is not believed in isn't surprizing at all. How can what you believe exists which is non material be somehow blocked by the material world you don't believe exists at all - why would you care?

I understand this is all quite bizzare to you, but how do you think I feel when someone says "Civilization exists since a few thousand years and is the result of evolutionary coincidence".

Hans: Not at all I have been involved with fringe for many years- however there are so many different versions, its hard to catagorize it.
Civilization does go back at least 12,000 years ago, most probably to 15,000 and probably farther as we get more information. It also depends on your definition of civilization.

So what happens when you meet someone whose alternative version of world is difference from yours? You appear to be following a "I'm the universe" approach and the world and reality revolves around your personal interpretation.

Now that is fine, I know a number of people like that (pointing me out as a person who grew up in the sixties) but that begs a question. Why do you try to use science to prove your own reality? By your own definition it cannot - it would seem a fools errand.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
One other note

Hawass boss and the guy who appointed him is the Farouk Hosny, he is the Ministry of Culture.

The previous guy who held Zahi's job was Étienne Drioton, but it's a trick question.

There is another secret in this but then why interfere with belief based fear of Zahi! LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Hans: Given that your imaginary cosmology is not believed in isn't surprizing at all. How can what you believe exists which is non material be somehow blocked by the material world you don't believe exists at all - why would you care?

I didnt say I believe the material world doesnt exist. We only rate its importance in the scheme of all things a bit lower.

Hans: Not at all I have been involved with fringe for many years- however there are so many different versions, its hard to catagorize it.

Not that difficult. Its all based on the simple premise of there being more. This is at odds with the earth-centric ("we are the center of creation") and time-centric ("our time is the most advanced time") view that the majority holds.

So what happens when you meet someone whose alternative version of world is difference from yours? You appear to be following a "I'm the universe" approach and the world and reality revolves around your personal interpretation.

Im not following a "I am the universe" approach when I say that the universe is densely populated and ETs have been coming and going since billions of years. Dont misrepresent it. When I meet someone with a different version? So what. There are as many versions of reality as there are people.

Now that is fine, I know a number of people like that (pointing me out as a person who grew up in the sixties) but that begs a question. Why do you try to use science to prove your own reality? By your own definition it cannot - it would seem a fools errand.

To build bridges between various points on the spectrum. Its a value one can have in life.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

This is at odds with the earth-centric ("we are the center of creation") and time-centric ("our time is the most advanced time") view that the majority holds.

Other than the religious hordes few scientists hold the view that we are the center of creation. For most advanced? The only evidence we have shows that on this planet that is true. No other evidence points elsewhere. I would suspect that their are more advanced cultures elsewhere in the universe.

I still say you are wasting your time. But à chacun son goût !

Regards

Hans

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Earlier post

Later post

I didnt say I believe the material world doesnt exist. We only rate its importance in the scheme of all things a bit lower.

One could take your first comment as having the meaning you denounce in the later post however.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

I still say you are wasting your time. But à chacun son goût !

The search for extraterrestrial life is a joy. Joy is never a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Oh the search for that is interesting as are other civilization. I was referring to your method of doing so. The goal is admirable but the path isn't in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The goal is admirable but the path isn't in the right direction.

Ever since taking the path Im taking Ive been contacted by the right people, in the right positions, with the right new information and the right confirmation.

So it cant be as bad as you paint it.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So what have you been able to prove?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So what have you been able to prove?

Staying only with the topic of this thread Ive been able to prove beyond a any doubt:

* That a conspiracy-magazine published something the Egyptian Ministry of Culture published two months later.

* That KV-63 was kept secret for years.

* That the Egyptian Ministry of Culture released false/misleading information.

* That Otto Schaden, Reeves and Hawass and others contradicted each other on the subject several times.

* That the pseudoskeptics showing up here use deflection-tactics when they have nothing to put against the facts.

Thats good enough for one thread.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join