It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at the UN?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by DroolsAlot

IAEA has cleared Iran of all weaponized nuclear power. Multiple times.
A report by 16 government agencies cleared Iran of weaponized nuclear ambitions less than a year ago.
UN inspectors are respected and welcome, currently inspecting Iran's nuclear facilities.

There's no reason to blindly follow anyone's word. If people say "he is bad." You ask "why?" If they don't tell you, look for yourself. Weird, juvenile sense there, I know.

really so the IAEA isnt suspicious.

In a report last week, ElBaradei had accused Iran of stalling an UN investigation into its disputed nuclear programme
source Guess we will find out tomorrow when they report on Iran activities.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

They've been cleared for the past 2,190 days. I don't see what would change, regardless of a stall. And what's the deal with them having nuclear energy anyway? Every industrialized nation around them has it, and they are the most democratic state in the Middle East.

Double standards, much?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

I don't view him as any more evil than the current US president and his advisors.

That is a real shocker coming from this board and an Iranian.
What dont I believe.
1. His nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
2. "the American empire is reaching the end of its road." WRONG
3. Israel,"a definite slope to collapse." NOT GONNA HAPPEN
4. All of the Love and Peace BS he is also spewing.
Basically dont believe any of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We need to compile all the pretty pictures of Iran we can, all the history, and then nuke them off the face of the planet. Islam is a cancer, and it must be cut from society. As time goes by that feeling is spreading. How long until we see Christian Terrorist groups setting off car bombs in Mecca?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by SciDoc

I don't view him as any more evil than the current US president and his advisors.

That is a real shocker coming from this board and an Iranian.
What dont I believe.
1. His nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.Prove it they arent for peaceful purposes. But lets assume the WERE getting nuke weapons. How many countries has Iran invaded in the past 100 years?
2. "the American empire is reaching the end of its road." WRONGOh really? I want to see you say that when we are FORCED to bring all of our troops home from around the world because we are bankrupt and cant maintain the empire
3. Israel,"a definite slope to collapse." NOT GONNA HAPPENOh it will happen. When the Jews of Israel wake up and realize the people that claim are looking out for their interest are really just using them as pons youll see some change. Its already happening.
4. All of the Love and Peace BS he is also spewing. once again how many countries have they invaded? How many times have we invaded them or overthrown their elected government?
Basically dont believe any of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
We need to compile all the pretty pictures of Iran we can, all the history, and then nuke them off the face of the planet. Islam is a cancer, and it must be cut from society. As time goes by that feeling is spreading. How long until we see Christian Terrorist groups setting off car bombs in Mecca?

Hmm no the christians just had the dark ages and the inquisition. You know all of those fun times. Oh and how many times did the muslims invade european nations through history. Not many. Now lets ask how many times has europe invaded them?

I agree they have some real issues with some fanatics right now but to throw them all under the bus is just wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by tide88

And what's the deal with them having nuclear energy anyway?

I dont know, maybe comments like this

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday the solution to the Middle East crisis is to destroy Israel. In a speech during an emergency meeting of Muslim leaders, Ahmadinejad also called for an immediate halt to fighting in Lebanon between Israel and the Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah.

Source
or how about that they back hezbollah

Hezbollah has been accused of committing a number of attacks and kidnappings.[92][93][94] Between 1982 and 1986, in the midst of the Lebanese Civil War, 36 suicide attacks were made in Lebanon against American, French, Lebanese, and Israeli targets by 41 people of different religions and political ideologies, killing 659 people.[95][19] Hezbollah has been accused of some or all of these attacks, but responsibility is disputed, and Hezbollah has denied being involved in any of them.[96][97][98] These attacks included the April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing,[99] the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing,[92][94][99] and a spate of attacks on IDF troops and SLA militiamen in southern Lebanon.[19] The period also saw the hijacking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985,[92] and the Lebanon hostage crisis from 1982 to 1992.[94] More recently, Hezbollah has been accused of the January 15, 2008, bombing of a U.S. Embassy vehicle in Beirut.[citation needed]

Outside of Lebanon, Hezbollah has been accused of the 1992 Israeli Embassy attack in Buenos Aires,[92][94] and the 1994 AMIA bombing of a Jewish cultural centre, both in Argentina.[92] According to Nasrallah, however, Hezbollah refused any participation in operations outsideLebanese and Israeli lands before 2008.

Of course if it is just for peaceful purposes, then I see no problem. Of course I am not sure why they need it. They have quite a bit of oil. And the cost outweighs the benifits.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I am actually a European/Iranian with permanent resident status in the US....just want to clarify that.

Lets say for one moment you are correct. Iran is building a WMD. Do you in all honesty believe that Iran will use it. Scenario: The day it gets built, Iran hits the red button and sends the missile and "wipes Israel from the face of the map"...is this what you are afraid of?

I sincerely hope that you have logically rationalized the consequences of that action.

Also, Russia, Israel, India, Pakistan and China all have nuclear weapons...do you live in fear that they might use it? Just a question

hypocrisy

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It is very easy to believe someone when they say what you want to hear.

This guy was in front of a world stage, he was blowing smoke. To believe anything that comes out of any politician's mouth in that environment, Christian, Muslim, or Jew, is being extremely naive.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

So you really believe that Bush and Cheney, or as I like to call them, The Emperor and Darth Vader are nice guys who have your best interests at heart?
Over 4,000 of our young people are dead fighting a war that has only made Haliburton and other corporations rich, and caused the Middle Eastern nations to go from disliking us to HATING us!
As a veteran, I am appalled by what that man has done! Sure, the Iranian Government hates us, but who can blame them??? Can't you see that we are in this mess due to DECADES of bad foriegn policy decisions! Yeah, they wish us harm, but after being the schoolyard bully for so many years, can you blame them????

[edit on 23-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

You left this out

"Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime, at this stage an immediate cease-fire must be implemented," he said.

He wants the Zionist regime gone. Didnt say anything about wiping out all of the Jews or nuking Israel. The Israelis need a regime change just like we do over here. But we need EVERYONE kicked out of our government. Then we need to charge them with treason for destroying our country.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Sadly, I have met many people like this. Hatred is quite an ugly thing

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This guy and the Clerics (who really run the country) are raving lunatics! The Clerics believe it would be GREAT to die in a blaze of glory and get those seven virgins, while killing everyone in the US and Isreal. I say lets get them first! Don't let the "sly fox" fool you! They are liars!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
This guy and the Clerics (who really run the country) are raving lunatics! The Clerics believe it would be GREAT to die in a blaze of glory and get those seven virgins, while killing everyone in the US and Isreal. I say lets get them first! Don't let the "sly fox" fool you! They are liars!

Ill ask you the same question. How many countries in the past 100 years or 200 years has Iran invaded?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK

This guy and the bankers (who really run the country) are raving lunatics! The bankers believe it would be GREAT to go to war and suck the citizens dry of all their hard earned income, all while shoving propaganda and preying on the ignorance of the common american. I say lets them first!! Don't let these "sly foxes" fool you! They are liars!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by SciDoc]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

How many innocent people have been the victim of Iranian state sponsored terrorism? Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Hamas.... etc

The argument of how many countries has Iran invaded in the last 200 years is an apples to oranges comparison.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

No I do not think they will hit a red button. However they may sell it to someone who would smuggle it into the US or Isreal and set it off. Maybe a dirty or suitcase nuke. And no, I am not afraid of the other countries you have mentioned. They do not have religious fanatics who support terrorist groups (hezbolla) as their leaders. I have never once heard Bush say we need to wipe Iran of the face of the earth. They hate us for who we are. There are many over there that I am sure are great people, not fanatics. However their leaders are. And nobody with that kind of hate should have access to Nuclear Weapons. Now go ahead and respond and tell me that bush is evil. Lets me put it this way. If the scenario was switched. If iran was the USA. They lived here and had our weapons capabilities with their leaders and ideology. And Christians and Jews lived in the middle east with our democracy and freedoms, how long do you think it would take for them to invade us. They wouldnt even bother. I believe they would nuke is without thinking twice. Wipe us off the face of the earth. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

Correct Scidoc. The fact is we have to many sheeple here in America. Instead of doing their own research they eat up everything the government feeds them. The fact is American propaganda is the best in the world bar nun. People keep saying that Iran needs to be wiped out and they are some huge thread but I cant get anyone to tell me one country Iran has invaded in the past 100 years.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xodiac
reply to post by mybigunit

How many innocent people have been the victim of Iranian state sponsored terrorism? Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Hamas.... etc

The argument of how many countries has Iran invaded in the last 200 years is an apples to oranges comparison.

No its not apples and oranges. It shows how aggressive they are in nature and looking at history they are not. Let me ask you a question. You see how religious the Iranians are dont you? Let me ask you a question why would they nuke their holiest sites in Israel? Why would they wipe out with a nuke things that these people go gaga over like the temple on the rock and what not?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
They wouldnt even bother. I believe they would nuke is without thinking twice. Wipe us off the face of the earth. What do you think?

I think you need to answer my question. How many countries has Iran invaded in the past 100 years?

The fact is the only aggressive ones in the US Iran relation ship is our government. Not only have we lied to these people after WW1 we then overthrow an elected government in 53. We then shoot down a Civilian airplane in the 80s and also back Sadam in the invasion of Iran by giving Sadam chemical weapons.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join