It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another school shooting in Finland happening right now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
His "Press statement"

rapidshare.com...

Mirror
www.parazite.fi...
[edit on 23-9-2008 by Nuupio]

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Nuupio]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Nice gun control but a damn shame he had to kill and injure people to prove a point that I fear only he knows

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
9 dead

local finish paper

and radio brief ,

the shooter is alive and being guarded by the police

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It seems that the shooter's YouTube videos and images at the Finnish IRC gallery have been pulled immediately after his identity was confirmed.

In one of the videos, a young man is shooting his Walther P22 at a shooting range, emptying his clip very rapidly in two seconds, and finally saying "Goodbye".

In the third video, the camera is placed on a ground, looking upwards towards the sky, as if simulating the view of a person lying down on his back. Then the same young man appears above the camera with his gun, saying "You will die next!" and shoots a couple of times right at the camera or just a few inches below it as if targeting the "victim's" chest. The camera jumps sickeningly at each shot.

In one of the images in his image gallery the young man is pointing the gun directly at the camera at a very close range, smiling and waving goodbyes with his hand.

This is sick, we really didn't need another wacko school shooting here.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I totally agree, its sick to see this type of thing and even sicker that he planned it and made such videos. I am glad the videos have been pulled, for the families of the dead and injured if nothing else.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

from what ive stumbled across he had some sort of revenge urge going ,
but apart from that id say its simply an impulse act of idiotism ,

he had left "massacre at kauhajoki " notes on an IRC community page and the youtube videos only shows he was crying for attention ,

this incident is a serious blow back for thouse that acturly practice gun range shooting ,
but i have to agree to some degree that how in the sane world did this fellow in the first place get ahold of the gun,

at least in my county the police is very strict on who gets a gun and who dosent, here you have to prove that you acturly have it as a hobbie including gun range diary and approval from the gun range keepers and the gun club members have to aprove that you can handle a gun.

dont know about hunting but i bet you wont get a .22 for deer hunting nor moose hunting

sinsierly zerbot565

[edit on 23-9-2008 by zerbot565]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Ok. Now it is over 10 dead. Shooter is maybe alive. Possible shooter: M.Saari 22 years old. Maybe from Oulu city? You-tube account is frozen.

Jokela shooter Pekka-Eric Auvinen made similar kind videos..

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

You've got the finnish gun control described accurately. One addition is that you can't get hand guns for hunting purposes, as hunting with "one handed" weapons is banned.

Ps. The control has tightened recently, i have to go to an interview by the police in order to get my third license (.45 ACP Pistol for IPSC Single Stack division, i already have a 9mm pistol and 7.62mm semiautomatic rifle) A year ago i could have gotten the license in 2 days without an interview.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
apparently we have a bomb situvation aswell going on in connection to the school shooting incident

the bomb is apparently placed at a school in seinajoki

at the moment bomb sniffing dogs are searching the premiter

everyone is being evacuated

----
update

9 dead from the school incident and its confimed (radio brief 14:33 local time )
the shooter is still alive and being guarded by the police

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by northwolf

im very well informed , my wife just had to study and pass the course for the judges pass inorder to partisipate in track shootings competitions,

i my self still have a bit to go if i want to start competing in rifle track shooting and still wait for aproval if i want to buy a TSG.

sincierly Zerbot565

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Shooter name: Matti Juhani Saari

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

That poor bastard is still strugling alive on the hands of doctors and Tampere's university hospital. Police has isolated the hospital. Doctor that is treating the shooter said that he tries everything to keep him alive, but the forecast is not good.

-v

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The most alarming thing is that the police had interrogated Saari just two days ago, on Monday, because of his suspicious YouTube shooting videos. But they decided that there's no reason to cancel his gun license that he'd only gotten a month ago.

Perhaps he had acted completely normally and convinced the police, as psychopaths are often capable of doing so if they only want to. However, this guy would have gotten a gun in any case, legal or not.

I'm pretty sure our government will ban all handguns in Finland quite soon, and after that the gun-related crimes will be committed using illegal guns only. Which are, by the way, often easier to get than legal guns, and will always be available to those who really want them, regardless of the gun control laws.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The police new the shooter had a gun and was queastioned yesterday about the videos he posted in Youtube but the police didn't take any steps to stop this.
The shooter got his firearm license in august this year.It was his first gun.

Sad....really,really sad.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hande

Jokela shooter Pekka-Eric Auvinen made similar kind videos..

Is he throwing gang signs?
What grades(at the school) were affected?
Sorry for you in Finland....

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When, oh when will all this nightmare end?
Finland is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, this is not a product of their society: what does happen to these people's minds?.
Rest In Peace all the victims of this craze.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Lithium

In a way, the cops most likely encouraged him to do it, because then he must've thought that the time was running out cuz' police was after him

Again, good thinking from officials

-v

[edit on 23-9-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is pretty gruesome

And of course the gunlaws will restricted because 'people are dangerous with guns!' I'm curious how people get psyched like that.

I'm just happy that the only thing we get in the Netherlands is suicidal shroomers that take care of the psychedelics in our country. But it is the same M.O. you got.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Shooter is DEAD now!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A Very sad day for Finland

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join