It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nashville Gas Crisis Cover-Up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
News report tonight in Atlanta said maybe next week the situation will improve. Emphasis on maybe. The fact that we can't seem to get a serious date is getting concerning.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the advertised "Stay at home week." Is that this week? There are a lot of coincidences lately, making this a very exciting election year.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I just caught this thread and wanted to comment since I am in TN.

I live in Ripley...it is about middle ways on the west side of TN. My wife told me that today when she got gas all they had was 87 grade in all 3 pumps at the local Walmart station. It was $3.66, which is a drop from $3.89 from last week.

Friday they ran out of 87 grade and all they had was 93 which they began letting people buy 93 for the price of 87. But Friday's it is like a $h@t storm when waiting to get gas around here. I let her get the gas because I am most likely to hurt someone for cutting me off to get in line after I have waited an hour for my turn.

I hope this blows over because we kinda really need the ability for my wife to make it to work. I work from home, but we rely on the insurance and money with her job. I see very dark times comming soon and as bad as it is right now, It seems nothing compared to what we will end up with.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leroy
Many people took Quazi176's advice and found gas in the wee, wee hours.

I would like to add that going and filling up Monday through Thursday, especially in the wee hours, along with driving only when necessary, will help ease the burden on the pumps over the weekend, and allow supply to replenish.

Also the Walmart in Hermitage (off Lebanon Rd) is installing larger storage tanks, if they can finish the install soon, there should be plenty of gas there.

edit to add, does anyone have a link to the Karl Dean photo that was in the Tennessean the other day?

[edit on 9/23/2008 by coven]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
The cashier at the QT I went to today said it had something to do with the Refineries???

East Oklahoma here.

Today has been a strange day. Had a traveler come in to where I work, who stated that gas was going for $3.19 in Okie City. I had bought some last Wed. for $3.39 (Tulsa area).

However, on the local six oclock evening news (CBS), the shortage on the East Coast was briefly mentioned. Then it was reported that Tulsa area Q.T.'s were having trouble and only about half of them have gas at this time.

They said it had something to do with where QT buys their gas from an East Coast vender and that Tulsa would not run out because we have venders from many different locations.

Now, the question is, are they telling the truth or are we beginning to see the tip of the iceberg creeping west?

Next on was the national news, and it never said a word about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oak Ridge, TN was completely out of gas at all stations as of last night and this morning.

I was able to find some regular in Knoxville yesterday, but many of the stations are completely out of at least one grade (some have none at all).

Some of the retail chains seem to have a supply, while others don't. It's really kind of surreal driving around and seeing bags on the pump handles and no prices posted!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Keeb, yeah, that is just what it was like here for the last 5 days. But, the gas appears to be coming back to Nashville, so if badmedia is correct, points east should have gas on the way. I don't want to be unalarmist, but I'm hoping this thing is lifting. It does seem like it will be an awfully slow recovery though. From here on, I'm not letting my tank drop below half full. If I can help it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm in West Nashville, I never even thought of posting it 'cause I just assumed everywhere else was having shortages, but handling it like adults.

It's almost as though Nashville has been used as a testing ground to see what the public does when panic is introduced.
If so, we failed miserably.

One mention of a possible shortage of fuel and eveyone freaked out and stared hoarding. Gas sales in Nashville doubled during this 'crisis'.

At the first sign of a snow flake it's the same thing.
The shelves in stores are emptied of food.
Maybe Nashville is full of survivalists!

Most places around here have been out of of fuel for a week or so, but there is one Pilot station around the corner that never lost supply.
The lines of cars were in the hundreds in both directions, constantly for two days, blocking traffic.
It was the craziest thing I've ever seen.
Trucks trying to deliver couldn't even get into the drievway to unload.

There were riots at the station Friday night and police got involved.
Just crazy. Stupid thing is the shortage is centralized in Nashville.
Drive over the border to Kentucky and there's always been gas, no problems.

I'm just glad I get 40 miles to the gallon.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Greenville S. Carolina...family member who traveled to S. Carolina a few days ago, reported to me then that gas stations there were fine, no problems..
I got a call from him an hour ago and he said as he was leaving Greenville, he stopped to get gas..As he was pumping his gas the attendent came out, and told him that he could finish filling up, but when he was done they were closing because they were out of gas..
He then drove two towns away to his destination, I believe it was a town called Liman..not sure of the spelling,and he says all along the way there were gas stations that were closed due to no gas...
I personally think this is NOT due to hurricaine Ike and the pipeline issue..I truely believe that CREDIT is being frozen. They told today on the congress hearings that they have already heard of credit being frozen on big items such as car loans, and home loans because of fear..
I'm sure it is VERY expensive to fill underground tanks at stations..that to me would be a very large credit...
I think ppl need to take a longgg look into this.........

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
I personally think this is NOT due to hurricaine Ike and the pipeline issue..I truely believe that CREDIT is being frozen. They told today on the congress hearings that they have already heard of credit being frozen on big items such as car loans, and home loans because of fear..
I'm sure it is VERY expensive to fill underground tanks at stations..that to me would be a very large credit...
I think ppl need to take a longgg look into this.........

I believe you are right. Alabama just lost a big car dealership, Bill Heard Chevrolet, due to frozen credit. I'm not sure if it was 100 or 1000 jobs, but they were all lost, today.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Buying a car is "Credit" , buying a home is "Credit", and getting large quantities of gasoline is "Credit"...Its not the pipeline thats causing the shortages..It's wallstreet effecting Main street...which is us!
People don't want to believe this could happen to America, but it has already begun..
Gas now..whats next? Credit cards, food supply?
Now link the "no gas" to the reports that Army troops have been stationed in Kentucky..just in case there is civil arrest..In kentucky???
My advice is to stop living like you did last week..
Learn what to buy to stock up on food, and go on the net and learn how to live without somethings...Before its "Shock an Awe"

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Leroy

As a Nashvillian of a few years now, I have been able to get gas (if I had needed to) for about 2 days now. Before that, plenty of the city WAS OUT of gas, and if they weren't out, they were having a maximum of $25 fillup or charging something ridiculous like $4.49 a gallon, for REGULAR.

Now, most places I have been to have regular gas, but no where I have seen has mid-grade or premium yet.

Pretty ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
jus a quick..

i hope it's not the half an half they running in miss half eth/half gas wich will give you worst gas mile for the same price to boot

anyways i live 100miles out form nash in iron city on border with ala we went from ration gas to the new half an half no choice, an if it was not bad enough we now have the nat guard playing the war games or as i like to call it "stand by for when the sheet hits the fan"...

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Solari]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solari
jus a quick..

i hope it's not the half an half they running in miss half eth/half gas wich will give you worst gas mile for the same price to boot

anyways i live 100miles out form nash in iron city on border with ala we went from ration gas to the new half an half no choice, an if it was not bad enough we now have the nat guard playing the war games or as i like to call it "stand by for when the sheet hits the fan"...

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Solari]

Are you saying that your national guard is on stand by there?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
THIS if true, is a super big story. WHO CAN CONFIRM!?!?! I shall write my tennesse buddy right now!

Asheville NC is out of Gas, the mayor, Tammy Belamy, was on the local news (WLOS) last night talking about the possibility of declaring a state of emergency. There are police at the remaining gas pumps, fights, school closings, the whole shebang. Not a word of it in the national news. At first they said it was due to the Colonial Pipelines running at 75% capacity, now they are saying it has something to do with an allotment and having so many owner operator gas retailers here. They say it will be a week or more before we get any more gas.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I live about 20 min. away from Knoxville. I am in Gatlinburg, TN. and I am here to tell you that we are still dealing with no gas. We went a full day with no gas, and some people still dont have any. The gas prices for some stations will change 3 times in one day. I have witnessed it myself. I have heard that some state reps. are filing a complaint and asking for an investigation. I hope so. I just wanted to post something and let you know that people here know whats going on and something is defintly going on.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If you are in the Knoxville area or close to the Strawberry Plains exit off of 40... the Pilot station there said they haven't run out and are keeping well supplied. I stopped there yesterday on the way home from the Doctor and bought gas for 3.36 a gallon. I was in shock! Here at home it is 3.89/gal and that is only a 30 minute drive west of here. Amazing.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
they calling it a drill but i find the timeing fabulous

but for 2 days now they been doing the standard rolling thru the streets an low flybys.
its jus a bit spooky being a rural town aka if you blink you will miss it an to have them rolling around all day an night.

who know's perhaps they looking for ole willie an his magical corn running bus

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Im also in west nashville....the gas situation is getting better here. Not as many stations are out of gas. It wasnt that we were completely out of gas it was just because everyone was trying to get gas and the stations ran out. They usually had another truck coming the next day and would then run out again. There were huge lines at the gas stations that did have gas and there were reports of fights breaking out

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Central North Carolina.....

High Point-Greensboro-Winston Salem area basically out of gas.
Didn't really start till this morning.(Friday)
Again, the promise of more gas this weekend. Keep hearing the pipeline is back up to near 100%.
Police are monitoring stations because of fights breaking out at the pumps.
I heard of some people camping out overnight, waiting for shipments to arrive in Charlotte.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join