It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it illegal to talk about drugs here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm not talking about using illegal drugs and advocating for other people to use them. I read some accounts of a guy who used drugs to try to get enlightenment and I wanted to know if I could talk here on ATS in the forums that are appropriate for that kind of stuff about what was said in the book. I wouldn't be focusing on the drug aspect of the book. I would be talking about the merit of the book.

Is that okay? Can I do that as I'm not advocating the use of drugs?

Or can I just not talk about drugs at all?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Any such discussion is usually reserved for the R.A.T.S. forum to avoid the immature banter that tends to occur when dealing with topics like that.

You've got the points for R.A.T.S. access, so as long as you keep it within the T&Cs you should be fine there.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Any discussion of the use of illegal drugs is against the t&c.
Even if the discussion is about altruistic uses.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

What if I just talked about the ideas that the book had about the possibility of expanding your own consciousness through meditation that is not from drugs? The author still had some very interesting ideas.

RATS would be the appropriate place for the discussion? Is RATS really worth it?

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

A moderator will be able to answer you better.
Obviously you can talk of spiritual enlightenment to your heart's content. I do it all the time. A good way to approach it is to err on the side of caution when referring to any illegal drug. And keep in mind ATS is a global site, so if it is illegal anywhere it is against the T&C. If you are not sure, you can always ask one of the forum moderators before you start a thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Is R.A.T.S. "worth it"? Check it out for yourself. Really, what else are you saving points for? You might as well use them for the full ATS experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Was I close in my answers?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Pretty much spot on. While discussions about conspiracies on/alternative discussions on drugs are allowed in RATS we are pretty strict on those threads because 9/10 times the discussions turn to personal use which immediately gets the thread locked/trashed.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
While discussions about conspiracies on/alternative discussions on drugs are allowed in RATS we are pretty strict on those threads because 9/10 times the discussions turn to personal use which immediately gets the thread locked/trashed.

Very true. That's is why I made sure to say; "You've got the points for R.A.T.S. access, so as long as you keep it within the T&Cs you should be fine there.".

[edit on 9/22/08 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

R.A.T.S. I have to check that place out one of these days.
I worked so hard for my points though, plus I hear one million gets you a hat.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I hear one million gets you a hat.

A "hat" huh? Nah, 1 mil just gets you an upgrade to the xl implant, and we both know that it doesn't go anywhere near your head.

[edit on 9/22/08 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It's 5,000 points, right? And that's only once. I think it's 250 points a month after that. It's not as if you're going to spend that 75,000 points on the new ATS Porsche, is it?

And whoever told you about the million points hat, forgot to mention that the hat is made from Tin Foil and that it gets you on the FBI's watch list...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

And whoever told you about the million points hat, forgot to mention that the hat is made from Tin Foil and that it gets you on the FBI's watch list...

Well somebody is saving 1 million points!!

Hell I am even selling my ATS Porsche for the cause!

First I need the BTS God to bring my points back to life tho

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Oh and, I lick toads

*Puts on ATS tin-foil cloak and vanishes*

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

S...

new topics

top topics

join