It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Man has made what goes faster than light itself...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Oh, it is quite true. This idea led to Einstein's time dialation observation, which has been proven.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I'm not positive, but I don't think that is how it works. Light speed is constant relative to position. Meaning, if I am in a craft moving at half the speed of light and I turned on my headlights, one may think that the light-beam only moves away from the craft at the OTHER HALF the speed of light, but this isn't so. The light still moves away at 186,000 miles per second.

Light speed is constant relative to position. It is a barrier. I've read on the ultra-dimensional ideas and how they speculate they can possibly fold space this way, but I don't understand it at all. And I really don't think anyone else does either. Unless someone is simply withholding the info.

That's not the right example, because other things would behave the way the light does. For example, during a dogfight, A plane that flies at 330 m/s is chasing after B plane that flies at the same speed. The muzzle velocity of A plane's cannon is slightly above 332 m/s. The pilot of the B plane figures that if his foe pulls the trigger, the projectiles will hit his plane with the effect of 332 m/s minus 330 m/s, which amounts to a harmless knock at 2 m/s. But he figured wrong:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Mabus
and faster than instant itself!!!"

^^What do you think is made so in that respect by man?

Maybe they are talking about your bowel movements after eating at a bad mexican restaurant.....i know thats almost faster than instant

But seriously....if you were on some sort of craft moving at the speed of light....and you somehow walked at 1mph to the front of the craft...would you be moving 1mph quicker than the speed of light? Sorry im a bit rusty on my physics

I think, if I remember rightly from school, the answer is no, you wouldn't be. But I really can't remember why, just that it has to do with relativity.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recouper

But seriously....if you were on some sort of craft moving at the speed of light....and you somehow walked at 1mph to the front of the craft...would you be moving 1mph quicker than the speed of light? Sorry im a bit rusty on my physics

I think, if I remember rightly from school, the answer is no, you wouldn't be. But I really can't remember why, just that it has to do with relativity.

------------> --------------> journeybystarlight.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Ok Mabus, I've tried to understand your thoughts, but I have failed.

I don't know how much you know about physics or relativity and related subjects, but I suggest you study some of that and maybe your mind will change on the original OP statement.

Maybe I'll get you in a couple hours or days, but till then, I'm still confused on how your theory would work or how it's possible.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
From place to place a still object, in of itself, is in it's own place faster than light speed. That is faster than reaching a distance in light speed in of itself. Again, it's a case wthin a case within a case etc. Just because a still object here aint even on Mars doesnt mean it, in itself, isnt faster than light speed.

No one's anything else can top a still object that's was man-made by a faster speed. Prove me wrong! Ha! Whoever tries is the one reaching.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Not trying to bash the OP's writing skills, but I'm having a really hard time understanding the sentances, and thus the logic in his posts.. It might be the fact that english is not my native language, or the OP's, but right now all I read is jibberish..

No one's anything else can top a still object that's was man-made by a faster speed.

Perhaps some can clarify the OP's theory in some easier to understand grammar?

Again, not trying to bash the OP, just wan't to join into the discussion since these kind of topics do interest me

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No one's anything else can top a still object that's was man-made by a faster speed. Prove me wrong! Ha! Whoever tries is the one reaching.

Even if all these man-made objects

move three times the speed of light toward you, it's still too late.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Can I have some of what ever you're smoking?

Speed is measured in units, from Mph to Light years. Your theory states no measurement...I honestly don't know what you're trying to say.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Final example to remove any actual doubt, not the fronting, claimed doubt...

When you shake a rock... Is it shaken in all cases? No!

The rock, in of itself, remains still. Your shaking cant take that away from the rock if it remains intact the same rock before and during your even shaking it in hand in how it is meant being.

Sometimes you have to look inside the box and then look outside the box and then look being the box itself. Yeah, the drift is way understood in all cases.

Anything that is "being" is indicating it is doing something, even if it is still (*in of itself). So in conclusion it can be said that a still object man-made "does go" faster than the speed of light. It is doing so: being so.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
reply to post by Mabus

Can I have some of what ever you're smoking?

Speed is measured in units, from Mph to Light years. Your theory states no measurement...I honestly don't know what you're trying to say.

To measure what is faster than light speed, just use your common sense mind. Let your mind be the unit it can be measured in. You sure can measure that which can not be measured by outter instraments. You can measure what, in of itself, can not change in measurement.

Everything I mentoned in this thread towards the point is fact, not theory. Science even works with facts. Those of you using what you've learned may be basing everything on theory. Fact trumps theories. This thread's point is stronger than a diamond, so to speak. Hey, the facts speak. No argueing with it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I am still on the "what has he been smoking" side of the fence. I must assume that English is not the OPs native tongue. Not much of what he states makes any sense. Perhaps you would like to use your native language and those of us who are not limited to speaking only English could translate for the rest of ATS.

Ok .. The rock.... A rock like all material objects is made up of atoms. And yes even a still rock sitting on the ground is full of movement. The atoms within do indeed vibrate. The Electrons spin and all that. But in no way is it moving faster than the speed of light. If anything did move faster than light, you would not be able to see where it was. You would only be able to see where it had been. The light reflecting off of the object, moving slower than the object itself which is moving faster than light, would reach you after the object had moved to a new location.

As for man made objects.. well, in all reality man doesn't make anything. We simply reshape things that all ready exist. We do not make new atoms.

I'm thinking there is a considerable lack of education in physics going on, and this is simply a pipe dream. Twas brillig and the slithey toves did gire and gimble in the Wabe. All mimsey were the borougroves, and the mome wraths ourgrabe. Jaberwockey!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snift
I always figured the speed of thought was based on electrons moving and since they also move at the speed of light, would be equal.

Thats what I was just thinking, too.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

To measure what is faster than light speed, just use your common sense mind. Let your mind be the unit it can be measured in.

Aha. I was wondering about the unit that you measure speed with. Can you convert 1 crazy/s = ? meters/s, so everyone could fully understand the intricacies of your theory -- I mean fact.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

From place to place a still object, in of itself, is in it's own place faster than light speed. That is faster than reaching a distance in light speed

...or at least it would be if any actual distance had been travelled.

Good stuff, this. Mabus, what are your opinions on bankruptcy? Does it travel faster than light?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

if you were on some sort of craft moving at the speed of light....and you somehow walked at 1mph to the front of the craft...would you be moving 1mph quicker than the speed of light? Sorry im a bit rusty on my physics

Not in your frame of reference. Stick to meteorology friend

If a chemtrail leaves an aircraft at ... oh, nevermind.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Final example to remove any actual doubt, not the fronting, claimed doubt..
The rock, in of itself, remains still. Your shaking cant take that away from the rock if it remains intact the same rock before and during your even shaking it in hand in how it is meant being.

hmmmmm so now if you shake a rock, inside of the rock whilst shaking is going faster than the speed of light?

So why do I not hear any sonic booms when I break the sound barrier? as these are not theories but facts

[edit on 9/24/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states

Final example to remove any actual doubt, not the fronting, claimed doubt..

hmmmmm so now if you shake a rock, inside of the rock whilst shaking is going faster than the speed of light?

So why do I not hear any sonic booms when I break the sound barrier? as these are not theories but facts

[edit on 9/24/2008 by altered_states]

You can't hear any sonic boom, because a rock is not man-made. mabus apparently forgot about what he said before about man-made objects.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Actually...you're not exactly right. If you were in a car traveling at the speed of light and turned on the headlights...the light would not exceed the speed of the car...the speed of light is an absolute speed that governs the Universe...it is not cumulative. If it was you could launch a jet from the top of the car that was also going the speed of light and by you logic...the jet would be traveling at 2x the speed of light and then you could launch a missile from the jet that also was traveling at the speed of light so the missile would technically be travelling 3x the speed of light. Sorry guys...it's not cumulative.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join