It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Man has made what goes faster than light itself...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
lol

Light is on a path.. goes from a to b.. its just a measurment of light nothing more get over it..

there is things faster than light silly... why? becouse we know there is LOL

questions are dumb sometimes.. I mean theorecticly yes light is fast very fast.. but so is the path that light travels down..

Think of light as a car on a motorway ; ) someone BUILT the motor way... its just a matter of time befor we FLY over the motor way get it??

oh hum i give up back to maths,.,..

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Don't we all break the speed of light everytime we drive down the road and turn our headlights on?

Speed of light + speed of the car.

If the car is going from A > B surely we must add that speed to the light that is emmited from the headlight?

[edit on 3/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Light vibrations from any object is what we see.

Constant radiation in the atmosphere, there are 100 to 500 ions
per cu cm, excite electrons in atoms. Secondary Cosmic rays
are thus very necessary. A good experiment would be to shield
these rays, and what do scientists see, a flash a light.
Yeah I guess that proves it. Roam around in space and close
your eyes. Those would be Primary Cosmic Rays and much more
powerful. These particles most likely go faster than the speed of
light.

Excited electrons move between energy levels (quantum) and
emit light waves.

The green car paint electrons tell you the car is green.

Light is happening all the time, non stop, in perpetual motion.

ED: Light and Radio are waves that pass though a medium
that the can move only at light speed. The medium is ether
and comparable to sound speed in air.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Thank you.
I don't think the OP realizes he only see's what he see's because of light itself.
All the images we process are due to light being reflected off of what's being observed.

Mabus, whatever it is you're thinking- Is wrong.

The material for what we see is already here, is already in existance.
Things we create, like a cup, or plate, or car, are brought into existance.
Existing isn't a speed- So I don't get whatever point your trying to make.

Existing is a state of being- Existing, and speed, are not comparable.
So what's your point?

From what I can tell, you argue that because something is, it is therefore faster than light?
Is that right?
I'm not trying to come off as rude- But the way your trying to get your point across is very crude. If you could word it better; it'd be much appreciated.

If you are infact arguing, that existing means something is somehow "Faster than the speed of light" how could you ever have come to this conclusion?

Existance, and speed, are two entirely different things.
You didn't even support your statement; at least not well enough to make sense.

I'm sorry, but I can't see your reasoning for this assumption.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well technically EVERYTHING is already travelling at the speed of light... Not at the speed of light through space, so far as we know that is imposable... No rather we are travelling through Time at the speed of light.

I know that's pedantic and I dont care

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

"Man has made what goes faster than light itself...
and faster than instant itself!!!"

I have heard a lot of theories here on the ATS forums, but yours Mabus, "Really takes the cake!" Award.

Though I have not read every post of this thread, due to my snickering and bellows of sighs from utter "Dumb Shock" for lack of a better word, your theory, though it is yours and you are allowed to "Own It" for yourself, is undeniably "Unresearched gibberish.

Light allows you to perceive the object first of all, and "Why?" do you say?
"Because it is at a state of "Present" at close distance or with in your means of "Perception" for verification of the object(s)...

Here, it will take me all night to show you how mistaken you are on your theory, it is called "Galilean Space-Time" and it is what you perceive to be faster than speed of light catagorization of this bewildering and "Mind Numbing" explanation of yours, I wish you "no" offense Mabus, just got to get to know your applied sciences before such a "Unorthodox" bias acceptances of your personal physics rule or train of thought.

In Galilean Space-Time the physical existence of an absolute time is assumed. The pioneer of physics Isaac Newton defined it in the following way [1]:
"Absolute, true and mathematical time, in itself, and from its own nature, flows equally, without relation to any thing external; and by other name called Duration. Relative, apparent, and vulgar time, is some sensible and external measure of duration by motion, whether accurate or unequable, which is commonly used instead of true time; as an hour, a day, a month, a year. It may be, that there is no equable motion, whereby time may be accurately measured. All motions may be accelerated and retarded, but the flowing of absolute time is liable to no change."
Because of this absolute time the global notion of past, present and future is the same in all reference frames. If two events are simultaneous in one particular reference frame, this means that they are also simultaneous in all reference frames. Thus, there is a unique separation between past and future events - the line of present in the space-time diagram (see below). Within the framework of Galilean Space-Time, faster-than-light speeds are possible in principle. However, electromagnetical waves are limited not to exceed the speed of light c, which usually depends on the direction of the light signal the reference frame in which it is measured. The speed of light is constant only in the absolute space-time frame, which is also called the Newtonian rest frame.

There are also other practicalities that would apply to your theory as well.
Check out "Minkowski Space-Time" which i s relative to trying to measure anything to do with the speed of light acceptances.

aether.lbl.gov...

And we must not forget the"Light Refraction" stimulation that allows us to see as we currently do.

LIGHT
Reflection is bouncing off a barrier or interface. Refraction is bending of light's path at the interface between two media. All angles are to be measured from the normal to the surface. The incident angle and the reflected angle are equal. The refracted angle may be larger or smaller than the incident angle.

www.physics247.com...

I hope you take my post to heart for the evidence given, and I hope that in one way or the other , it will allow you "Not" accept your current ideologies of the speed of light and what is the speed of light personifications upon still objects that we currently view in our every day "Reality" of structures and physical "Existence" for those of us that are or were fortunate to see at one time or even now.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Well technically EVERYTHING is already travelling at the speed of light... Not at the speed of light through space, so far as we know that is imposable... No rather we are travelling through Time at the speed of light.

I know that's pedantic and I dont care

Explain how everything is already travelling at the speed of light?

if that were the case data transfer would be exceptionally fast
an So far we think it is impossible we don't know.
Like just hyperthetical try an work with this

Think of the earth orbiting the sun like it does but think of the sun being like 100 or 1000 times bigger and the earth being a super huge wide orbit hence the huge sun so we were still warm
an instead of the earth slowly turning on its axis think of the earth going around the sun on its orbit and that taking 24 hours
the earth could well be traveling on an orbit around the sun moving at the speed of light however with the gravity of earth we would just view a day as any other.

at the end of the day the speed of light is just a speed things may well go faster than it but we just dont know of many things that can.

Also if one was able to travel at the speed of light you would not get to a destination before you left FACT.
only way people could do that is if the clock at the destination was 1 minuet slow just like i get home from work with a 10 minuets to spare cause I don't set my clock to day light savings time or whatever.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
yeahhhhhhh... ive read all of mabus' posts and, it sounds like he has an idea yet tries to make it seem like some ground breaking theory by using the sentence structure that he does. like hes trying to be something. or someone. or maybe its just how he talks. /shrug.

light --------light---------------------> object
source

this is a freeze frame of someone turning on a light, with a man-made chair (like it matters) in the room.

the object is not moving, the light has not reached the object yet, therefore it must be traveling faster then the speed of light because it takes time for the light to catch up to it -- to reach the object.

/shrug......

[edit on 5-1-2009 by 30 Seconds]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus

To measure what is faster than light speed, just use your common sense mind. Let your mind be the unit it can be measured in. You sure can measure that which can not be measured by outter instraments.

I just like to quote Mabus and remind everyone replying to this thread that the world is as we perceive it each and individually. It is clear that in Mabus´s mind, man made objects are in fact faster than the speed of light. It is not debatable.

Just use your imagination people and you can see it too....I just visioned a coffee cup travel faster than light and it unmade it self.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Isn't this more along the lines of Schrödinger's cat than the speed of light?

Now if the mass of any particular particle was less than the mass of a particle of light then yes it should be able to travel faster than the speed of light in theory but at the same time also presents another problem of the propulsion of the item that has less mass than the particle of light.

Do we even know how much mass a light particle has?

Either way I think the op is confusing the speed of light with the Schrödinger's cat thing.

Edit: confusing is a bad term to use I guess more along the lines the op should look into the Schrödinger's cat theorem.

The perception of mankind that the object is there is only limited to the speed of light actually slightly less because we have to process the information we receive from the light, therefor it's the perception of the object that may be faster than the speed of light if we know it's there before the light particles hit it, however if we already knew then it would not be faster than the speed of light we simply would be cheating.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Modern theory suggests that the speed of light is constant. Travelling at 10,000kph and then switching a light on at the front of the "magic car" doesn't increase the speed of the light... it is constant...

I do not see how this figures into the rate of human perception, signals in the brain, generally in the range of 1-130mps (say, up to 450kph). Compare that with 1,071,360,000kph for light. Bit of a difference.

I am trying to understand the thesis here but cannot grasp it.

The theory of faster than light speed between distant articles may be a misnomer as this may be due to instantaneous communication - that is, immediacy of effect with no time interval between the events. This would lead to conclusions concerning the ability to break "time" barriers rather than speed.

Can anybody help by clarifying their understanding of the OP's proposition?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

Well from what i gather..

Lightspeed

A thing being mesured.. Is just one thing.. How is it able to do what it is??? how is it able to

a --- b

We know how LONG it takes to get from point at to point b ie lightyears ect.. So in theory you can go faster.. just becouse we can measure it..

Now i dont know if this is based on time.. But time does play a factor becouse of the nature of the universe..

Mad has Not made anything faster than light as it was already here to begin with..

But man can Observer faster than light "in his mind" and thats were it stays for now.. tooked up safe and sound in a mathamatical equation in you head you can not put onto paper "yet"

Hope that helps

Hi cube btw

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join