It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If full scale war reached our soil..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What would you say the probability of a full scale military conflict reaching our shores and soil? I say it is increasing, and the fact that the US forces are spread so far apart in other regions that itd be pretty easy to get a ways into the US before we can mount a counter attack to the invasion... Im watching Red Dawn right now hahaha which is why Im writing this. Not to mention with the increasing Russian threat, the weapons deals Russia is doing with Venezuela, Iran, and the war games it plays with China to oppose a US threat... I say the chances are high... What do you all think?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon. Right now the big concern is the economic crisis. However, China may see this as an opportunity, but I really do not see what they would have to gain by attacking us. We are the consumers.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First the Russians must see that we (USA) are involved in many conflicts globally, with many new enemies in waiting, militarily spread too thin. Then see that the US has a major economic crisis, and eventual collapse. Then when weakened and vulnerable enough... Instigate a conflict which will lead to world war..... One they believe they can win.

Of course none of that will ever happen.

Will it?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why are you Americans obsessed with Russian?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"I would never invade the United States, there would be a gun behind every blade of grass." - Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

America thinks Iraq or Afghanistan is bad?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The most likely war to be fought on our own soil will be a race or class war.

If the world powers watch the same MSM news casts I've watched lately, I can't imagine they would find anything of value here.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

Agreed.. another civil war would be more likely to occur, my guess because of race or disenfranchised class or social status.. There is credible speculation this may occur over the election.. riots in streets of our cities.. I surely hope it doesn't happen, but something to consider.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Speaking as a Brit, if the s**t does hit the fan and the Chinese, Russians and Cubans (don't forget the Cubans!) invade the USA could you please leave us out of the conflict? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

Agreed.. another civil war would be more likely to occur, my guess because of race or disenfranchised class or social status.. There is credible speculation this may occur over the election.. riots in streets of our cities.. I surely hope it doesn't happen, but something to consider.

I definitely agree with that... Although I don't see it so much as with race, but with political parties... The country is so divided, with Obama and Hillary destroying the Democratic party, and Bush laying the Republican party to rest... I dont think we will ever trust Republicans again, and we will look to Democrats for the salvation from our crisis... Only to be disappointed and thus people will be fed up with the government all together... So I to see a revolt or civil war more likely... However what side will our military be on is the question... Obviously the big question is which side will have the tanks, fighter jets, and technology on their side... While the other side has shotguns and pitchforks... However imagine if it did happen... No running water, nobody would come to help when you dialed 9-1-1, nor would we have any food... The country would essentially be frozen infrastructure wise until the conflict is resolved... If it ever is... I dont think people would be able to survive like that...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
LOL... no foreign invader could hold troops on the ground. Possibly in a few major cities for a short period of time unless American's were disarmed or it was "allowed" to happen by our own armed forces (which I doubt highly).

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
yes true, but you will be surprised how vulnerable we really are... I am a red blooded american patriot trust me... but I am also a realist and a full scale invasion of our country is not out of the impossible... however as I said earlier agreeing with the other posts it is more likely a conflict between beliefs with the american people, or classes... In the movie Children of Men in one scene where Clive Owen is in the coffee shop the news channel they are watching states America is in a civil war... It shows a US soldier in desert combat fatigues standing over a burning body in front of the White House... Not to mention V for Vendetta said America was in a civil war to...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ki11ma11

I'd say... whatever rules apply to martial law would be enforced in a civil war. I don't know what that means exactly but I did live thru the riots in Memphis when Martin Luther King was shot. I was young, but the blacks did start alot fires, etc which was nothing like a fullscale war, however I have seen footage of riots in NYC that were pretty scary. Just local pockets of gangs creating terror is bad enough. Perhaps stay at home, dodge the bullets... maintain a low profile.

I have never seen the rules of engagement for martial law in modern times, but makes you wonder how soldiers of the military might react if turned lose in the streets of the US with live rounds. Remember these guys have been killing on foreign soil... so it could be ugly. Perhaps we owe them some respect, eh? I definitely wouldn't be playing any games with em.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ki11ma11
What would you say the probability of a full scale military conflict reaching our shores and soil?

I'd say the chances are slim to none. The technology today is far superior to what was available in the last world war. The second an invading force was assembled it would be detected by satalite, once it started moving it would be called out and before it even got close to shore it would be engaged and probably destroyed.

But your talking conventional warfare. That is so last century.

A massive terror campaign is still possible. A dozen terrorists with matches could burn California to the ground during the next fire season. There's really nothing we could do to stop that.

A full scale invasion, no, that won't happen. Some crazies going after the infrastructure. They could do some real damage.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The idea of a full-scale foreign invasion is out of the question at the present time. A logistical impossibility. The first sign we would see that such an invasion were even being contemplated, would be troop buildups in the Western Hemisphere by either the Russians, the Chinese, or both. Barring that, we would at least see them suddenly building a lot of transports.

So in reality, the first thing we would actually see standing here on American soil would be an unprecedented air-war overhead, which most likely means strategic global thermonuclear war.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Speaking as a Brit, if the s**t does hit the fan and the Chinese, Russians and Cubans (don't forget the Cubans!) invade the USA could you please leave us out of the conflict? Thanks.

But seriously, us Brits had this just 70 years ago and you can still see and feel the after effects.

Although I havent experienced this myself, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient1

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

But seriously, us Brits had this just 70 years ago and you can still see and feel the after effects.

Although I havent experienced this myself, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I don't remember us being invaded seventy years ago! We had the threat of invasion during the WWII but the dangers of the English channel and the heroic RAF soon put Germany's ambitions to the sword.
I think the discusion here is a huge "what if America was invaded?" And most people who are posting are taking the sensible route in agreeing that such a thing couldn't happen.
1/ The rest of the free world would instantly declare war on any invading country.
and
2/ America has more than enough foreign bases that it could most probably lay waste to China and Russia while they were busying themselves in America trying to work out what a McNugget was!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

In the age of nuclear weapons, especially with an arsenal as big as ours, "use it or lose it" rules the day. Unless someone can figure out a way to neutralize that arsenal, Red Dawn will be just a cool movie.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ki11ma11

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

I definitely agree with that... Although I don't see it so much as with race, but with political parties... The country is so divided, with Obama and Hillary destroying the Democratic party, and Bush laying the Republican party to rest... I dont think we will ever trust Republicans again, and we will look to Democrats for the salvation from our crisis... Only to be disappointed and thus people will be fed up with the government all together... So I to see a revolt or civil war more likely... However what side will our military be on is the question... Obviously the big question is which side will have the tanks, fighter jets, and technology on their side... While the other side has shotguns and pitchforks... However imagine if it did happen... No running water, nobody would come to help when you dialed 9-1-1, nor would we have any food... The country would essentially be frozen infrastructure wise until the conflict is resolved... If it ever is... I dont think people would be able to survive like that...

I think the only way the PTB could get us to take up arms against each other would be to split us in two, hence the two party system. If there was a third or fourth party there would be very little chance we'd take up arms against each other.

When you witness the bickering that happens here on ATS between Dems and Republicans over trivial topics, I think it demonstrates just how close we actually are to a melt down. IMHO what this country desperately needs is no less than a 3 party system, and we need it soon.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think that our latent desires for such a scenario to be possible speaks volumes about the genuine "threat." And that being our unhappiness as a people that we would be willing to endure the impossible for a clean slate.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right, I was referring to the air strikes. Technically not the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join