It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Truck Bomb -- WHO DID THIS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
U.S. Economy in crisis as lead story internationally the entire week prior.

U.S. Democratic Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) has slight percentage lead and ear of the masses due to the failed Republican economic policies largely attributed to the President and individuals like the candidate from the other party.

U.S. Presidential debate 26 Sep 2008.

Eight weeks ago, debate topic changed from the economy to foreign policy-- a topic of popular support and confidence in U.S. Republican Presidential candidate Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).

Issue is one of the least that is presently concerning American voters. Economy is number one.

The explosion.

Theories and "al-Qaida signature...."

Truth?

This was NOT a VBIED or anything similar. The joke that is the U.S. media proffers analysis suggesting aresolized Al dust that caused the post-blast conflagration. The best theory yet- and the surveillance video gives a good nod to it- is that the driver (drugged, CTTL'd, dead-drone driven, whatever) turned his cab into a nice bonfire for a JDAM variant to lick the IR signature and make some sort of statement. The new Pakistani President was less than a mile away at a similar dinner as that suggested by previous posters.

Perhaps this Saturday morning event was to reignite the fear of Islamic terrorism and let the issue sit for 48 hours to remove the economy on the minds of voters in the wake of this key debate and thus give the Republican-supported war "efforts" a boost to ensure that McCain is the next POTUS?

ISI/USAF False Flag op to continue the military funding for the War on Terror?

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I am ex military, AF and have seen many types of munitions...I actually dated a bomb expert (but very hot) and we had long talks about bombs....anyway that is obviously an air to ground detonation. A car/truck bomb will not penetrate earth like that did. And its way to small for any type of nuke, even our smallest suitcase nuke is 1k times larger than a bunker buster 28k conventional bomb. And even then, the blast radius is shot outward along the profile of the earth, then sucked back up into the atmostphere. A nuke explosion profile is OUT then UP...a conventional explosion profile is UP and OUT...This was DOWN and OUT, much more like a conventional bomb launched from either a ship, or aircraft of some sort. The apparent size looks like a 1k bomb from a B 1 or B 2, but could even be a cruise missile. Also notice the apparent lack of shrapnel that is in the crater itself. Mythbusters is an excellent source of info on this type of explosion, also try Janes as a source of info. Thanks for letting me have my say here.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Forgot it was full of crete as well.

I'm sure if you packed a ton of explosives on the ground, it would
be similar result.

The bali bomb also left a pretty big crater, but the explosives
were no where near the paki one.

So there you go, Conspiracy Busted

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by newagent89

here here - the voice of reason , at last

its amazing that people are so willing to accept thier ` facts ` from a hollywierd fiction - unfreaking believeable

i have some advice for you - next time your house / car etc catches fire attempt to use pure oxygen as a fire extinguisher - it worked on the idiotic film ` sunshine ` so it should work for you

ps - i will file a darwin award nomination on your behalf - lol

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
the crater isn't what strikes me, its the amount of damage to the cars and over such a large area...

I have to say tho, I'm so confused, are we friends with Pakistan? We're attacking across their border and making them mad at us; they are threatening us in return. But we have FBI agents in the hotel and possibly Marines? This sounds like it was a pretty popular hotel for journalist and other people from around the world?

Obviously our stance (or the US governments rather) is that its 'terrorist'; but is this going to be how Pakistan sees it?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by newagent89

I was merely giving an example of 'What If' with regards to the camera's as undoubtedly the camera issue thing isn't isolated to just the Pakistan explosion. Was more of a comment than a reference point.

reply to post by ignorant_ape

/*Looks back through this thread,

Nope nothing constructive elsewhere added by yourself. Apart from this comment. To clarify, I wasn't getting my 'Facts' from the movie reference and also in case you missed it in your hast you jump down my throat, others have also referenced movies. Not for the facts but for hypothetical reasoning.

I also have some advice for you, read the entire thread before jumping on one person out of a few that's referenced material, all be it from movies but sometimes these can shed a little light (Not fact based) on certain situations. Conspiracies in there own right are sometimes more speculation that actual proven fact - a bit like movies you could say.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by toepick

pakistans pm wasnt too pleased to say the least in the speech he made after the attacks.

al qaedas being blamed and it looks like one of their typical attacks. i think if you packed enough explosives into a truck that it does the damage to a building that was caused in this attack it can cause a crater.

pakistans pm and president were actually gonna be in the hotel at the time but changed dinner plans i saw on the news earlier. i find that more interesting than there being a crater.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
My first reaction to this very sad ant cowardous attack on inocent lives is "CAUSUS BELLI". Created by the US government to let them invade Pakistan. Don't tell me thats off topic or anti-american. This is ATS. And I am sad to say this wasn't the first response to this topic.

WHO DID THIS ? I say it ou loud.

GEORGE W. BUSH

I sure hope you have some kind of data or link to back up that ridiculous accusation with, because not only is it highly offensive, it goes against the ATS creed of denying ignorance. Your answer is the pinnacle of ignorance, sir.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Sky watcher they seem skilled enough to kill 3,000 plus americans and do what has never been done before. The smartest minds in the free world could not have figured out that you could being down 3 buildings with a plane, and sneak box cutters onto the planes as well. I think you could be wrong about the skills these bad men have. Are shaped charges something that is secret technology? Maybe the terrorists need to watch the TV show Future Weapons, they cover shaped charges pretty well. I think even with my limited mind after watching that show I could do it half assed.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by u2r2h

Since Pakistan is primarily a military outpost of City of London heroin running, we can assume that City of London operatives are trying to replace the heads of Pakistan and Afghanistan in a coup d'etat, which is business as usual for MI-6.

It's time we recognize that CIA works for City of London, just as MI-6.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Its because it wasn't a car bomb, it was targeted from the air.

Pakistan officials were against US bombing of "suspected" terrorists in Paki
So the Paki gov't authorized to open fire on unmanned US armed drones.

To further their cause, "those in control" plotted yet another fake terrorist attack on Paki soil.

Al-qaeda is not a real terrorist organization, it was a term invented by the CIA to classify who they considered as "terrorist". Al-qaeda really means data, look it up.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For those who have trouble comprehending - in 1993 terrorists set off
truck bomb with about 1400 lbs of HOMEMADE EXPLOSIVES in parking
garage of WTC complex. Blast ripped a hole 150 ft wide in floor and
penetrated 5 levels done to undergraound train station

1993 truck bomb at WTC

The Marriott bombing used military explosives which much more powerful

So why having problem understanding that if set off a truck load of
explosives are going to leave behind one humungous hole!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Anyone else see the Wired.com article on this?
Wired.com article

'High quality' explosives and aluminum powder mixed in, essentially a 'thermobaric' type bomb. That would explain the level of destruction and the crater I would imagine if that's what it was.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Wow, it seems like a large number of people on this site cannot wait to blame and shame the US and its allies.

Bomb goes off and the US is automatically implicated as the invisible, evil hand. Real terrorists, whether they be irrational muslims, christians, jews, buddhists, jedis (lol?) couldn't ask for a better outcome.

It seems they can go through any lengths, commit horrific acts, sacrifice as many lives as they wish and still manage to create confusion and doubt as to whether they "really did it", or "could do it."

One of the most disturbing things I see here is the assumption that terrorist = poor, misunderstood, previously/currently US backed, no financial backing and thus outdated/old technologies.

Please have a think about this...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by knownzero

Couple of interesting videos about Thermobaric Explosives:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I tried to embed them but I couldn't get it to work for some reason.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Anti Matter explosion? They have no residual radiation.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lawlb0t

When antimatter comes into contact with normal matter

Surely there would be traces of this radiation, and an explosion at the speed of sound would be totally mental. Plus I am sure it would be much worse than the one in Pakistan.

Actually, do we have anti-matter bombs yet

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

The Marriott bombing used military explosives which much more powerful

So why having problem understanding that if set off a truck load of
explosives are going to leave behind one humungous hole!

Well it was in some Hollywood films that car bombs don't leave craters so it must be true. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Hollywood films take liberties with facts?? Pfft. Clear and Present Danger was a documentary wasn't it?

I also once dated someone who used to share a flat with someone who was in the army. So I know what I'm talking about.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by u2r2h

A crater from a truck bomb of this configuration makes sense. Since artilery rounds were used along with other explosives, cratering is probable as long as the artillery rounds are facing down so the shape charge would blast downward creating this damage. The person who set up the explosives was pretty smart by succeeding in an explosion in as spherical as possible to create as much damage as they did.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe it was the Indian intelligence trying to assassinate the Pakistani government with the American military envoy who were scheduled to lunch there but changed their appointment in the last minute, making strategic military negotiations.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join