It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Truck Bomb -- WHO DID THIS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Radiation detectors do not need a Geiger tube - Geiger counters or
more correct Geiger-Muller tubes are just one variety.

The CDV 715/715 uses an ion chamber housed in body of the detector
It does not have a external tube

The CDV 715/717 are classified as survey meters. This is a totally different function than a Geiger counter. If you rely on it for detecting contamination, guess what, you're contaminated.

They have a range too high for detection / decontamination purposes. They are very useful in highly contaminated areas where the GM tube would be overloaded and give a false reading.

This is why the CD shelters had kits with both a Geiger Counter and survey meters along with personal dosimeters.

Yeah, I have several of each, also.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I noticed some of the links in this thread seem to have been replaced by a little pic that says spam. Were the links to a site that was considered spam? What defines a spammy link?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Pardon me if this has been stated already, but it seems to me that a crater of that size could only be formed with a bomb being dropped from up above. If I had to guess, I'd say it was dropped by a UAV to destroy the truck and save the lives of the political figures that were in the area.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insolubrious
Stunning crater, and like people have said truck bombs don't crater, and that is one huge mother of a crater. Can anyone say Uranium?

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Insolubrious]

Those filthy terrorists! They have DU weapons. Look at those fires. Wheeee!!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
large crater at kenya embassy bombing

again the khobar tower crater

[edit on 21-9-2008 by punkinworks]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Plus another thing makes it suspect is that noone has claimed credit for the attack, which usually the first thing a terrorist group does after such an operation.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Are you being sarcastic? Because I don't see a crater.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Good idea, but a UAV wouldn't need a bomb that big to destroy a truck. The driver was already dead. I think the terrorists had it rigged to blow whether the driver said yes or not.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The CDV 715/717 are classified as survey meters. This is a totally different function than a Geiger counter. If you rely on it for detecting contamination, guess what, you're contaminated

CDV 715/717 can detect as low as 100 mrem/hr, CDV 700 0-.5 mrem/hr

In any case lighting off a nuke would have fried everyone for hundreds
of meters - traces would still be detectable now (and for weeks after)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

And yet already the Al Qaeda are being blamed, surely something on this scale would be claimed pretty quickly by them if it was them.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I wonder why they won't release the footage of the truck blowing up? What's to hide?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
here are some new images:

the hotel after the blast
www.repubblica.it...

woundeds
www.repubblica.it...

the hotel before the attack
www.repubblica.it...

[/im]http://i38.tinypic.com/2i1nhc5.jpg[/im]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Stunning crater, and like people have said truck bombs don't crater, and that is one huge mother of a crater. Can anyone say Uranium?

You really don't mind looking silly do you? There's multiple pics in this thread of craters caused by truck and car bombs. But then - facts shouldn't get in the way, right?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Distractions4Nothing

Mid right behind and to the right of the building in the foreground, you can see the reddish dirt in the crater.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
More than the plans to take everyone's rights in this planet, they are passing off STUPIDITY claims on all of us.

"You have no rights because you're STUPID."

When I saw the footage the Pakistan Govt released, I first asked myself "How can a truck carrying explosives cause a crater THIS big? This was air-born, for sure."

But people aren't even using logic anymore. If they see something and they are told how that something happens, it is taken as an undeniable truth by the average Joe. Only compared to Dogmatic religious beliefs.

Good thing we ain't stupid. At least not that much.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Toorop]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is a very good image to illustrate how close the lorry was when it went up assuming it hadn't moved.

then looking at this, the CRATER something doesn't add up between the 2 locations and the center of the explosion.

Unless its just my eyes playing tricks again.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

You really don't mind looking silly do you? There's multiple pics in this thread of craters caused by truck and car bombs. But then - facts shouldn't get in the way, right?

Sorry to sound dumb but i was just repeating what I heard from a military explosives expert with decades of experience, and i would rather go with his words than yours.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just re-read the article I posted earlier and apparently the bomb was 600 kg (1,320 lb) of explosives including artillery shells, mortar bombs and shrapnel.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Depending on the type of shell you could easilly get that kind of crater. Just orient them nose down ... many are designed to channel explosive force downward and or away from the nose of the shell to be more specific.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Am I the only one who's curious how a bomb can cause a crater that big and do no significant structural damage to the facade of the building? Very strange indeed!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join