It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train wreck victim's cell phone continued to call loved ones after his death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ok, This is a bizarre story of the paranormal/metaphysical.. Chuck Peck's cell phone kept calling loved ones after he died in the LA Metrolink train wreck. Mr Peck was reported to have died instantly according to the rescue team, and his cell phone was never recovered. Read the KTLA Report Says the phone called several family members and all they got was static. When the family members called back, it went to straight to voicemail. Do you believe a dead man can communicate after his death? This story will make ya think about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorry for the skepticism, but MAYBE his cellphone was damaged during the crash causing it to repeatedly call the numbers in his recent calls list?

I juts came here from this thread and I think that the application of Occam´s Razor applies niceley here.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

Yeah I suppose one could easily attribute this to electronic malfunction for that phone to be calling random numbers. If the dead man had sent a text message, it would have been a more compelling argument. Hey I just thought the story was interesting...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We'll never know why the cell phone kept calling like that and does it even matter? All that really matters is that it gave his family comfort while they waited.

Could it have been him? Yeah, maybe stranger things have happened. In the end the why doesn't matter.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
thats a sad story.
the journalist really should have thought it through before posting a sensationalist story. i feel sorry for the family who where begging this guy to "hang in there".

fair enough though, you were right to post it up. it gives everyone a choice to make up their own minds.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
there are lots of cases of calls from the dead if you google them. I have an old book (now out of print but I thought it worth the £30 or so on amazon) called "Phone Calls from the Dead" and it focuses specifically on this subject...lots of really interesting stories in it and also on the net

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It is my thought that in the astral there are chemists that operate with certain formulas and technology on that plane just as we do on ours. Inter-communication with spirits and our technology is not that uncommon.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
omg what a freaky story.. this reminds me of that movie "The Hills have Eyes" part one where the mother tried calling her husband after getting into the ghost town not knowing she was dead and at the end of the movie they back tracked to when she called him and the husband answering the call only to hear static.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yeah look im not going to say its not a paranormal event.
But the fact that they found he was text messaging before it happened would kind of make you think the numbers could have already been up etc and the wreck just started auto dialing things.
I don't think there is any reports of them finding the cell phone it would be interesting to see what condition it was in.
But we will probably never know that.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Absolutly! Since everthing is energy then everything can be operated through energy! Spirits can use energy!

I was visiting my mother with my kids on a vacation.. he was a stressful one as everyone seemed to fight with each other... so, me and my older teenage son enjoyed our new Harry Potter books we got and stayed up wayyyy to late reading them at about 2AM.. I had slipped off to a light sleep with book in hand.. not my son.. he's used to staying up. Anyway.. he says "mom, do you hear that?" I quickly woke up and heard a distinct train sound from the locked closet (We locked it because I have a younger son and they have guns in there - safety first! ) The sound was.. Chuga-Chuga-Choo-Choo sound... the sound.. not the words... I said "Oh it's probably just activity" (We get a lot of that at my house.. but, this is the first time my older son experienced it so clearly) The next morning.. he was intrigued by it and got the key to unlock the closet and was going through all the toys in there... he says " I think it's this one" has he pointed to a semi-truck toy.. I listened to it.. and it was a truck sound.. not a train. I said "I think it's that one" as I pointed to this large train engine toy designed for toddler children. It's about 12 inches long and about 8 inches high. He said "But, there are no batteries in it" I said "I don't care.. I say it's that" .. so, he went and got batteries.. sure enough it was the sound!!!

It's just energy! I of course thought it was neat and called my good psychic friend who said it was a message for the person who heard it predominately... that would be my son... she said that it was a message that it's time to leave. She actually thought it was his great grandmother. But, I was leaving in 1 1/2 days.. but, my sons were staying another week. She said she doesn't see any fatal danger to him... so, I let him decide. He decided to stay.... He regretted it.

It turns out.. my sister took him to a dog show.. with about 100 dogs in a small space, his sinuses acted up (never been with a 100 dogs before - didn't know he was allergic) and then he went swimming... got an ear infection.. which he has a history of not feeling infections until very late... a couple of days later he jumped in the river and blew out his ear drum! He couldn't swim for 2 months! AND on our "do nothing" vacation in Palm Springs when we play games and swim! AND We went on a cruise too... at least he could swim a little for that!

Bummer..

See how it's just energy!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Have you ever felt someone looking at you? That's energy! or HAve you stared at someone.. then their eyes meet you instantly .. that's energy!

That's why giving good thoughts are so important! Thoughts are so powerful!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Yes, I believe it's possible, I've had personal experience. A few years back, my nephew died, and was buried with a mobile that he loved to play with. A few weeks later, My father got a call from that very number, he answered, but there was nothing for a couple of seconds, then it hung up. I believe it's just to let you know that the person ''is'' still alive, more alive than us actually, and is doing fine.

Edit: I just want to add, that the battery in the phone would have been long dead, and it was buried underground in a coffin you know, just for any skeptics.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by ThatSleepParalysisGuy]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Don't get sucked in by Ghost stories, Last night I watched the real story about Amiteyville Horror and it was a total fabrication serving the sole purpose of making money.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheant143
omg what a freaky story.. this reminds me of that movie "The Hills have Eyes" part one where the mother tried calling her husband after getting into the ghost town not knowing she was dead and at the end of the movie they back tracked to when she called him and the husband answering the call only to hear static.

I think that was silent hill

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
speed dial buttons being held down

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My former supervisors mother had died.

She told me one night her phone rings and she answers it and on the other end her mother say's hi and asks if she's doing all right.

She then told her mother, You do know your dead don't you mom?

Her mother then tells her, I don't have much time, oh they're coming I have to go now.

She said she heard what sounded like 2 people in the background and it sounded like her mother hung up the phone and to this day she swears it was her mother.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

First of all let me tell you how much in love I am with the cat's furry legs
I have a similar cat also furry but not that.

That story is really amazing! I wonder if there is an afterlife what kind of technology they have and if we could create an interface. Maybe the dead can phone us from where ever they are. I am on the fence regarding life after death (I always want to say death after life ha ah instead of life after death). Anyways after having being visited by my dead cat (and touched it!) I wonder what lurks beyond the grave. Well one day we will all see for ourselves.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by QueenofWeird]

top topics

join