It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss restaurant to serve meals cooked with human breast milk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by AccessDenied

but think of the jobs that can be created! Commercial farms where ladies go to express for pay! I mean it would open up how many thousands of jobs?

not only is breast milk good for you, it's good for the economy!

Okay - I'm all for drinking brest milk... but women who need jobs expressing that, err no, does she need the money for intravenous drugs? It wouldn't be practice to test for each donation, think of the money, and by the time the test comes back the milk would be old.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't quite know what to think of this...I think I'm mostly disgusted actually. And Wukky, darlin.....puhleeese tell me you're not serious....I know you're saying all of this with a straight face, but please, you're not are you......? Everybody knows that this is not what boobies are for......

Cait

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Of course there would have to be a pre employment drug screen before women start working at the dairy farm. I mean certainly we would not want our milk products tainted by any outside substance.

to make this economically feasible large dairies would have to be constructed so that many women can express at the same time to create a supply.

reply to post by caitlinfae

Why not? I am trying to create jobs for thousands or tens of thousands of women across the globe. I know that this wouldn't be the first carrier path that most women would choose. However it would be an option for those that say dropped out of high school or otherwise cannot work another more PC type of job.

Sure there would be a stigma attached to women who express for cash, perhaps even names would be invented to slander and humiliate them. But I believe the ends justify the means. The public has a brand new milk product to enjoy and women have a unique job that makes the economy better. I mean it's a win win situation. I don't see the problem with it.

and uh cait, that is what boobies are really for

[edit on 9/20/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well are we talking about hundreds of women lined up bending over something like a back massage chair with holes all day eating from a trough with breast pumps attached?

What about GM, steroids and hormones?

Are we going to have "free range" women?

The devil's in the details you know.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

See the comfort and the privacy of the women would have to be paramount. i was thinking relaxing chairs, perhaps individual radios or televisions, in a private cubicle environment.

I doubt that women would put up with expressing all day. So physiology would have to be looked into. These women would have to be compensated for not only their time and effort but also their production as well.

Also I don't know if people would want their human milk to be tainted with hormones or other chemicals. I think a strict diet that is healthy for the woman and helps with production would have to be implemented.

This would be a job SD, not like a farm, these women have rights you know, they would be treated with respect and dignity. It's only right and fair.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hey, I'm just trying to help by playing devils advocate.
Your investors will ask all these questions.

Also you need a name and a trademark catch phrase.
And so it begins ...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I was thinking of an altered version of the Land O Lakes butter girl as the logo.

and stealing the phrase Got Milk, and using busty models.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ROFL. You all crack me up.

The eating out of a trough was just too much to bear.

cait, it pretty much repulses me too. There will be the purists I'm sure who will have to insist on getting it directly from the source the old fashion way. Then there will be the attachment that adds strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate syrup to it...

[edit on 20-9-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Or Or, we can have a "milker" in every Starbucks, topping up the lattes.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Now I am sure that won't happen, you don't see cows in starbucks now do you? I am talking a full production dairy here. That would produce a large quantity of milk that can be processed and shipped to stores.

It could be marketed as more healthy for you too!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Now I am sure that won't happen, you don't see cows in starbucks now do you? I am talking a full production dairy here. That would produce a large quantity of milk that can be processed and shipped to stores.

It could be marketed as more healthy for you too!

True you don't see cows in starbucks, which brings me to my next idea...lol

But you're thinking big, I like that.

This whole thing makes me miss Spy magazine.
They did a whole bit once where they opened a "Bunny Burger" joint in a mall during easter. Hi-freakin-larious, there were crying children everywhere. And they had people in fluffy bunny suits walking around the mall pushing bunny burger samples while saying happy easter. I'm peeing my pants.

[edit on 9/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So we see that there is obviously a market for it. Besides the fact that you can sell it to mothers that want to feed it to infants. There is a supply for it. with women that are able to lactate.

So why not do it?

I think this is a great idea and I think that this can benefit a part of the market that people may not have thought of yet. It also would create jobs.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
No WUKKY, darlin, it's not what boobies are for...they are for feeding infants...usually your own, at home, in private, and not for being milked like a heifer to top up someones Chai Latte. Can you imagine the abuse that would stem from a scheme like this? If it took off and big business got hold of it, can you imagine how much poorer women around the world would be abused and victimised, and more importantly, how it would make them feel....like livestock? Just because one crackpot restaurant owner somewhere up a Swiss mountain decides to get some really strange but effective publicity doesn't mean there is a market for it.

If there is a market, and there probably is, it should remain very small and select and restricted to the women who want to get involved, simply because they want to, and not just because they are being paid to do it. If they want to do it, fine, but it's NOT an industry in waiting.

It's just too weird to contemplate, and makes me worry about how you really see us.

Cait

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The marketing of such a product intrigues me.

Can't wait to see a whole cooled fridge shelf lined up with hot topless models depicted on the milk cartons. Maybe even the 20 by 40 foot billboards on highways could enlighten many drivers day on their way to work.

I am for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I see it now...you are all in Boy Fantasy Land, and therefore not to be taken seriously....ever....and i'm not being sexist here...I like la la's as much as the next lesbian, but there is no way you can expect to be taken as grown ups in this discussion....*slapping forehead in exasperation*

Cait

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

If there is a market, and there probably is, it should remain very small and select and restricted to the women who want to get involved, simply because they want to, and not just because they are being paid to do it. If they want to do it, fine, but it's NOT an industry in waiting.

Let us look at it in this light shall we? Ok your a mother, a mother that wants the best for your infant. However thanks to a double mastectomy, or some other horrid problem, you are unable to give your infant breast milk. Obviously breast milk is the best for a newborn baby, well if there was an option to be able to buy it would you not take that? Especially in light of recent developments with China's formula tainting problems. So an industry comes along that can supply this to you. Would this not be a good idea?

As far as women being treated as livestock, as I said before this would not be the job for every woman. But perhaps some women would like the opportunity to provide a natural and beneficial product to other women that themselves could not do so. This industry would have to cater to the privacy and the physiology of those women. I seriously doubt that any woman would put up with or could be hooked up to a pump for 8 hours a day. But if they did choose to donate what is the best substance for an infants development, should they not be paid for their time and efforts?

It's just too weird to contemplate, and makes me worry about how you really see us.

How I really see women is irrelevant to this particular discussion.

[edit on 9/21/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I thought I'd shed some light on this issue with a little humor.
But to show you that I can be taken seriously and show real intrest in this debate, I would be the first to be in line if men could give milk. After all, I have 2 nipples, too.

You think I am kidding?

www.unassistedchildbirth.com...

No more blood letting for bowl of soup. Off we go to get milked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join