It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss restaurant to serve meals cooked with human breast milk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Swiss restaurant to serve meals cooked with human breast milk

www.telegraph. co.uk

The owner of the Storchen restaurant in the exclusive Winterthur resort will improve his menu with local specialities such as meat stew and various soups and sauces containing at least 75 per cent of mother's milk.

"We have all been raised on it. Why should we not include it into our diet?" Hans Locher, who has become Switzerland most controversial restaurant owner, said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"Humans as producers of milk are simply not envisaged in the legislation.

"They are not on the list of approved species such as cows and sheep, but they are also not on the list of the banned species such as apes and primates," Rolf Etter of the Zurich food control laboratory said.

Whoa, this is weird. So how long before they start cooking with- lol, OMG, I can't even bring myself to say it....

www.telegraph. co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

i am thinking to my self
how would they extract the Milk?

the good old hands doing it the way of the cows
or by pumps

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

i am thinking to my self
how would they extract the Milk?

the good old hands doing it the way of the cows
or by pumps

I'm sure everyone is familiar with a breast pump.

There are numerous models on the market and the one pictured above is a simple manual version no more complicated than a turkey baster. There are also electric pumps that have two attachments so that milk can be expressed from both breast simultaneously.

Even the milk you get from cows is no longer extracted manually. A four teat vacuum pump is used on all modern dairy cows.
I'm sure there would be plenty of men willing to do the job manually though if a human female was involved.

Let's face it, human milk is probably much healthier for us than something from another species.

I'll have the fettuccine with cream sauce please.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'd go for that - especially if I knew that the woman who provided the milk was a picture of good health -non smoker, good eater and a few glasses of red wine every other day to add to the flavour!

It's a bit of a gimmick but it's a good talking point for a nice meal - wouldn't it be weird if when you complemented the waitress she informed you it was her milk!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
lol, great replies.

What I am wondering is where is all this milk going to come from? I thought a mother's milk was meant for their babies? So now women are going to get pregnant so they can sell their breast milk? Won't this increase abortions like whoa?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I think you'll find that once a woman starts lactating (ie with child birth) they can continue almost indefinitely so long as they milk regularly and the diet allows for the extra expenditure, once they stop they stop, so the question could be 'what are we going to do with all this milk?' I think a pint per woman per day is about average.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This could give a whole new meaning to the "Hooters" restaurant chain.

"Would you like cream in your coffee sir ?"
"Oh yes please."

Squirt........

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

i think my refernce to pumps
was a refrence to that

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yea doesn't anyone find it strange that breast milk isn't marketed? I mean really, it is milk designed for feeding our youth. We drink milk from a cow, but we find it disgusting to drink human milk?

I wonder if they could homogenize breast milk? It seriously is the natural logical substance humans should consume right?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Envisioning the server coming around with the pepper mill then popping one out

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Breast milk does taste pretty good! lol

I believe it's not as fattening...kinda watery!

...maybe there will be human breast milk cheese next, or yogurt!

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9/19/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I would want certification that the women providing the milk were completely disease free. You never know...
But then, after FDA gets its hands on it and applies its regulations there will be no nutrition left in the milk to make it worth the price. All the processes it will undergo will strip the nutritional value and probably add chemicals and preservatives, and diners will be paying a higher price for nasty watered down milk with whipped cream added- no thanks.

I admit, I'm grossed out by the concept anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Trying to wrap my brain around this and figure out WHY????
I mean, yes I'm female, I breast fed all my kids..for an average of 18 months each..(If you knew me..THAT"S A LOT!)
To tell you the truth I was overjoyed to STOP.
You begin to feel like a cow even though you know it's benefiting your own child.
I cannot imagine any woman doing this for food to be served to other people.
Too much of an EEWWW factor there.

And what about the reaction of the husbands and families of these women?
How can that husband brag about his wife?
"Heck ya..she's real tasty tonight..I tell ya!"

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

but think of the jobs that can be created! Commercial farms where ladies go to express for pay! I mean it would open up how many thousands of jobs?

not only is breast milk good for you, it's good for the economy!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

but think of the jobs that can be created! Commercial farms where ladies go to express for pay! I mean it would open up how many thousands of jobs?

not only is breast milk good for you, it's good for the economy!

I'd rather be jobless than go to a farm to be milked like a cow.:shk:

Just goes to show that men really are BIG BABIES.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Only when I'm sick.

Otherwise, I'm all man, a manly man, a man in tights!

Besides, human breast milk is what our human bodies are supposed to have. We aren't cows. We probably would receive more nourishment from human breast milk than we do from bovine.

[edit on 9/19/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yes..but even cows and all other mammals STOP giving milk once the young reaches old enough to eat ADULT food.
No human adult needs breast milk.
And true..no one should go around sucking off a cow either.
But what the heck would I put on my Corn Flakes????

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong AD, I agree that maybe breast milk farming might not be the right job for all women. I can understand where your coming from. But other women may find that it is an easy way to make money that can benefit many others.

I can even see the marketing campaign now GOT MILK can be done with a plethora of sexy busty models.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

Breast milk does taste pretty good! lol

I believe it's not as fattening...kinda watery!

I've tasted it to, and in the first month or so after birth it is very watery and more like weak 1% cows milk, (it's almost blue.)
The longer the mother lactates it takes on more full body texture with more proteins and fats.

I lived with two breastfeeding woman for a while and if there was a little bottle of expressed milk in the fridge, but no Carnation Milk, guess what you put in your morning tea ?

EDIT: I just want to correct a misconception running in this thread.

Any female mammal will continue to produce milk for many years as long as the milk is expressed on a regular basis. In many cultures woman breast feed children to the age of three or four. Many of those having more than one starting while they wean the oldest.
Wet nurses can go from child to child as their services are required and continuously lactate for decades.

It's when mammals wean their young to other foods and reduce milk demand is when production drops and they dry up.

[edit on 19/9/2008 by anxietydisorder]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join